Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Invidia Mid-pipes - Love it or Hate it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-10, 12:58 PM
Dexterr
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Invidia Mid-pipes - Love it or Hate it?

I've seen couple of post in regards to what mid-pipes shall I get?

I was on the same boat when I was looking for midpipes...hmmm which one shall I get? So I thought I'd make the decision somewhat easier for future buyers by posting this.

I'm not going to tell you how it sounds (most of you have heard Brociouz and Josh's sick sound clips already), rather, I'm going to let the members (w/Invidia midpipes) tell you what the "general public" said when they heard the Invidia midpipes coming their way.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did the general public love it or hate it?

I'll start...

I have Invidia mid-pipes with F Sport exhaust and intake.

So far, the general public LOVED IT!!!

- A guy driving a late model Porsche Turbo chase me down - just to tell me, "your car sounds awesome!"

- I was cruising through Burlingame Ave (kinda like Rodeo Drive - only the stuff they sell, most of us can actually afford) lol. So I parked my car. A waiter (setting table in patio) said, "that is the meanest sound I have ever heard from a Lexus."

- My neighbor (in her early 80s), YES 80 yrs. of age tell me. "I know when you're coming and leaving - I guess thats good thing if I need your help. But can you keep the noise just a bit lower?" I was LOL And mind you, I don't even step on the gas hard when I'm coming around my block - I'm too embarassed. And the cold start is something else.

So that's my public review with the Invidia mid-pipes so far. In short, it's an attention wh#re! Which is another topic to discuss about the Invidias.
Old 07-27-10, 01:01 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 123 Likes on 48 Posts

^

siick. I try not to gun it my area. But when i do, people just look like im an exotic car or something . Now try this. Kick it in to sports mode and hold second gear. Accelerate and let go of the gas. Tell me what you think of that :P.

Glad to hear someone else loves the setup.

Snow modes your best friend around cops and when you want to be not heard as much
Old 07-27-10, 01:12 PM
Dexterr
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JoshIS408
^

siick. I try not to gun it my area. But when i do, people just look like im an exotic car or something . Now try this. Kick it in to sports mode and hold second gear. Accelerate and let go of the gas. Tell me what you think of that :P.

Glad to hear someone else loves the setup.

Snow modes your best friend around cops and when you want to be not heard as much
Thanks Josh! Your sound clips as well as Brociouz is reason I went with the Invidias. I'm very happy with my setup now.

I seriously worry about the cops. I didn't know snow mode will lower the sound. I'll defintely turn on snow mode when I see cop car.
Old 07-27-10, 01:16 PM
Kybball#1
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im also very happy with my Invidia/Tanabe setup. Everyone that rides with me loves the sound. Wait till i get those PPE headers, or that IS-F
Old 07-27-10, 01:44 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

^ you guys try sport mode seriosly! :P. Just holding secound gear is beastly!

and yumm ISF...hmmm sounds like a good upgrade . might follow in your footsteps. 2011
Old 07-27-10, 03:38 PM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dude...I love my sound! Decelerating in a low gear is just menacing to anyone behind your quarter panels. It lets em know you've got the power to rip through the gears if necessary.

I've had 3 different regular (not Clublexus folks) IS owners compliment me on the exhaust and look. Im very pleased with it.....but also wouldnt mind rocking the megans.
Old 07-27-10, 03:43 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Someone do a video like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO7mILM0Glg

I know JoshIS408 has a somewhat similar video, but the camera is positioned right from the point of take off.

Let's hear how this set up sounds with camera positioning similar to the one seen in the aforementioned video. From the perspective of the camera (or a passer-by at that position), the sound will be different due to the Doppler effect, obviously.
Old 07-27-10, 11:17 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

^ Consider it done. will shoot it tmrw
Old 07-28-10, 01:35 PM
Dexterr
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JoshIS408
^ you guys try sport mode seriosly! :P. Just holding secound gear is beastly!
I tried your suggestion Josh...holding 2nd gear. DAMNNN!!! Talk about pure race car sound.

I especially like the sound when I started to decelarate. I mentioned I will not talk about the sound here but it's tough to avoid. The sound when you decelarate are like massive Mukuni carborators pumping under the hood.

While I was experimenting with the gears and throttle control. Try this - if you haven't yet. Accelerate on 2nd gear, switch gear to 3rd (let go of gas) then rev engine right away, then let go of gas. Sounds insane!
Old 07-28-10, 01:47 PM
MiiK350
Racer

I miss my car
Old 07-28-10, 02:00 PM
Dexterr
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MiiK350
I miss my car
Sounds like you had Invidia mid-pipes as well.

What happend to your car?
Old 07-28-10, 03:06 PM
MiiK350
Racer

Originally Posted by Dexterr
Sounds like you had Invidia mid-pipes as well.

What happend to your car?
She's in the shop for a little make over
Old 07-28-10, 05:12 PM
ONEdirty23
Pole Position

Love mine. Waiting for my PPE Headers and ill love them more
Old 07-30-10, 07:36 AM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd like to get the ppe headers too but really dont want any more drone or loudness. Anyone have the invidia and ppe setup already?
Old 07-30-10, 12:37 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts

will these mid pipe and PPE headers make a notice sound i kinda wanna keep it stock sound and not running an after market exhaust cause in my area it illegal and a $50 ticket plus a surcharge for an illegal modication on my insurance. Trust me i got one when i had my civic back in them days. saw it on my insurance record and was like dame that sucks

Quick Reply: Invidia Mid-pipes - Love it or Hate it?