Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

New Borla Exhaust. and which intake?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-10, 10:29 PM
KPinCS15
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Borla Exhaust. and which intake?

I had a true dual exhaust installed today. Headers, to the borla mufflers, and the tips. they took the cats and resonator off so that probably helped a little. As far as power gains, theres no way to tell unless i put it on a dyno. which im not doing yet. Car sounds great at low to mid range rpm. it has sort of a MUUHHHH sound. little throaty too. at higher rpm it gets a clapy sound in there sort of like a typical ricer. other than that i like it a lot. Ill post a video on youtube tomorrow and put the link in here so everyone can listen.

what intake should i look into? im trying to get one tomorrow.
Old 06-11-10, 10:37 PM
mdgrwl
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KPinCS15
I had a true dual exhaust installed today. Headers, to the borla mufflers, and the tips. they took the cats and resonator off so that probably helped a little. As far as power gains, theres no way to tell unless i put it on a dyno. which im not doing yet. Car sounds great at low to mid range rpm. it has sort of a MUUHHHH sound. little throaty too. at higher rpm it gets a clapy sound in there sort of like a typical ricer. other than that i like it a lot. Ill post a video on youtube tomorrow and put the link in here so everyone can listen.

what intake should i look into? im trying to get one tomorrow.
wait a minute...

you put on a true dual exhaust and headers and you didn't feel "ridiculous power gains!" ??? your car didn't turn into a "total best" that was "scary quick" ???

lol... sorry, just a sorta long standing CL joke where your proving the ovbious true.

Glad to hear you didn't make some fan-boy comment like "I did this and that, now my car has the ability to take off from a jet runway and take flight!"

+1 for keeping it real. not most kats here do.
Old 06-11-10, 10:59 PM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how do you like the exhaust? and i like my K&N intake. you can usually pick them up for cheap used. or roughly 260 on ebay(where i got mine) nice throaty tone!
Old 06-12-10, 02:07 AM
KPinCS15
Driver

LMFAO @ mdgrwl. lol i knew i wasnt going to be able to SEE the actually power gain. and i didnt change out headers... yet. i just got rid of the cats and resonater. cant remember exactly the type of borla muffler i had put on but ill post that up tomorrow along with the video.

MV350
I really like it. it does sound a little like a ricer at the 4.5 rpm and up though. but thats ok. its got a lot of bass at the lower range, bit of a higher pitch at mid, and then the clappy sound really kicks in at 5.6 and up. I definetly reccomend it. K&N just seems so main stream though. maybe im just naive... ill check things out tomorrow at the shop though.
Old 06-12-10, 07:16 AM
9relude8
Pole Position

the F-sport intake is on sale now through sewell lexus! check our vendors section!!!
Old 06-12-10, 06:02 PM
KPinCS15
Driver

dude, i went to my lexus dealership, and they wanted $577 JUST for the f-sport intake assembly... F that in the F hole. i can get a K&N intake for less than half that, and probably just as good.
Old 06-12-10, 06:13 PM
phil9892
Driver

you can always get the joez, and drill holes in your stock assembly, technically you'll have a F-sport intake right there, cheaper too lol.
Old 06-12-10, 06:24 PM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice... i say just go with the Fsport or Joe Z intake.. i tried alot of kind of intake like Fujita, injen etc, and im rolling with the Fsport which sounds perfect with my Quads
Old 06-12-10, 07:18 PM
AS~IS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by KPinCS15
dude, i went to my lexus dealership, and they wanted $577 JUST for the f-sport intake assembly... F that in the F hole. i can get a K&N intake for less than half that, and probably just as good.
They have the F-Sport on sale for CL members over at Sewell.
However, the Joe Z will still be cheaper, and you'll be supporting a fellow 2IS owner and CL member!
Old 06-12-10, 10:54 PM
KPinCS15
Driver

Originally Posted by Phil888
nice... i say just go with the Fsport or Joe Z intake.. i tried alot of kind of intake like Fujita, injen etc, and im rolling with the Fsport which sounds perfect with my Quads
so whats so bad with those intakes? Im not sure what Joe Z is, but ill look into it. Really, i just want something that works better, sounds better, and looks better. Jesus, never thought getting a new air intake would be such a biatch...
Old 06-12-10, 11:17 PM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the joe z is prety much like the fsport intake tube. it runs cooler. and its only like 120 bucks of so. sewell does have a deal right now for the fsport for like 266 right now. as for k&n being mainstream, yes it is. but not used alot for our cars.

edit found the fsport link
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...urce-cold.html

Last edited by Mv350; 06-12-10 at 11:21 PM.
Old 06-13-10, 11:04 AM
KPinCS15
Driver

Originally Posted by Mv350
the joe z is prety much like the fsport intake tube. it runs cooler. and its only like 120 bucks of so. sewell does have a deal right now for the fsport for like 266 right now. as for k&n being mainstream, yes it is. but not used alot for our cars.

edit found the fsport link
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...urce-cold.html
I see... Yeah, i just went ahead and bought the fsport off of sewell. it was only $325 with shipping. besides, it looks like i can put a different filter on it if i want to. thanks for the link! helped out a bunch!
Old 06-13-10, 02:00 PM
SeOuLiS250
Lexus Champion

I went from Injen to F-sports....and back to Injen...
Old 06-22-10, 04:49 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Correction....

Originally Posted by Mv350
The fsport intake tube is prety much like the Joe Z. It runs cooler and its only like 120 bucks of so. sewell does have a deal right now for the fsport for like 266 right now. as for k&n being mainstream, yes it is. but not used alot for our cars.
Old 06-29-10, 03:53 PM
SYM
Driver School Candidate

get the tom's air filter too will make a huge difference for our IS

Quick Reply: New Borla Exhaust. and which intake?