Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

WTB Intake system.......F-sport

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-10, 09:56 AM
imports4me
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB Intake system.......F-sport

Hey guys, maybe some advice?

im in the market for a intake system. I want a aggressive sound but also want to keep my stock intake box. Not going to happen right. I do have a 250 and wont be racing or aggressively driving it all the time. that being said, what intake system do you think suits me? I was considering Fujita because they have the aggressive sound but after reading alot of reviews on how its just a hot air intake and thats about it. I was able to find F-sport intake brand new for 300. is that a good price? what about takeda or injen? they are also like fujita right.

Fujita is apparently on a national wide back order right now, so it kind of gives me time to do more research. fujita is what i was going to go with....unless i can convince myself that the f-sport is better down the road and over all.

Also, when you buy f-sport it just comes with the tube and filter right. you use the stock air box right. i saw a f-sport intake box also and im guessing that is separate. is that box also worth it?

thanks for your time.
Old 04-23-10, 10:11 AM
raptor22
Lead Lap

300 is about the cheapest brand new i've come across, unless you find someone who bought one but never used it and wanted to sell at a lower price, or when there's special F-Sport promotion going on (none right now).

The package comes with the tube, filter, and the lower air box (and you reuse the stock upper box). the F-Sport lower box has an additional hole, and that's what's making the sound.
Old 04-23-10, 10:15 AM
imports4me
Pole Position

no 300 is brand new from the lexus dealer.........want me to share how i got that?
Old 04-23-10, 10:16 AM
Gtti
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi,
where can I get it a 300 and able to ship out of US?

Thanks!!
Old 04-23-10, 10:22 AM
imports4me
Pole Position

Originally Posted by raptor22
300 is about the cheapest brand new i've come across, unless you find someone who bought one but never used it and wanted to sell at a lower price, or when there's special F-Sport promotion going on (none right now).

The package comes with the tube, filter, and the lower air box (and you reuse the stock upper box). the F-Sport lower box has an additional hole, and that's what's making the sound.

sorry, so your saying you a more aggressive sound with the fsport lower box?
Old 04-23-10, 11:07 AM
raptor22
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by imports4me
no 300 is brand new from the lexus dealer.........
yeah thats what i figured. anyway all i was trying to say is that's probably the lowest price one can get it for (i.e. a good price), unless you find someone selling theirs for cheaper, or when there's a huge lexus f-sport sale (like last summer), or if you work for lexus/toyota or know someone who does, i guess.

sorry, so your saying you a more aggressive sound with the fsport lower box?
yes, when you buy the f-sport intake, it'll come with the intake tube, filter, and the lower air box (which has an extra hole compared to the stock lower air box), and the hole is what's making the aggressive sound.
Old 04-23-10, 11:47 AM
new.era.13
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im planning on getting a takeda intake, because it uses a heat shield and also still uses the air intake snorkel. I found them for about 200 bucks
Old 04-23-10, 12:18 PM
imports4me
Pole Position

Originally Posted by raptor22
yeah thats what i figured. anyway all i was trying to say is that's probably the lowest price one can get it for (i.e. a good price), unless you find someone selling theirs for cheaper, or when there's a huge lexus f-sport sale (like last summer), or if you work for lexus/toyota or know someone who does, i guess.

yes, when you buy the f-sport intake, it'll come with the intake tube, filter, and the lower air box (which has an extra hole compared to the stock lower air box), and the hole is what's making the aggressive sound.
dude, im lost, so your saying that he fsport system will come with the lower box with the hole? i thought that was a separate item that you buy separate...lol
Old 04-23-10, 12:24 PM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it comes with the f-sport
Old 04-23-10, 12:42 PM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by new.era.13
im planning on getting a takeda intake, because it uses a heat shield and also still uses the air intake snorkel. I found them for about 200 bucks

I've done extensive testing on the various intakes and heat shield designs out there already and I can tell you that ABSOLUTELY NONE of them do anything but suck hot air.

Get a closed system and be done with it. My prototype is currently using a closed box as well as the conical filter design. The sound is still there, trust me.
Old 04-23-10, 01:40 PM
raptor22
Lead Lap

dude, im lost, so your saying that he fsport system will come with the lower box with the hole? i thought that was a separate item that you buy separate...lol
Originally Posted by Mv350
it comes with the f-sport
what Mv350 said.
Old 04-23-10, 03:35 PM
new.era.13
Lexus Test Driver

the f sport sucks in hot air also, the extra hole in the lower air box is right in the engine bay.
Old 04-25-10, 05:40 AM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

I have an F-Sport intake installed on my car, and to be honest with you, I really don't notice that much of a difference. For the most part it's all for looks. Yes, it does make a more aggressive sound when you hit redline all the time, but how often do you drive like that? (I'm sure someone here does though!! )
Old 04-25-10, 08:45 AM
imports4me
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ecr527
I have an F-Sport intake installed on my car, and to be honest with you, I really don't notice that much of a difference. For the most part it's all for looks. Yes, it does make a more aggressive sound when you hit redline all the time, but how often do you drive like that? (I'm sure someone here does though!! )

i kinda think that as well. for someone who just wants a nice sound i think i should go with fujita. i mean, f-sport is nice but i drive a 250 and a barely even drive it.

thanks for you comment...
Old 04-25-10, 06:50 PM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

do it big!!! it will sound good.

Quick Reply: WTB Intake system.......F-sport