Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Srt New Product Release >> Lexus Is300/gs300 Turbo Kits Now Available! ! !

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-02, 10:29 AM
lexlyf
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All in due time...

Hit me up, PM style, so that we can cover the logistics and price points. I can help you make hotel accomodations that are within 5 minutes drive to the SRT facility. I believe we have a Holiday Inn (College Park, MD) that is reasonably priced and there is also a Marriott that is more upper scale & very nice (ask Canaan -> GS430Guy, he knows it well).
Old 08-19-02, 09:47 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn, if you had only made the manifold for the non-vvti cars; what a killing you could have made!

another bad business decision; reminds me of the company that went and made headers for the SC300 when they could have made a turbo manifold

there are TONS of customers waiting for a nicely priced setup like this for FIRST GEN CARS... far more than the vvti folks... fmax is the only company for a decent price... toyomoto is a ripoff for the little stuff that you get; and won't sell the manifold by itself anymore

anyway; i just felt the need to let you know the feelings of turbo-hopefuls that own non-vvti motors that are pretty pissed at you catering solely to the vvti (and less mod friendly) cars
Old 08-20-02, 12:37 AM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

anyway; i just felt the need to let you know the feelings of turbo-hopefuls that own non-vvti motors that are pretty pissed at you catering solely to the vvti (and less mod friendly) cars [/B]
Do you really? I can't see a reason why someone would be "pissed" because some company out there is not making a certain part for their car. Do they owe you something? If you really want them to r&d stuff for this generation, why won't you give them a call instead of saying how pissed off everyone is and how bad of a marketing move it is. Maybe even volunteer your car to be the r&d car. Trust me when I say this. I've seen Mo start in his garage and now he has a facility 10 times the size of my house. I'm friends with several other big time tuners from the US such as Ara from Bullish, Craig Paisley from Performance Factory, Larry from Sound Performance, etc and can tell you that none have a facility comparable to Mo. Couldn't happen by making as you call it "bad marketing moves." It happened becasue SRT made quality products and always stood by their costumers. Always first to bring new products to their customers. Leading and not following. Keep in mind that you don't develop stuff overnight either.

toyomoto is a ripoff for the little stuff that you get; and won't sell the manifold by itself anymore
Why do you think they won't sell you the manifold alone? Do you think it is because they don't want to make money? No. They won't sell it alone because it cost them time and money to develop it. Once you have the manifold, you've accomplished one of the biggest hurdles of putting together a turbo kit. They are simply protecting their investment so people just don't get the manifold and strap on a turbo kit since they have spent lots of $$ on r&d. Although I or you may not like that, it is called "smart business practices." I also don't know about calling them "ripoff." If you don't like their prices, then don't buy it.

I'm sorry if it seems as I'm trying to flame you and I want you to know I'm not, but you just can't go around calling shops "ripoffs" and speaking about others' "bad business practices."
Old 08-22-02, 05:51 PM
Legends6spd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was wrong about my car having VVTi - edited it out.

However, whenever the turbo for non-VVTi cars are ready, i'll be the first to do it.

Last edited by Legends6spd; 08-26-02 at 11:03 AM.
Old 08-24-02, 09:06 PM
lexlyf
Lead Lap

I received your mail & replied.
Old 08-26-02, 05:13 AM
PhatLexus2001
Driver School Candidate

Since the turbo kit uses an ECU for the tuning part and I have the SRT intake W/Race ECU would the installer just have to unplug the race ECU and plug in the new ECU from the turbo? Thanks!

Also what would the shipping price be for the stage 2 kit for the IS to Denver, CO 80130

Tim
Old 08-27-02, 07:04 AM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

mariusz,

exactly what you said...i hate it when people pick on any company. "why doesn't SRT make triple turbos for the E250? why does GM have a bigger budget then most countries?" yadda yadda yadda.

bean,
don't speak for others about being pissed at SRT. look at it this way. if SRT made something for the fewer 1st gen members here, adding to a small selection versus no selection for the 2nd gen, imagine how most of the GS members would react. and they'll be more 2nd gen buyers than 1st gen at this point, i'm sure. you could look at it as SRT being punks for catering to certain crowd, but i will only see it as they're just taking care of profit/revenue and the best target market
Old 09-01-02, 05:49 PM
meanboy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by bravo261
mariusz,

exactly what you said...i hate it when people pick on any company. "why doesn't SRT make triple turbos for the E250? why does GM have a bigger budget then most countries?" yadda yadda yadda.

