Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

PPE V8 Headers GS, LS, SC

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-11, 08:22 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

goddam i could use a set too :/... so much to buy.. and labor charges is gunna kill me too :/
Old 06-23-11, 09:08 AM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by whitegs430
Originally Posted by sakataj
dont wait on me, i havent even installed my headers im still concerned with the drivers side issue some people had. i dont wanna be all up in this and have that issue

Just contact paul and ask if your drivers side will be a problem. I got my new one for free and it fits perfect no modifying the hanger at the transmission at all. I have been driving with them for 3 days put over 400km approx 240miles alot of hard driving and they are sounding great. The tanabe helps to.
So is the gs430 a little different on the driver side?
Old 06-23-11, 09:13 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by spdrcr771
Would you quit being a woosy & just get them done, so you can enjoy them like the rest of us. LOL, just playin.
i am, just worked up a deal to get them installed....SO u gonna gyno that section you built? you gonna build me one or send me the info to get one built since a deal with the original member and jbrady didnt pan out to get one

Just contact paul and ask if your drivers side will be a problem. I got my new one for free and it fits perfect no modifying the hanger at the transmission at all. I have been driving with them for 3 days put over 400km approx 240miles alot of hard driving and they are sounding great. The tanabe helps to.
that was my next move....just trying to be lowkey about all this. i didnt wanna say anything for months as i say people with issues installing them,i mean competent members who know what to expect and what to do, but i have been scared to install them for some of those reasons

Originally Posted by vwynn
goddam i could use a set too :/... so much to buy.. and labor charges is gunna kill me too :/
trade me the supercharger i will give you my headers and pay to0 have them installed
Old 06-23-11, 09:18 AM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

dont wait on me, i havent even installed my headers im still concerned with the drivers side issue some people had. i dont wanna be all up in this and have that issue
If you are in a position that having your car down for longer than expected due to the small posibility that there is a fitment issue is unacceptible... you could ship yours back to PPE to confirm on their jigs that nothing is out of place. The jigs are used to confirm that the part is the same as the design. Somehow one or more did not get checked after welding. Just a thought as shipping charges are minimal vs. the option.
Old 06-23-11, 10:22 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by JBrady
If you are in a position that having your car down for longer than expected due to the small posibility that there is a fitment issue is unacceptible... you could ship yours back to PPE to confirm on their jigs that nothing is out of place. The jigs are used to confirm that the part is the same as the design. Somehow one or more did not get checked after welding. Just a thought as shipping charges are minimal vs. the option.
thanks john....im Pm'ing paul now. so PM me man, i want a exhaust blueprinted by you please
Old 06-23-11, 11:40 AM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brian please share what you find out from Paul. I too am about 3 weeks away from install and this is my daily.
Old 06-23-11, 12:25 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by sam430
So is the gs430 a little different on the driver side?
i think so, henry installed both as his first set for his gs400 was actually for a gs430. i know there was some difference but maybe it was cause the didnt fit the jig, i dunno

Originally Posted by GSJake
Brian please share what you find out from Paul. I too am about 3 weeks away from install and this is my daily.
will do man. mine is too and i can afford to have it away for a weekend but cannot afford to have the OEM headers UNINSTALLED and go to fit the new headers and they dont fit and then have to reinstall the oems and hope everything works out correctly while i wait on it to be corrected.
Old 06-23-11, 09:16 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GSJake
cool...he gave me his info to send them back and said he will look over them no problems. gonna ship them out to him next week
Old 06-24-11, 02:09 PM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

SO u gonna dyno that section you built? you gonna build me one or send me the info to get one built since a deal with the original member and jbrady didnt pan out to get one
Yes I am going to dyno the car after I get everything installed. It might not be real soon. I got a track day comming up @ the end of July @ Motorsport Ranch. So probably be after that. But Ill def post what differance I feel.

As far as sending you the spec's on the Y pipe, Im not at liberty to share that info, per designer's request. I might be able to get one built for you though. You probably will want to see some dyno numbers 1st, before you decide to venture down that road.

Last edited by spdrcr771; 06-24-11 at 02:14 PM.
Old 06-25-11, 06:49 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by spdrcr771
Yes I am going to dyno the car after I get everything installed. It might not be real soon. I got a track day comming up @ the end of July @ Motorsport Ranch. So probably be after that. But Ill def post what differance I feel.

