Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

PPE V8 Headers GS, LS, SC

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-11, 10:20 PM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by airbender
Well my dyno is off until i figure this out got my first engine check light on the car here are all the codes (p0441 evaporative emission control system incorrect flow detected) (po446(pd) evaporative emission control system vent) control circuit po455(pd) po455 evaporative emission control system leak detected large leak and p2418(pd) undefined code.
Check you're vacuum hoses by the green cap on the driver side of the engine bay. Might also be charcoal canister. How many miles does you're car have? Did you change you're engine mounts when you did the header install?
Old 01-05-11, 10:32 PM
airbender
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TLcoats
Check you're vacuum hoses by the green cap on the driver side of the engine bay. Might also be charcoal canister. How many miles does you're car have? Did you change you're engine mounts when you did the header install?
Thanks alot bro thats exactly what it was one line was off so that threw all those codes? i hope that fixes it imma still double check the exhaust system this weekend I have 105xxx didn't do mounts

Last edited by airbender; 01-05-11 at 10:46 PM.
Old 01-05-11, 10:58 PM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks alot bro thats exactly what it was one line was off so that threw all those codes? i hope that fixes it imma still double check the exhaust system this weekend I have 105xxx didn't do mounts
You should be good. I've gotten that code several times before, and it was just the vacuum hose coming from the metal evap pipe that kept sliding off. The reason why i asked what mileage you got is because most likely, bad engine mounts are causing the engine to rock to much leading to the vacuum hose sliding off. I'm going to change my engine mounts, but if the codes pop up again, you know what it is!

BTW. How is the car/headers feeling?
Old 01-05-11, 11:08 PM
airbender
Rookie

Originally Posted by TLcoats
You should be good. I've gotten that code several times before, and it was just the vacuum hose coming from the metal evap pipe that kept sliding off. The reason why i asked what mileage you got is because most likely, bad engine mounts are causing the engine to rock to much leading to the vacuum hose sliding off. I'm going to change my engine mounts, but if the codes pop up again, you know what it is!

BTW. How is the car/headers feeling?
The car is definately running stronger but i still dont think i gained 20/20 i think if i can accomplish a tune ill be satisfied
Old 01-06-11, 12:00 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

If the headers end up not being what I expected, I'm going to sell mine and find a used set of S&S. The pipe sizing and tri-Y design are more in tune to what I think is ideal for me. Don't really care much about top end power anyhow. Low and midrange power is much more exciting. Sadly, I got in the GB because no one else makes headers for our car.
Old 01-06-11, 05:56 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
If the headers end up not being what I expected, I'm going to sell mine and find a used set of S&S. The pipe sizing and tri-Y design are more in tune to what I think is ideal for me. Don't really care much about top end power anyhow. Low and midrange power is much more exciting. Sadly, I got in the GB because no one else makes headers for our car.
It is!!!
Old 01-06-11, 08:28 AM
airbender
Rookie

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
It is!!!
probly is but i think i would trade a little fun down low to be more effective mid n up top.
Old 01-06-11, 09:26 AM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

probly is but i think i would trade a little fun down low to be more effective mid n up top.
The one thing about losing some low end, is that if you put in a auto TT diff 3.76 w/lsd. You get some of that tq back & gain quickness. Thats what I did.
Old 01-06-11, 10:23 AM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by spdrcr771
The one thing about losing some low end, is that if you put in a auto TT diff 3.76 w/lsd. You get some of that tq back & gain quickness. Thats what I did.
And i got 3.92 gears so i doubt that the headers will really affect my lowend since basically everything is low end.
Old 01-06-11, 10:49 AM
airbender
Rookie

Got a new code today (po133 sensor circuit slow response bank 1 sensor) as I remember my passenger aft sensor was giving me trouble to remove it seem to only come out half way like the thread was rounded so I left it in a tied the y pipe to the frame until I was finished didn't wanna risk damaging the sensor cause I didn't have a new one looks I might end up just replacing all 4!
Old 01-06-11, 11:03 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Got a new code today (po133 sensor circuit slow response bank 1 sensor) as I remember my passenger aft sensor was giving me trouble to remove it seem to only come out half way like the thread was rounded so I left it in a tied the y pipe to the frame until I was finished didn't wanna risk damaging the sensor cause I didn't have a new one looks I might end up just replacing all 4!
That's what I did about 2 yrs ago...takes all the guess work out of it. Go to sparkplugs.com to get the BEST pricing on OEM Denso O2 sensors...with connectors! IIRC I think I paid around $85 buck/ea which is a STEAL considering Lexus wants over $200/ea
Old 01-06-11, 10:17 PM
airbender
Rookie

This is what i was expecting now this feels more like 20/20 its like 55 out tonight and the car is running like a bat outta hell if only it could always feel like this wow im impressed tonight!!
Old 01-06-11, 10:37 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Lets see what happens when you get all your CEL taken care of! How is the low end? Still feel a bit sluggish?
Old 01-07-11, 12:24 AM
airbender
Rookie

Originally Posted by GSteg
Lets see what happens when you get all your CEL taken care of! How is the low end? Still feel a bit sluggish?
low end feels great
Old 01-07-11, 02:17 AM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

low end feels great
That's can't wait to see the improvements on my car!

Quick Reply: PPE V8 Headers GS, LS, SC