Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Srt New Product Release >> Lexus Is300/gs300 Turbo Kits Now Available! ! !

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-02, 04:34 AM
Shinchan
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome work.. SRT and MO... Looks like a boost for me next year... I had spend all I can this year on TC and LSD. Cost me an arm and leg install at the Lexus dealership.
Old 07-24-02, 07:16 AM
LexCiting
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That would be a good race between the Matrix and the IS.
Old 07-24-02, 07:20 AM
Rico's Revenge
Lead Lap

Ummmm....you know there are probably a whole lot of first gen guys out there who would consider forced induction now since their warranties are out anyway, compared to the newer ones who risk losing their warranties.

I understand that you are busy, but a reply to Blue Wax and my queries would be nice instead of ignoring the first gen which seems to be an all too common thing on this board.
Old 07-24-02, 08:04 AM
Swift Racing
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Rico's Revenge
Ummmm....you know there are probably a whole lot of first gen guys out there who would consider forced induction now since their warranties are out anyway, compared to the newer ones who risk losing their warranties.

I understand that you are busy, but a reply to Blue Wax and my queries would be nice instead of ignoring the first gen which seems to be an all too common thing on this board.
Actually I thought I had answered this question already, the kit is not meant for the first gen GS3 however we will make a kit for the first gen as soon as we have finished all the stages for the 2nd gen GS3 and the IS3. Anybody in the Washington DC area want to participate in the prototype of the kit? should please call me.
Old 07-24-02, 08:20 AM
Rico's Revenge
Lead Lap

I saw that it wasn't for the 1st gen...what about the other questions? Would the kit work with a different manifold? FMAX already produces a kit for the 1st gen and they have the manifold already produced.

I've been looking at piecing together a kit with different product to build it the way I want it. However, based on the reputation of SRT on this board, I would consider purchasing an FMAX manifold (I can get it for around $800) and using the rest of the kit from SRT to complete the system.

Can you PM me a parts list please? And BTW, there could be a possibility that my car could be made available, DC is only a race trailer away!!
Old 07-27-02, 10:34 AM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Rico's Revenge
However, based on the reputation of SRT on this board, I would consider purchasing an FMAX manifold (I can get it for around $800) and using the rest of the kit from SRT to complete the system.
LOL Rico, you're a hater

Just get the kit. It is a great price. I imagine since the GS430 might not be made anymore that this kit will sell real well since people want more power with the GS3x0.

Just buy the kit the way it was designed though. I am sure they made it rock solid. You might save a few bucks with another manifold but will it work as well? The ecu has been tuned for the setup and would have to be retuned again probably for a different manifold and who would be willing to do that? Plus I heard about bad things with the FMax manifold.
Old 07-28-02, 01:55 PM
jimxo
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Care to give details to "back that thing up"?
Old 07-30-02, 08:59 AM
IS300TURBO
Driver

Originally posted by Swift Racing

Actually I thought I had answered this question already, the kit is not meant for the first gen GS3 however we will make a kit for the first gen as soon as we have finished all the stages for the 2nd gen GS3 and the IS3. Anybody in the Washington DC area want to participate in the prototype of the kit? should please call me.
do you know how many problems Fmax has had?
Old 07-31-02, 07:31 AM
mdaltezza
Driver School Candidate

Default DC/MD/VA August 3rd meet

Ok... hope you SRT guys read this before Saturday, August 3rd.
The guys over at .net are organizing a DC/MD/VA meet

http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic...2849#132972849

We would cordially like to invite you over to show off the new turbo for those interested in FI. or maybe even bring the supercharger as well for comparisons sake. I know there won't be any driving... as per rules of park, but hopefully enthusiasts won't mind just seeing the products up close and personal.

I believe they've reserved a space for between 11-4 pm. And we will be having food. Everyone is invited... hell bring the GS's.
Hope to see you guys there!
Old 07-31-02, 11:56 AM
IS300TURBO
Driver

awesome....who all is going?
Old 07-31-02, 07:06 PM
lexlyf
Lead Lap

At this point, knowing what our schedule is what needs to be accomplished, I'm doubtful that we will be able to attend.
Old 07-31-02, 07:07 PM
lexlyf
Lead Lap

At this point, knowing what our schedule is and what needs to be accomplished, I'm doubtful that we will be able to attend......but that is not set in stone, so we'll see.

Last edited by lexlyf; 07-31-02 at 07:08 PM.
Old 08-04-02, 08:38 PM
TRDGS3
Driver

In the Chicagoland area who would be able to install this on my car?...I understand that I should be able to do it myself...however...I would prefer to get this done by someone that knows what they are doing....thanks
Old 08-05-02, 09:50 AM
lexlyf
Lead Lap

At the moment, I do not recall any installers in teh Illinois area, but we have had residents of your state drive to our Maryland facility & have forced induction installed on their vehicles over a weekend.

One of the most famed would be "Mr. Johnson" who did just that. It would be good for the both of you to talk.
Old 08-10-02, 04:04 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by lexlyf
At the moment, I do not recall any installers in teh Illinois area, but we have had residents of your state drive to our Maryland facility & have forced induction installed on their vehicles over a weekend.

One of the most famed would be "Mr. Johnson" who did just that. It would be good for the both of you to talk.
i'd be willing to drive 20 hrs and a weekend for an in-house install!!

lexlyf,

you need facilities in SoCal, which is a clean 18hr for me and infinitely convenient to a major market. DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!

Quick Reply: Srt New Product Release >> Lexus Is300/gs300 Turbo Kits Now Available! ! !