Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

PPE Headers + exhaust on IS350

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-11, 04:04 PM
MiiK350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blitz_714
Any shop in socal that install the ppe header ? anyone knows ? not only install but welding the o2 sensor extension thanks....
For the header install, I think the only person I would trust is Tommy @ MusicBox. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...-el-monte.html

For the welding the O2 sensor extensions I know a shop that has worked on at least 20 CL members cars at unbeatable prices. Hit me up when you wanna make an appt.
Old 03-18-11, 04:07 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

i already talk to tommy , he cant do any welding, pm for the welding and they have the extension ? thanks....
Old 03-18-11, 04:13 PM
MiiK350
Lexus Test Driver

Have Tommy install the headers, order the extensions from PPE, and my exhaust shop can do the welding for cheap. My exhaust shop doesn't do header installs. Basically tommy install headers, and the muffler shop will do the extension weld.
Old 03-18-11, 04:17 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

yeah sure , that wat i'm going to do, i alraedy talk to tommy , now just need to know where to weld the extension... u already did welding for IS rite ? any vsc or cel light come on ? thanks...
Old 04-18-11, 11:45 PM
MoeIS350
Driver

Did u also buy the high flow cats? Did you have an o2 sensor issues? CEL?
Old 05-03-20, 05:40 PM
AbabnehA
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YouTube video

Originally Posted by andrewshu3
Hi everyone,
So I just finished installing the PPE headers and true dual exhaust on my IS350.
Installation of the headers was pretty straightforward. It just took a long time.

Some tips to those who want to tackle it on your own:
-get a 1/4 inch ratcheting socket wrench and a deep 12mm socket to get the header bolts off (I got mine from sears)
-on the passenger side, you absolutely need to remove the lower three studs with a 6mm socket in order to fit the header on.
-get new header gaskets
-have a few spare header bolts
-you don't need a lift to install the headers, but having someone else help you will save you lots of time
-try to remove as many header bolts from above, before you jack the car up: I was able to remove 5 on the passenger side and 3 on the driver side.
- take photos of the steering column before you remove it so you can put it back in place correctly

In total it took me about 9 hours to install the headers on my own with a jack and two jack stands. The whole time I was hoping that there wouldn't be an earthquake. (california..)

For the exhaust, I chose to spray the mufflers and resonator with flat black caliper paint, mainly because I don't like the look of shiny mufflers from behind, but also to better hide the welding marks.
The installation of the exhaust was a bit more troublesome. If I had to do it again, I'd just take it to someone with a lift to help me out. Its near impossible to get it to fit correctly without using a lift and having a helper.
On my own with jack stands, it took me 7 hours of fiddling with the system before I gave up and just drove with the exhaust hanging really low over to Tommy's place in El Monte. He helped me fix it up in less than half an hour

The results, however, were simply amazing.

I didn't choose to spend 200 bucks just to find out how much more HP I'm putting down at the wheels. I'll save that money for other mods.
All I know is that I like the way it sounds: like a big cat purring. I do, however, feel a slight increase in power.

I was really afraid that I'd end up with fart cans shattering eardrums on the street, but the sound level is very reasonable. At idle, it's not much louder than stock, but once you open up the throttle, you get a really nice, smooth purr. I'll upload a video later on, but in the meantime, here are some photos:

I also took the time to install the lightweight lithium iron phosphate battery from Voltphreaks that I've been reviewing, but I'll have a full review later on. For now, here's a photo:

Ive added a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqBdQWKAw0Q
The video that u share is private now, can you make it public 😎😎😎
Old 06-19-21, 09:53 AM
kelby2fye
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by andrewshu3
Hi everyone,
So I just finished installing the PPE headers and true dual exhaust on my IS350.
Installation of the headers was pretty straightforward. It just took a long time.

Some tips to those who want to tackle it on your own:
-get a 1/4 inch ratcheting socket wrench and a deep 12mm socket to get the header bolts off (I got mine from sears)
-on the passenger side, you absolutely need to remove the lower three studs with a 6mm socket in order to fit the header on.
-get new header gaskets
-have a few spare header bolts
-you don't need a lift to install the headers, but having someone else help you will save you lots of time
-try to remove as many header bolts from above, before you jack the car up: I was able to remove 5 on the passenger side and 3 on the driver side.
- take photos of the steering column before you remove it so you can put it back in place correctly

In total it took me about 9 hours to install the headers on my own with a jack and two jack stands. The whole time I was hoping that there wouldn't be an earthquake. (california..)

For the exhaust, I chose to spray the mufflers and resonator with flat black caliper paint, mainly because I don't like the look of shiny mufflers from behind, but also to better hide the welding marks.
The installation of the exhaust was a bit more troublesome. If I had to do it again, I'd just take it to someone with a lift to help me out. Its near impossible to get it to fit correctly without using a lift and having a helper.
On my own with jack stands, it took me 7 hours of fiddling with the system before I gave up and just drove with the exhaust hanging really low over to Tommy's place in El Monte. He helped me fix it up in less than half an hour

The results, however, were simply amazing.

I didn't choose to spend 200 bucks just to find out how much more HP I'm putting down at the wheels. I'll save that money for other mods.
All I know is that I like the way it sounds: like a big cat purring. I do, however, feel a slight increase in power.

I was really afraid that I'd end up with fart cans shattering eardrums on the street, but the sound level is very reasonable. At idle, it's not much louder than stock, but once you open up the throttle, you get a really nice, smooth purr. I'll upload a video later on, but in the meantime, here are some photos:

I also took the time to install the lightweight lithium iron phosphate battery from Voltphreaks that I've been reviewing, but I'll have a full review later on. For now, here's a photo:

Ive added a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqBdQWKAw0Q
Hey the video is private, any way i can see it?
Old 06-27-21, 10:58 AM
HavokHam
Driver School Candidate

Dyno sheets? Video is private
Old 06-27-21, 12:40 PM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 534 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by kelby2fye
Hey the video is private, any way i can see it?
Originally Posted by HavokHam
Dyno sheets? Video is private
The OP hasn't posted on the forums in several years. Though not identical, I also have a PPE Header and exhaust setup on my IS350 which also includes a dyno video and graph. For reference, my configuration includes the RR Racing ECU tune, PPE headers, Megan Racing Midpipes, F-Sport Exhaust, and a Joe Z/F-Sport intake system. More info can be found on my build thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...ld-thread.html

The following 2 users liked this post by redspencer:
bakalag (07-19-21), GrizzlyMan (11-30-21)