Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Video Clip: IS350 w/F-Sport Exhaust/Intake & Invidia Midpipe

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-10, 03:19 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by chums
nice sound, good vid to give us an idea of what it sounds like. just wondering, did it get raspier when you added the mid-pipe? sounds like the tone got higher but im guessing its much different in-person. thanks for posting this btw
Yes, there's a little bit of raspiness under heavy engine load and at higher RPMs. If you do a rapid decel, there's also an occasional pop. All of this is music to my ears, but some will not like it. It also has a deep growl cruising along under low to moderate engine load, but when you punch it, BAM.

Originally Posted by Boosty.vip
Now that's how a Lexus should sound like. The throaty sound is very similar to an infiniti. Post more videos!
I'd say the Infiniti G is higher pitched, with the reverberations (for lack of a better word) more closely spaced together. The way my car sounds now, it's deeper, with more spaced out reverberations, and definitely a lot louder.

I updated my first post with two more videos I took about an hour ago driving back to the office on (and under) a bridge and in a parking garage, so the sound is amplified in both settings.
Old 06-28-10, 05:57 PM
Boosty.vip
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brociouz

I'd say the Infiniti G is higher pitched, with the reverberations (for lack of a better word) more closely spaced together. The way my car sounds now, it's deeper, with more spaced out reverberations, and definitely a lot louder.

Yes that is very true, a buddy of mine has a 07' G35 S straight pipes, sounds quite similar but higher pitched. But your car is also music to my ears
Old 06-28-10, 06:08 PM
funnie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow. thanks for the hard work brian!

I am still 50/50 about getting the invidia midpipe. The videos did give me an idea of how it would sounds like.

I am sure this is something that is not for everyone. Just have to hear it in person to to really make a decision. Thanks again man!
Old 06-28-10, 06:22 PM
quang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

wow... the bridge vid makes me feel like I can hear at the end of the bridge when you just enter the beginning of the bridge
Old 06-28-10, 07:11 PM
furryjet
Pole Position

Thanks for the videos! I might have to reconsider about adding midpipes to my f-sport haha. Sounds good and different, but not sure if I can handle it because it's my daily..

btw, can you do a cold start video when you have the chance? thanks

Last edited by furryjet; 06-28-10 at 07:18 PM.
Old 06-28-10, 10:18 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Fourth video added to the first post highlighting the freeway drone.

Originally Posted by funnie
wow. thanks for the hard work brian!

I am still 50/50 about getting the invidia midpipe. The videos did give me an idea of how it would sounds like.

I am sure this is something that is not for everyone. Just have to hear it in person to to really make a decision. Thanks again man!
Yeah, these videos come close to representing the tone of my exhaust setup, but you have to be there in person to get a good idea of the loudness.

Originally Posted by quang
wow... the bridge vid makes me feel like I can hear at the end of the bridge when you just enter the beginning of the bridge
That was my goal.

Originally Posted by furryjet
Thanks for the videos! I might have to reconsider about adding midpipes to my f-sport haha. Sounds good and different, but not sure if I can handle it because it's my daily..

btw, can you do a cold start video when you have the chance? thanks
I'll try to do a cold start video, but it will probably be a few days since I don't plan on driving my car for a while. I can tell you it's very loud on a cold start, even at idle.
Old 06-28-10, 10:53 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Fifth video added - more drivebys.
Old 06-29-10, 08:03 PM
kbh
Pole Position

wow didn't know that this setup will be loud...

was expecting my invidia and greddy to sound louder... but your setup is much much more louder. great sound thou
Old 06-29-10, 08:03 PM
funnie
Lexus Test Driver

hey brian. what does it sound like when your just driving regularly at the normal speed? each one of your videos shows you flooring the car at certain points (which is great), but just interested in how it sounds like when driving at just a regular speeds of 35-45 mph? maybe nothing at all?
Old 07-01-10, 11:20 AM
Dexterr
Lead Lap

Music to my ears!

IMO - so far, the best sound I ever heard on a Lexus ISX50. And Invidia and F sport are perfect match.
Old 07-01-10, 12:10 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kbh
wow didn't know that this setup will be loud...

was expecting my invidia and greddy to sound louder... but your setup is much much more louder. great sound thou
Thanks. I think only the HKS Hi-Power Exhaust (the gigantic cannons) is louder than the F-Sport. I like the aesthetics of the F-Sport tips better though.

Originally Posted by funnie
hey brian. what does it sound like when your just driving regularly at the normal speed? each one of your videos shows you flooring the car at certain points (which is great), but just interested in how it sounds like when driving at just a regular speeds of 35-45 mph? maybe nothing at all?
At 35-45 it's almost identical to the F-Sport Exhaust + Intake alone. If you really listen carefully with the windows, you can hear that there's a slightly deeper tone.

Originally Posted by Dexterr
Music to my ears!

IMO - so far, the best sound I ever heard on a Lexus ISX50. And Invidia and F sport are perfect match.
I'm hoping I can find some guys in the Bay Area with different exhaust setups then take one continuous video comparing all the sounds (that way the recording device isn't a variable). I'm particularly interested in the F-Sport twins with a Megan midpipe. That setup might be easier for people to stomach since Megan keeps the secondary cats.
Old 07-01-10, 03:47 PM
Gaugster
Advanced

A+ for the complete report. Your setup sounds similar to mine but it so hard to really judge with camera mics.

Nice work. How many miles are on the exhaust in the videos? It may change some with a couple hundred miles or so.

Last edited by Gaugster; 07-01-10 at 03:50 PM.
Old 07-01-10, 04:38 PM
brociouz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Gaugster
A+ for the complete report. Your setup sounds similar to mine but it so hard to really judge with camera mics.

Nice work. How many miles are on the exhaust in the videos? It may change some with a couple hundred miles or so.
I've had my F-Sport exhaust on for at least 1,000 miles, so it should be pretty well broken in. I don't think the sound will change much from here on out, but who knows. If I get bored I'll cut the resonators out.
Old 07-01-10, 04:46 PM
HeartmyIS
Lexus Champion

Wow Brian, so many videos =P Sounds really good!!!
Old 07-07-10, 03:01 AM
yt35
Rookie

damn, sick setup

Quick Reply: Video Clip: IS350 w/F-Sport Exhaust/Intake & Invidia Midpipe