Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

OMG Replace your fuel filters at 100K!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-10, 03:30 PM
vmirjamali
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks,

Is there any other maintenance I can do in the same area that will help or would this be it? Thanks
Old 08-13-10, 11:08 PM
lo_dit
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very good info! look forward to doing this hopefully soon
Old 08-13-10, 11:30 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default ClubLexus discount from Sewell Lexus

Guys, don't forget to add in the promo code on the Sewell Lexus page. I only paid $28 for the fuel filter with the ClubLexus discount. I forget where I found the promo code...I think it was in the stickies in the vendor forum. Just search for it, or somebody post it.
Old 08-14-10, 06:08 AM
Mike813
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by engin_ear
Guys, don't forget to add in the promo code on the Sewell Lexus page. I only paid $28 for the fuel filter with the ClubLexus discount. I forget where I found the promo code...I think it was in the stickies in the vendor forum. Just search for it, or somebody post it.
im not sure if the promo codes work anymore. when you go on the sewell site, theres a section when you sign up that ask are you a member of a forum. just type your CL id in and it automatically applies the discounts at checkout. no need for codes!
Old 08-14-10, 06:53 AM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Mike813
im not sure if the promo codes work anymore. when you go on the sewell site, theres a section when you sign up that ask are you a member of a forum. just type your CL id in and it automatically applies the discounts at checkout. no need for codes!
There you go, thanks...now I remember, that's what I did as well, I had it confused with other sites.
Old 08-14-10, 08:07 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Sewell has great pricing! If I didn't have to pay for shipping, I would have gone that route! A lot of stuff seems to be cheaper than when we had to apply the coupon code separately.
Old 08-14-10, 08:10 AM
Mike813
Lexus Test Driver

just got my parts from fedex and finished as following the DIY from sakataj post #55 it was really straight forward and easy to accomplish even with the steps that he missed out it is still very easy. if you can do your own oil change this is def. something you can do as well.

only thing i would say that gave me a little trouble was trying to remove that 3 point crush washer? without damaging it when removing the sock filter since sewell does not include it with the purchase.
Old 08-14-10, 08:27 AM
palapinga
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where is the fliter at?
Old 08-14-10, 08:47 AM
Mike813
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by palapinga
where is the fliter at?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-filter-3.html
Old 08-16-10, 01:49 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
Sewell has great pricing! If I didn't have to pay for shipping, I would have gone that route! A lot of stuff seems to be cheaper than when we had to apply the coupon code separately.

Originally Posted by Mike813
just got my parts from fedex and finished as following the DIY from sakataj post #55 it was really straight forward and easy to accomplish even with the steps that he missed out it is still very easy. if you can do your own oil change this is def. something you can do as well.

only thing i would say that gave me a little trouble was trying to remove that 3 point crush washer? without damaging it when removing the sock filter since sewell does not include it with the purchase.

yeah i meant to include those steps but with the gas i spilled i was in a hurry after that. watch your mileage the next 5 trips....especially if you go outta town and travel all highways. you should be very happy with your knew mileage....

you can order that crush washer but it just pops off essentially. not sure why it gave you problems
Old 08-16-10, 07:45 PM
Mike813
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sakataj

yeah i meant to include those steps but with the gas i spilled i was in a hurry after that. watch your mileage the next 5 trips....especially if you go outta town and travel all highways. you should be very happy with your knew mileage....

you can order that crush washer but it just pops off essentially. not sure why it gave you problems
yea for some reason that little washer was like jammed in there, after i removed the washer you can actually see scratch marks like it peeled off a layer of metal from the part it sits on.
Old 08-16-10, 07:56 PM
SorrGwa
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

depends on the year of the GS.

in my 99GS300, the filter was relatively easy to get at. i followed the instructions in the DIY, and was relatively a breeze. the top 1/2 and bottom 1/2 of the filter assembly was held together with clips.

in my 01GS430, the filter now sat in a sealed plastic assembly. the pump was easily removable, but the whole assembly now was glued together, and so thus, was impossible to get at JUST the black semi arc filter. when i went thru sewell's pictures, sure enough, it didnt list the filter itself anymore. i went ahead and orderd the same filter from the 99, and when it came time to attempt to change the filter, thats when i fould out of the assembly change thru the years.
Old 08-17-10, 09:31 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by SorrGwa
in my 01GS430, the filter now sat in a sealed plastic assembly. the pump was easily removable, but the whole assembly now was glued together, and so thus, was impossible to get at JUST the black semi arc filter. when i went thru sewell's pictures, sure enough, it didnt list the filter itself anymore. i went ahead and orderd the same filter from the 99, and when it came time to attempt to change the filter, thats when i fould out of the assembly change thru the years.
which filter? the fuel filter? i gave the part # on the other thread for the 2001+ gs430.
Old 08-17-10, 08:52 PM
D-Boi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i dont mean to be a **** cheney but is there a DIY for the 300 or just the v8 GS
Old 08-17-10, 09:55 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Procedure is the same thing for the GS300.

Quick Reply: OMG Replace your fuel filters at 100K!!!