Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-10, 08:48 PM
acefalcon2
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what kind of axle back? if you're going with HKS... maybe yes... say the HKS Hi-power is 600 shipped + Invidia pipes = 900ish... but we have to remember that JoeZ's cats and full system is from the dp back right? or Header back... i still think at 1500 is totally worth the money for the quality and the match... axlebacks+midpipes may not even have any significant gains at all

Andre
Old 05-09-10, 08:45 AM
KangstaxD
Lead Lap

Hey Acefalcon,
Can you please tell me what is the difference between racing version and street version? I know one has cat and one doesn't but what would have more gains? With/o cats? Also, what would sound better Acefalcon? Please give me some insights, im a noob =(
Old 05-09-10, 10:43 AM
four o two
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KangstaxD
Hey Acefalcon,
Can you please tell me what is the difference between racing version and street version? I know one has cat and one doesn't but what would have more gains? With/o cats? Also, what would sound better Acefalcon? Please give me some insights, im a noob =(
They're both gonna sound roughly the same. The gains from removing the cats are 1 hp to the wheels, maybe 2. It's negligible. IMO, the best way to go about modding our cars is to go JoeZ intake (+5rwhp), PPE headers (+16rwhp on a 350) and an exhaust of some kind (call it +10rwhp). All of those mods together will be noticeable in the seat of the pants. That's about the limit unless you wanna spray.
Old 05-09-10, 01:08 PM
JDKane527
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KangstaxD
Hey Acefalcon,
It's one of those things where it's hard to say which will sound better. They all sound different, just which is more of your taste. Race will be louder and have more gains from a more opened up exhaust, but if it's something you don't want, then it won't sound better, while if it is, then it will be. Comparing exhausts isn't exactly comparing apples to apples, and neither is other mods really. You can compare them based on gains, which will all be the same, catback to catback and axleback to axleback, but sound will never be the same between exhausts.

I honestly still haven't decided which exhaust to get for myself, reason why I have left it stock until I can decide 100% that I love an exhaust haha. Same for wheels too.

The race and street versions look amazing and if I had the money I would be all over the street version. Unfortunately tuition and books and rent come first.
Old 05-09-10, 04:35 PM
acefalcon2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by stonefan52
It's one of those things where it's hard to say which will sound better. They all sound different, just which is more of your taste. Race will be louder and have more gains from a more opened up exhaust, but if it's something you don't want, then it won't sound better, while if it is, then it will be. Comparing exhausts isn't exactly comparing apples to apples, and neither is other mods really. You can compare them based on gains, which will all be the same, catback to catback and axleback to axleback, but sound will never be the same between exhausts.

I honestly still haven't decided which exhaust to get for myself, reason why I have left it stock until I can decide 100% that I love an exhaust haha. Same for wheels too.

The race and street versions look amazing and if I had the money I would be all over the street version. Unfortunately tuition and books and rent come first.
i'll be in socal in June... i might help you out with install if you need it...

Andre
Old 05-09-10, 04:52 PM
JDKane527
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by acefalcon2
i'll be in socal in June... i might help you out with install if you need it...

Andre
Hahaa I still haven't decided, most likely will just pull the trigger on the F-Sport though, don't "need" the JoeZ...hell don't really "need" the F-Sport either...modding is either my antidrug or my drug...Modder's Anonymous.
Old 06-01-10, 08:32 AM
Tremonti
Rookie

Originally Posted by AZ JB
You should check out PPE's new exhaust too. 2.5" SS throughout and comes with a easy connect to their headers. I love it, and they make different versions for those who want it louder/quieter.
How much would their exhaust cost without figuring in the $650 headers and $240 hi-flow cats.. and how is the install on all of the parts? do you have any video/sound clips of your own exhaust so I can get an idea?