Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Where can i find a supercharger?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-10, 02:39 AM
jvanhtha
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can i find a supercharger?

I just bought a 98 GS400, and i want a supercharger, but can't find any company that makes a kit. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Old 05-15-10, 04:08 AM
Frankdorn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The only company that made a kit back in the day discontinued it. So its either gets lucky and stumble on a used kit for sale, piece together one yourself, or have a shop build you one.
Old 05-16-10, 03:30 AM
Sleam
Driver School Candidate

Who makes supercharger kits for GS2 2JZ-GE and where can I buy?
Please do not send in a search, because I did not get to use it
Old 05-16-10, 10:28 AM
tom steele
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default supercharger kit

how much you got i have been thinking of selling my kit so i can do a motor and tranny swap
Old 05-16-10, 11:24 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

gotta wait till one of the 2x or so people decide to sell their kits. LOL.. im keeping mine unless im SURE im not gunna get another GS4 again.
Old 05-16-10, 11:25 AM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tom steele
how much you got i have been thinking of selling my kit so i can do a motor and tranny swap
I know this is kinda random and off topic. But, I was curious if you know your 0-60 times on your car with the supercharger and following mods. Have you ever taken it to the track? You're car is awesome
Old 05-16-10, 12:50 PM
tom steele
Lead Lap

no haven't finished it yet off course who know if it will ever really be finished mods are always an ongoing. i have to get it on a dyno and fine tuned i have a splitsec ftc1 for the tuning just hook up a lap top to upload files pretty easy. had the apexi neo in before that not bad but decided to go back to the ftc1. more options for tuning. i also need to get my exhaust finished but have waited to decide if i want to do the swap or not. i am pretty sure i want to do the swap its the cheapest way to get a six speed stick with the power i want. the reason i need the exhaust done is i need to put in my sensor for my afr meter so i can tune it properly. here a few new pics my buddy just took
Attached Thumbnails Where can i find a supercharger?-front-pic-car.jpg   Where can i find a supercharger?-top-left.jpg  
Old 05-16-10, 01:24 PM
jvanhtha
Driver School Candidate

no haven't finished it yet off course who know if it will ever really be finished mods are always an ongoing. i have to get it on a dyno and fine tuned i have a splitsec ftc1 for the tuning just hook up a lap top to upload files pretty easy. had the apexi neo in before that not bad but decided to go back to the ftc1. more options for tuning. i also need to get my exhaust finished but have waited to decide if i want to do the swap or not. i am pretty sure i want to do the swap its the cheapest way to get a six speed stick with the power i want. the reason i need the exhaust done is i need to put in my sensor for my afr meter so i can tune it properly. here a few new pics my buddy just took
Thats a nice car. Let me know if and when you do your swap. I wanna see more pics. I was thinking about doing a 2jz swap too but its my wife's grocery getter so I think i just want to do a bolt on charger.
Old 05-16-10, 06:19 PM
tom steele
Lead Lap

no i plan on putting in a lsx chevy motor with a tremec six speed like cleans-14 but not a full drift car more vip. just need to sell the supercharger kit first to get the money for the swap..
Old 05-16-10, 08:57 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

How much
Old 05-17-10, 09:43 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Well, to add to this topic (may be slightly off topic though). I did more research on this and spoke to a couple of previous and current supercharged GS4 owners. They all said that regardless of what gearing you have in the rear the rpm's come up so quick that the tranny doesn't shift in time by redline...where it hits the rev limiter for a split-second before shifting. So, many let off the gas for a split-second at (or around) redline so the tranny could shift to the next gear and then they WOT again. IMHO this SUCKS and it is the VERY reason why I decided I am not and I am NEVER going to get a supercharger for my GS4. You lose time substantially, i.e. 0-60, 1/4 mile etc etc. Think about it...you NEVER hear of GS4XX SC'd guys laying down 12.5-12.9's in the 1/4 mile. If they would, there would be videos and such all over the place.