As far as sending you the spec's on the Y pipe, Im not at liberty to share that info, per designer's request. I might be able to get one built for you though. You probably will want to see some dyno numbers 1st, before you decide to venture down that road.
well i dont want a feel, if im gonna be changing my exhaust i want something dyno proven to help on the low end torque.

im assuming the designer was bcsc400? i have emailed you,jbrady,and him and i cant seem to get one....i dunno why the big secret guys, consider it just helping out a fellow enthusiast
Old 06-25-11, 01:32 PM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

Actually it is my design.

I appreciate spdrc and bcsc400 keeping the details to themselves for several reasons including having to respond to some people who would likely critisize something they really do not understand.

Also execution of the design is important leading to more of the above.

I do not currently have manufacturing facilities nor time and budget to become a vendor for a low volume relatively high cost item. Also, the stock pipe works very well and most do not need to change it. It is for those that no longer have the stock pipe and want to regain the lost torque that my design is best suited as well as cars with substantial power increases due to supercharging or nitrous.

As far as dyno proof goes the BIG problem is dyno numbers, especially chassis dyno's, almost never show the RPM range we are addressing specifically 2000-4000rpm. This is the range that MOST driving is done in and the response of the engine and torque "feel" are what we are addressing. You can have a design that may give slightly higher numbers in the 4000-6300rpm range that are a dog in the lower range.

I would love to do some REAL and extensive back to back testing on the same vehicle with my design vs the stock. Should be very close in feel with peak power having a possible increase. I for one would vote to keep low and mid power/torque over a small increase in peak.
Old 06-25-11, 03:35 PM
whitegs430
Driver

Originally Posted by JBrady
Actually it is my design.

I appreciate spdrc and bcsc400 keeping the details to themselves for several reasons including having to respond to some people who would likely critisize something they really do not understand.

Also execution of the design is important leading to more of the above.

I do not currently have manufacturing facilities nor time and budget to become a vendor for a low volume relatively high cost item. Also, the stock pipe works very well and most do not need to change it. It is for those that no longer have the stock pipe and want to regain the lost torque that my design is best suited as well as cars with substantial power increases due to supercharging or nitrous.

As far as dyno proof goes the BIG problem is dyno numbers, especially chassis dyno's, almost never show the RPM range we are addressing specifically 2000-4000rpm. This is the range that MOST driving is done in and the response of the engine and torque "feel" are what we are addressing. You can have a design that may give slightly higher numbers in the 4000-6300rpm range that are a dog in the lower range.

I would love to do some REAL and extensive back to back testing on the same vehicle with my design vs the stock. Should be very close in feel with peak power having a possible increase. I for one would vote to keep low and mid power/torque over a small increase in peak.
If you ever want to design a front pipe for the gs430 i would also love the design. My stock front pipe is very rotten and it has the third cat on it that i dont need. Plus it would help when i put me SC setup on in the fall. I have the ppe headers installed and the tanabe rear section i just need the front pipe. I could even do a complete cat bypass from the headers.
Old 06-25-11, 04:13 PM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

If you ever want to design a front pipe for the gs430 i would also love the design. My stock front pipe is very rotten and it has the third cat on it that i dont need. Plus it would help when i put me SC setup on in the fall. I have the ppe headers installed and the tanabe rear section i just need the front pipe. I could even do a complete cat bypass from the headers.
Other than the third cat the GS430 Y pipe is interchangeable with the GS400 Y pipe.

It is one thing to build the basic Y section. Another all together to build a full bolt in part that fits, flanges, O2 bungs and all. I have not priced a stock pipe but it is likely over $500 for the catless 400 and probably over $1000 for the catted GS430. Then there are the wrecking yards... they do not sell cats but I would think a 400 pipe would be available somewhere.
Old 06-25-11, 04:18 PM
ENONE
Driver School Candidate

hello everyone i would love to get a pair header for my gs 400 how much and wat do i do to get them or where do i buy them. thanks guys
Old 06-25-11, 04:25 PM
ENONE
Driver School Candidate

hi guys who i talk to about getting the headers for my gs 400

Quick Reply: PPE V8 Headers GS, LS, SC