Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

PPE Header , CEL and VSC - 2007 IS 350

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-11, 11:05 AM
two2tone
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kybball#1
They have simulators now that fix the problem, buy the headers .....
are you talkin about these?

http://www.ppeengineering-onlinestor...&categoryId=19
Old 06-03-11, 04:13 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

two2tone that the High flow cat. Simulators is a little box thing with wires.
Old 06-05-11, 07:51 AM
two2tone
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by laobo979
two2tone that the High flow cat. Simulators is a little box thing with wires.
Im reading everywhere about the simulators from PPE but is no where for purchase? ....
Old 06-05-11, 07:55 AM
laobo979
Lead Lap

You have to buy the header and it will be included in the price. Go look in the "what I got today" thread for member blitz and he has the picture with the simulator posted up.
Old 06-06-11, 04:22 PM
DaveC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gaugster
99% sure it is related to the headers. Same faults if it is PPE, Mazzuri etc.... Also the fix would be similar too. Originally I had the electronic solution but that failed over time. Converted to the mechanical solution and fixed the problem. However some experimentation will be needed...
Local shop looked at the headers and couldnt find a brand. Was told the car had four CATs originally but two were removed when the headers were added. Quoted 220$ to add the "J" extensions wire harness for the O2 sensors. I'll add the CATs back on if I have to....want those dam lights off.
Old 06-06-11, 04:28 PM
DaveC
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jadeboy
Since the header was installed.. you probably have no CAT.. You can fix this problem.. get a CAT installed and replace the 2 O2 Senors. The O2 Extension only fix my CEL problem for 1 month.. I had to get a CAT to solve it.. well at at least 2 months now..
Yea 2 of the 4 CATs were removed. Did you get after market CATs? I dont have the original ones. I was quoted 220 to add the 'J' extensions (include wiring harness extension), but dont need to spend the money if it wont solve the problem. The lights dont bother me but its the girlfriends car and I can't stand all the whining
Old 06-06-11, 07:36 PM
jadeboy
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveC
Yea 2 of the 4 CATs were removed. Did you get after market CATs? I dont have the original ones. I was quoted 220 to add the 'J' extensions (include wiring harness extension), but dont need to spend the money if it wont solve the problem. The lights dont bother me but its the girlfriends car and I can't stand all the whining
PPE Lexus IS High-flow cats

http://www.ppeengineering-onlinestor...&categoryId=19

Unfortunately you need to cut your mid pipe and do some welding... another option is to get the O2 simulators from PPE.. but I don't think sell it separate from the header.. but you can always ask Paul from PPE.. the worst he can said is no.
Old 06-17-11, 12:25 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts
Default couple pics of 02 sensor extension

header

the new header doesnt needs to drill or weld, just straight up install....no bungs either...
Old 06-20-11, 10:27 AM
two2tone
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by blitz_714

the new header doesnt needs to drill or weld, just straight up install....no bungs either...
So thats the simulators inside that box?
Old 06-20-11, 10:37 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

no the o2 sensor simulator connect to the Ecu box, on the driver side, left side of your engine , its a rectangle box wire from bottom up.....

Last edited by ISF4life; 06-20-11 at 12:42 PM.
Old 06-21-11, 08:49 AM
two2tone
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by blitz_714
no the o2 sensor simulator connect to the Ecu box, on the driver side, left side of your engine , its a rectangle box wire from bottom up.....
Thanks man! This surely helps!
Old 03-01-12, 09:07 PM
marine1342
Rookie

So what was the final solution to getting the CEL/VSC turned off, back to normal?
Just finished installing the ppe headers, B1S1 and B2S1 are in the holes in the new headers. So far, CEL/VSC turned on. And I have the O2 Simulators wired in.
Hooked up the OBD diag and it gave me P0137 and P0157. Bank 1 Sensor 2 and Bank 2 Sensor 2 are both reading "O2 sensor circuit low volts"
Double checked all my wiring and its all correct (based off what Paul from PPE sent me) and all the plugs are properly connected.
I had to disconnect the battery to work on something and the CEL/VSC went away, but then came back after about 25 minutes of driving.
Reset the system using the OBD diag tool, so hopefully it will stay gone, but is this consistent with the PPE headers being installed?
So far everyone seems to have had problems with primary and secondary banks. Which makes me think that maybe the secondary sensors are fouled up (clean or replace?), or the wiring is bad.
Old 03-02-12, 05:59 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

I had issues with bank2 sensor2 but I ran threw a deep puddle. Replaced both secondary sensor and cel was gone. I'm not running simulator cause I have high flow cats.
Old 03-02-12, 08:33 PM
panther28
Driver

I was getting p4421(bank 2 sensor 1) and even took it to the dealer but they could not do anything. I tried to resolve it my self by just changing the sensor and no light for 1 week.

Originally Posted by marine1342
So what was the final solution to getting the CEL/VSC turned off, back to normal?
Just finished installing the ppe headers, B1S1 and B2S1 are in the holes in the new headers. So far, CEL/VSC turned on. And I have the O2 Simulators wired in.
Hooked up the OBD diag and it gave me P0137 and P0157. Bank 1 Sensor 2 and Bank 2 Sensor 2 are both reading "O2 sensor circuit low volts"
Double checked all my wiring and its all correct (based off what Paul from PPE sent me) and all the plugs are properly connected.
I had to disconnect the battery to work on something and the CEL/VSC went away, but then came back after about 25 minutes of driving.
Reset the system using the OBD diag tool, so hopefully it will stay gone, but is this consistent with the PPE headers being installed?
So far everyone seems to have had problems with primary and secondary banks. Which makes me think that maybe the secondary sensors are fouled up (clean or replace?), or the wiring is bad.

Looks like a O2 simulator wiring issue to me also I am guessing the SIM was provided by PPE. Are you still using the secondary extensions? I was also getting those codes and found out an issue with the wiring.

Last edited by panther28; 03-02-12 at 08:37 PM.
Old 03-02-12, 10:54 PM
marine1342
Rookie

I did get the o2 simulator from PPE, and followed the instructions provided. It came with three sheets, one with word instructions, the other had an image of the ECU and which pins to cut (although the image showed different pins from the word instructions), and a wiring diagram that wasn't really legible.
The set up I have is PPE headers with o2 sensors and the extensions, stock midpipe, stock secondary o2 sensors and HKS exhaust (stock from 07).
Just cleared the CEL/VSC from the other day and so far hasn't come back on. Granted I haven't driven it much in the last two days, guess I'll see tomorrow.
Besides checking for continuity on the wires, everything is hooked up properly, as per the instructions.
Did anyone else follow the word instructions and not have any problems?
Prolly should retighten the header too. Read somewhere that this might affect it?

Quick Reply: PPE Header , CEL and VSC - 2007 IS 350