The technology of the 2nd Gen GS tranny SUCKS BIGTIME! So by throwing more power at it you may not be happy. I contacted Mo for SRT and was VERY close to dropping my car off at Maryland for 4 weeks for them to do a one-off kit but even with a VB upgrade in the tranny you can't just mash the gas the entire time and it will shift flawlessly; it will hit the rev limiter on some/all gear shifts. Mo mentioned that his kit would yield 400-420whp (which is at the BRINK of what the stock tranny can hold). This power level equates to around 500-525hp (crank) and still BARELY able to break into the 12's in the 1/4 mile...with that much power; that would **** me off. and it all has to do with the poor shifting antiquated tranny.

Look at the IS-F...new technology, 416hp (crank) or 340whp and can run 12.8's ALL DAY. You can add 60-70whp MORE onto the GS4XX and you won't get these results. It makes me sad because I love my car and the dream of a serious HP GS400 is gone. Because I am NOT going to want to drop ANOTHER $5-6K on a custom auto tranny or manual tranny after spending $8K or so on a supercharger. Not worth it in my humble opinion.

On that note, I am saving up for something new(er) and fast out of the box. The IS-F may be a choice for me (a little small though).

GL, but I would research before you go full-out on an SC kit on your GS4. NO DOUBT an SC will make the car A LOT faster but it will be on par (performance wise) with cars making a lot less power; unless you do something about that damn tranny!

Last edited by Rock-a-Lex; 05-17-10 at 09:47 AM.
Old 05-17-10, 11:26 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

jet makes a charger for the gs 430 and i think the gs300 i would assume they make one for the gs400. btw none are on their website....have to call them

reference

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums...howtopic=46298

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...ercharger.html

this guy has a gs300 jet SC

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums...showuser=35275

Last edited by sakataj; 05-17-10 at 11:30 AM.
Old 05-17-10, 11:56 AM
3UZFTE
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no i plan on putting in a lsx chevy motor with a tremec six speed like cleans-14 but not a full drift car more vip. just need to sell the supercharger kit first to get the money for the swap..
In for this...
Old 05-18-10, 05:43 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

save your money...go with a LS swap
Old 05-21-10, 11:00 PM
slowdiver
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
Well, to add to this topic (may be slightly off topic though). I did more research on this and spoke to a couple of previous and current supercharged GS4 owners. They all said that regardless of what gearing you have in the rear the rpm's come up so quick that the tranny doesn't shift in time by redline...where it hits the rev limiter for a split-second before shifting. So, many let off the gas for a split-second at (or around) redline so the tranny could shift to the next gear and then they WOT again. IMHO this SUCKS and it is the VERY reason why I decided I am not and I am NEVER going to get a supercharger for my GS4. You lose time substantially, i.e. 0-60, 1/4 mile etc etc. Think about it...you NEVER hear of GS4XX SC'd guys laying down 12.5-12.9's in the 1/4 mile. If they would, there would be videos and such all over the place.

The technology of the 2nd Gen GS tranny SUCKS BIGTIME! So by throwing more power at it you may not be happy. I contacted Mo for SRT and was VERY close to dropping my car off at Maryland for 4 weeks for them to do a one-off kit but even with a VB upgrade in the tranny you can't just mash the gas the entire time and it will shift flawlessly; it will hit the rev limiter on some/all gear shifts. Mo mentioned that his kit would yield 400-420whp (which is at the BRINK of what the stock tranny can hold). This power level equates to around 500-525hp (crank) and still BARELY able to break into the 12's in the 1/4 mile...with that much power; that would **** me off. and it all has to do with the poor shifting antiquated tranny.

Look at the IS-F...new technology, 416hp (crank) or 340whp and can run 12.8's ALL DAY. You can add 60-70whp MORE onto the GS4XX and you won't get these results. It makes me sad because I love my car and the dream of a serious HP GS400 is gone. Because I am NOT going to want to drop ANOTHER $5-6K on a custom auto tranny or manual tranny after spending $8K or so on a supercharger. Not worth it in my humble opinion.

On that note, I am saving up for something new(er) and fast out of the box. The IS-F may be a choice for me (a little small though).

GL, but I would research before you go full-out on an SC kit on your GS4. NO DOUBT an SC will make the car A LOT faster but it will be on par (performance wise) with cars making a lot less power; unless you do something about that damn tranny!
Can't e-shift be used to avoid the rev limiter issue with a SC kit?

What's your opinion on a custom nitrous set-up versus SC? Same issues with the tranny? Isn't nitrous the most affordable way to go?

Quick Reply: Where can i find a supercharger?