bean,
don't speak for others about being pissed at SRT. look at it this way. if SRT made something for the fewer 1st gen members here, adding to a small selection versus no selection for the 2nd gen, imagine how most of the GS members would react. and they'll be more 2nd gen buyers than 1st gen at this point, i'm sure. you could look at it as SRT being punks for catering to certain crowd, but i will only see it as they're just taking care of profit/revenue and the best target market
In the SF Bay Area, the IS300 is as common as a honda accord. It's a good target audience for marketing a turbo kit to. Most of the GS members of this board are 400 owners but the reality is that the GS3 is purchased in much greater numbers compared to the GS400/430 (whether that's an availability issue or a preference is unknown to me). I know I have a GS3 because there were no 400s available.

My question is when/if the IS/GS kit will be California legal. I think any apprehension from some Californians would be gone if it were smog legal. There are lots of californians so it could translate in some great sales numbers.
Old 09-03-02, 02:04 PM
nixmax
Driver School Candidate

Does any of this work for 2002 ES 300?
Please let me know when u get the chance.
- nixmax
Old 09-03-02, 05:38 PM
lexlyf
Lead Lap

Nixmax:

Unfortunately, not at this time. The ES platform is one from which we do not see the demand for performance products. Hopefully, in the near future that demand will change & something can be done from a bolt-on application aspect.

Until then, as far as SRT goes, you can attain performance through a custom designed application, more affectionately known as a "one off" design.

In closing, I highly encourage you and fellow ES owners, as well as others, to create the demand for products that you seek. Let me know how I can assist you with that and I promise that I will do all that I can to change the current performance outlook for such Lexus vehicles.
Old 09-03-02, 06:17 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by meanboy

In the SF Bay Area, the IS300 is as common as a honda accord. It's a good target audience for marketing a turbo kit to. Most of the GS members of this board are 400 owners but the reality is that the GS3 is purchased in much greater numbers compared to the GS400/430 (whether that's an availability issue or a preference is unknown to me). I know I have a GS3 because there were no 400s available.

My question is when/if the IS/GS kit will be California legal. I think any apprehension from some Californians would be gone if it were smog legal. There are lots of californians so it could translate in some great sales numbers.
that's why i believe SRT should put up a simple install and maintanence facility in some small warehouse in SoCal. nothing major, just a place to put stuff in. keep the R&D and all the big stuff in MD. i don't know about the smog issue, but Cong28 down in cali is getting his turbo done, and there are already turbo'd IS's around
Old 09-03-02, 08:56 PM
meanboy
Lexus Test Driver

I believe a new car doesn't require a smog check until the 5th year of ownership. That could explain why there are turboed IS300s around. The new smog II in the bay area will require the car be put on a dyno type of machine to check the emissions under load. The good thing is that no smog is required on a new car for six years instead of four.

So if I were to get a turbo I would like to be able to run it more then three years from now. A carb # would ensure that and I would be able to pass the car on to someone else with the setup intact.

A facility in SoCal would be better then no facility at all in CA. Good idea.
Old 09-10-02, 04:49 AM
I QuiKSilvR I
Driver

I totally agree with meanboy about a facility in SoCal. . I am really interested in getting the stage 2 turbo kit for my GS3 and my sister has an IS and both have money in hand. The thing is, where do i go to get this installed even though it can be done over the weekend with your bare hands. I just want someone who knows what they are doing to install the kit. Also, as for the intercooler, can you use a different type or bigger intercooler for the system? I've been waiting for this day. . How much would it cost for the stage 2 kit shipped to SoCal? Now all i have to worry about is gas, im already spending $30 every week i fill my tank up. Another concern, is the kit reliable. I mean, it's daily driveable correct? anyways, thanks and congrats . . .
Old 09-10-02, 11:23 AM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

After talking to the guys at swift when I visited, I have no found respect for them. I understand why they don't have stuff for the non vvti yet. They are extremeley busy. The do like 10 to 12 hour work days. Just be patient and wait for this new turbo product to settle in and maybe they will have time to r&d some other stuff.
Old 09-10-02, 11:32 AM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by verylost
After talking to the guys at swift when I visited, I have no found respect for them.
I think you meant NEW found respect. The guys work hard. I just wish they obtained an additional sales rep that knows the products.

Quick Reply: Srt New Product Release >> Lexus Is300/gs300 Turbo Kits Now Available! ! !