Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Loss of power ..

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-10, 06:56 PM
A.C Milan
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loss of power ..

Hello

I'm having a wierd problem that i noticed on my car , recently i had an accident in the front end, the engine wasn't harmed but it had to be removed in order to fix some body work ( chassis damage ), anyway after the car got fixed I'm noticing that the car feels a bit less power than before + the car is less thirsty on fuel.

for example there are certain spots where i used to powerslide the car a bit ( i know i shouldn't do that) before the accident, but now in the exact same place the car hardly even loses traction , it just goes with very slight skidding.

I'm not sure what's the problem .. could it be faulty spark plugs?
there are no warning lights at all.
Old 04-22-10, 11:03 PM
four o two
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, LOL. ...first, why are you posting this in the 2nd gen section? Second, you wrecked your car, had the engine pulled and re-installed, and now it feels anemic. Right.

#1, stop driving foolishly. #2, how can any of us possibly be expected to ascertain the exact nature of your problem when it could be anything?
Old 04-22-10, 11:14 PM
MiiK350
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by four o two
Wow, LOL. ...first, why are you posting this in the 2nd gen section? Second, you wrecked your car, had the engine pulled and re-installed, and now it feels anemic. Right.

#1, stop driving foolishly. #2, how can any of us possibly be expected to ascertain the exact nature of your problem when it could be anything?
Very helpful. Courteous to say the least.
Old 04-22-10, 11:23 PM
AZ JB
Advanced

Originally Posted by A.C Milan
Hello

I'm having a wierd problem that i noticed on my car , recently i had an accident in the front end, the engine wasn't harmed but it had to be removed in order to fix some body work ( chassis damage ), anyway after the car got fixed I'm noticing that the car feels a bit less power than before + the car is less thirsty on fuel.

for example there are certain spots where i used to powerslide the car a bit ( i know i shouldn't do that) before the accident, but now in the exact same place the car hardly even loses traction , it just goes with very slight skidding.

Take it to Lexus.. There is no way anyone on here can diagnose the problem after everything that has happened with your car.
Old 04-22-10, 11:51 PM
wilwilB
Driver

Originally Posted by four o two

dude he is posting here because he's from saudi arabia where they have the IS300 for the 2nd gen IS. been outside of the state buddy? anyways to OP take it to the dealership have them to check the car like AZ JB has said.
Old 04-23-10, 12:35 AM
IS25Heaven
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IStwofifty
Very helpful. Courteous to say the least.
Originally Posted by wilwilB
dude he is posting here because he's from saudi arabia where they have the IS300 for the 2nd gen IS. been outside of the state buddy? anyways to OP take it to the dealership have them to check the car like AZ JB has said.
Good job showing four o two his place, since CL is a place where we are supposed to help others. Some people just dont know any better.

To the OP- sorry to hear about your accident, like AZ JB and willwillB said you should go to the dealership and see whats wrong with your car.
Old 04-23-10, 02:19 PM
A.C Milan
Lead Lap

Thanks for the helpful comments , I wrote it hear thinking someone could have a slight idea about what the problem could be, I know there are members here with very good mechanical knowledge.
Old 04-23-10, 03:45 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Senior Moderator

Received 4,083 Likes on 2,475 Posts

Originally Posted by A.C Milan
Hello

Maybe but not likely if your fuel economy is better. Sounds like they changed something in the way the engine breathes - any new restriction will reduce power. But it's also very difficult to diagnose over the Internet.