Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Srt New Product Release >> Lexus Is300/gs300 Turbo Kits Now Available! ! !

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-02, 11:32 AM
lexlyf
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by verylost
[B]After talking to the guys at swift when I visited, I have no found respect for them.[B]
I don't want to put words in your mouth, but did you actually mean "new found respect"? Just want to clearly understand your opinion, as others probably do as well.

Thanks.
Old 09-10-02, 12:02 PM
Legends6spd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL, when i first read this:

[B]After talking to the guys at swift when I visited, I have no found respect for them.[B]

I was like, whoaa, what did SRT do now that made this guy pissed. Then I hear good things and I realized it's probably a typo. Funny how a couple characters can change the whole intent

As with all successful businesses, I think it makes more sense for a business to establish itself and gain a reputation over time. If spread too thin, it can lose its focus and direction as a company as a whole. A southern cal shop may in fact be needed, but as of now, if they are THAT busy w/ just being in MD, it makes more sense not to expand out there just yet.
Also, since business seems like it's good, how come there's not more people working? That's the thing I've yet to get. With so much demand, wouldn't it make more sense to hire some more ppl to do the dirty work, while more effort can be put into R&D? This allow the business continue to grow rather than be stuck in a mode that's always just trying to keep up?
Or is good help just THAT hard to find these days
Old 09-10-02, 12:49 PM
meanboy
Lexus Test Driver

They don't have to have their own facility in SoCal per se. They just need a trusted partner to perform sales/installation. Doesn't SRT have a distributor in AZ? Could they partner with another someone trusted in CA?
Old 09-11-02, 01:43 AM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

whoops
new found respect
i had 3 different things on my mind while at work.

but yeah, Swift is great. Hard workers nice guys.
Old 09-12-02, 04:45 AM
I QuiKSilvR I
Driver

i have a couple questions. . How much is the Stage 3 running for? and what is the estimated quarter mile time with that equipped to a GS300?
Old 09-12-02, 04:50 AM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by meanboy
They don't have to have their own facility in SoCal per se. They just need a trusted partner to perform sales/installation. Doesn't SRT have a distributor in AZ? Could they partner with another someone trusted in CA?
yessss, that's an idea. they have other authorized installers, but they're all close to SRT anyhow.
Old 09-12-02, 05:50 AM
meanboy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by bravo261

yessss, that's an idea. they have other authorized installers, but they're all close to SRT anyhow.
Be nice if it were just a little closer to CA. I am thinking aloud again about getting rid of the GS3 and buying a used GS4 but I don't want to pay the sales tax. I'd rather put the 3k into my GS but if that doesn't work out I am thinking about an older mustang sn95 and boosting that. Incon had a tt CARB legal setup for 5.0. they are out of biz now because of mismanagement but I waiting to see if anyone else buys their assets. Turbo'd mustangs go pretty fast..and it's different then SC'd the thing.
Old 09-12-02, 06:00 AM
meanboy
Lexus Test Driver

what happened to the dyno runs for stage II setup? I was hoping to show it to a friend to convince him that MB aren't da shiets...

EDIT:

Wrong thread. I found it. I need some sleep.

Last edited by meanboy; 09-12-02 at 06:04 AM.
Old 09-12-02, 12:47 PM
lexlyf
Lead Lap

Originally posted by bravo261

Those in CA that are interested in SRT products & installation should contact Ed Loujhan at Keyes Lexus in Los Angelos, CA. Tell him I sent you.
Old 09-13-02, 06:49 AM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

aah, he's the guy i've been hearing about as well. that's great that you have a contact over there. Cong is getting his done with Ed as well. that will be my 20 hour commute next summer
Old 09-13-02, 12:36 PM
lexlyf
Lead Lap

Yes...Ed is really a cool guy to deal with. Very knowledgeable and trustworthy. I encourage you West Coast folks to mail him.

Ed's mail address is as follows:

Ed Lujan
elujan@socal.rr.com

Ed has requested that inquiries be sent by mail & not phone calls. A lot easier this way.

Good Luck & lemmie know what other info you need.

Last edited by lexlyf; 09-13-02 at 12:49 PM.
Old 09-17-02, 02:06 AM
98GS300
Driver School Candidate

To the person who was asking about installation in Illinois. Give Larry a call @ Sound Performance. 630-893-5002. They have built some of the world's fastest street supras and are very knowledgable people and very easy to deal with. They are very well respected on the Supraforums. If anyone can do that install the right way, it's Larry.

I was just curious as to why max boost is set at 7.5lbs. The supra guys run well over 30lbs with nos (on race gas) over 20 on pump gas. I know the Lexus 2JZ is just like an NA supra motor which ultimately has a different head gasket and a few other differences. Am I right? Since the kit is so new, is SRT just playing it safe as far as performance wise. Have they pushed a GS300 to the limit yet? Just wondering b/c if I was going through the hassle of turbocharging my GS, I would make sure that the HP gain is tremendous. Is mid to low 12's possible with an SRT kit? Pump gas? Are there any upgrades out there for the trans(not counting a TC) as it was not built to withstand that kind of hp?

Ideally, I would love to have my GS run mid 12's to low 12's on pump gas. Just wondering how feasible all that is with costs and reliability and not changing the cars driving characteristics.
Any info or feedback is appreciated.
Old 09-25-02, 02:02 AM
Chan
Driver School Candidate

I'm doing the wait and see approch with SRT's turbo. I know their HFIs are excellent quality werk but a turbo is a whole different thing.

I'm also considering PLP's new S/C they have for the IS300 for the same price as SRT's stage 1 turbo doing 245rwhp I think and can be upgraded to 9PSI and from the pics it seems like a much cleaner setup.

Like I said, I'll wait and see to find out who's most reliable.
Old 09-26-02, 01:44 PM
lexlyf
Lead Lap

I do not think we have reached the limits of the GS300 yet.

I'll keep pushing until something breaks in the tranny or engine. I'll probably have some more insight of this in the next couple of weeks, as I have removed the turbo & awaiting the opportunity to upgrade some pieces.
Old 10-08-02, 06:59 PM
Bdragon007
Pole Position

lexlyf, did you have the valve body upgrade in ur car?

Quick Reply: Srt New Product Release >> Lexus Is300/gs300 Turbo Kits Now Available! ! !