Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Srt New Product Release >> Lexus Is300/gs300 Turbo Kits Now Available! ! !

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-02, 07:49 PM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by LexCiting

Mariusz - Didn't know SRT was releasing that top secret info to the public yet. Take a guess of whose GS SRT spent months doing the R&D on? I'll give you 1 guess..... hee hee hee

Lee
That's becasue I'm family. Lol. I saw your GS and must say it is very nice. It's black right? I got my camera handy so as soon as everything is done, I will be sure to post some cool vids.
Old 07-22-02, 04:55 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

VERY NICE! Finally, a VIABLE option to Toyomoto! What a great price! Congrats Mo and Associates!

I have a couple of questions...

1) Why is the intake so many pieces? Is there an advantage or was it just easier to manufacturer?

2) Will this setup work in a SC300?

3) What's up with a twin-turbo setup for the GS430? PM if you like...
Old 07-22-02, 07:00 AM
Rico's Revenge
Lead Lap

What about the first gen GS? I read what you said above, but elaborate...Please don't do the normal thing on this board and just dismiss the "original" GS. I'm looking for about 320-340 HP...

What are the major differences? Manifold? I can find that elsewhere....would the rest of the kit work? What would you rkit be sans the manifold?

Todd

Last edited by Rico's Revenge; 07-22-02 at 07:04 AM.
Old 07-22-02, 07:26 AM
Swift Racing
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by manaray
VERY NICE! Finally, a VIABLE option to Toyomoto! What a great price! Congrats Mo and Associates!

I have a couple of questions...

1) Why is the intake so many pieces? Is there an advantage or was it just easier to manufacturer?

2) Will this setup work in a SC300?

3) What's up with a twin-turbo setup for the GS430? PM if you like...
1) For ease of installationa and shipping. The intake for the turbo is one piece (actually will be two pieces for the cold induction). The intake section after the turbo to the manifold is 6 pieces, this was done for the ease of installation, we could have reduced the number of pieces, but then the parts would be bulky and installation would not be as easy.

2) Yes on the 1998 and newer.

3) Hmm, give me a call.
Old 07-22-02, 07:33 AM
LexCiting
Lead Lap

Mariusz - I guess you are right, I am just a stepchild so I had to be quiet! Moe, why do I have to be the stepchild?!?!?!?!?! lol
I didn't see your car on Sat? What happened to your tranny? PM me!

Lee
Old 07-22-02, 09:22 AM
blue wax
Lead Lap

Damn.... can't wait for you guys to elaborate a 1st Gen. turbo at this afordable cost.

hope to hear from you soon

thx

Old 07-22-02, 10:38 AM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Originally posted by LexCiting
Mariusz - I guess you are right, I am just a stepchild so I had to be quiet! Moe, why do I have to be the stepchild?!?!?!?!?! lol
Lee
Bah, pure luxury my boy! At least you are the step-child that lives near the house. I was sent away when I was young to fend on my own.
Old 07-22-02, 10:42 AM
LexCiting
Lead Lap

LOL
Old 07-22-02, 11:22 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Were the numbers from the dyno and the installation come from a car with an aftermarket exhaust? An aftermaket exhaust like the Borla or L-Tuned makes very little difference on its own. Will it help with the Turbo? Or will a Turbo setup with the stock exhaust yield respectable numbers?

Thanks. Looking forward to more details on the Stage 2 and 3.

Last edited by Neo; 07-22-02 at 11:22 AM.
Old 07-22-02, 09:33 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Turbo...... AHH Yes.... I was going to SC my Gs next summer.. Looks like I might put alittle turbo in it sooner than that....

Mo, What kind of warranty you got for this???
Old 07-23-02, 06:32 AM
H'sYellowIS300
Driver

WOW SRT if this kit is anything like your converter I am in but I have a few questions.

1) when will Stage 2 be out and what will be included
2) Can we control boost via controler or is it set by the piggy back ECU
3) you said "The intake section after the turbo to the manifold is 6 pieces, this was done for the ease of installation, we could have reduced the number of pieces, but then the parts would be bulky and installation would not be as easy" so does this mean we can get it in less pcs? if the install is only a little harder I would not mind with less chance of a leak.
4) are all the stages of the system bilt on one another IF you buy a stage 2 can you up grade to a stage 3,4,5. or is this not posible.

Well thanks for the kit and the time we can all enjoy boost at a reasonable price.
Old 07-23-02, 07:43 AM
Swift Racing
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow so many ?s and so little time.

Here goes:
Neo: The test car had and aftermarket exhaust rear section only, we used the factory mid section, however due to customers requests we might be making a complete turbo exhaust system with 3" SS pipes.

Warranty: I am not 100% decided on this yet, we are currently looking at 6 months on part and one year on electronics. However I might up that to 1 year all together. No warranty whatsoever on the customers car.

Stage 2 will be out in the next 2-3 weeks and will include a front mount intercooler and hard pipes, with a finer more aggressive tune, boost will be left at 7.5 PSI MAX.

The boost is controlled via a boost regulator, and not user adjustable, however users that retrofit a boost controller must be very careful not to increase boost beyond the recommended max value and also all warranties are void.

The intake pipes are in multiple pieces and cannot have less. Boost leak is minimal as all our pipes are bead rolled and it would almost be impossible for them to come loose.

Stages 1-3 are same built, however stage 4 and stage 5 are different with a different turbo unit, slight manifold changes, 3" downpipe, etc. For stages 1-3, yes you can upgrade in stages and it will net be much more expensive.
Old 07-23-02, 08:07 AM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

How much is it to add the intercooler to the stage one?
Old 07-23-02, 11:11 AM
H'sYellowIS300
Driver

well thats what I wanted to know but can you still use the s-afc or does this not serve a purpose any more? and can we get the cuplinks in any color or are they limited to red. how bout blue
The kit looks sound and it seems that you guys have put a lot of thought into it I can't wait to get a stage 2. what will the upgrades be to a stage 3? well thanks again
Old 07-23-02, 06:17 PM
mdaltezza
Driver School Candidate

mo... you dirty bastard... i knew you said something about turbo... but i didn't know it was coming out THAT FAST!!!!
****.... now i gotta hope for a good bonus at work...

i'll be seeing you real soon man!!! let me know when we can go for a ride... ... is and the matrix.....

Quick Reply: Srt New Product Release >> Lexus Is300/gs300 Turbo Kits Now Available! ! !