Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SRT TWIN TURBO's IS,GS,SC YES U DAMN RIGHT! Now I'm gonna be broke...

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-02, 08:38 PM
PAULGS430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb SRT TWIN TURBO's IS,GS,SC YES U DAMN RIGHT! Now I'm gonna be broke...

Hello all. Guess what? Jus talked with Mo at SRT to set up date to install my PI-TC,Hayden 677 Trannycooler,TRD-LSD,&SRT Intake RACE ECU. TUE. the day. Well I'm letting the secret out.
I 'mon the phone talking to him about Stage 4 maybe stage 5.
He says that when I visit him he is ready to launch some serious stuff.:eek: YES that stuff he's been holding back fresh from the R&D. ((TWIN TURBO for GS4's )):eek:

That's right TWIN turbo for the V-8 baby. Oh my GOD!!
He's gonna rock the Lexus scene with this news. Well anyway he says that the supercharger is awesome cus he's got Stage 5.
He's says that TURBO is the answer to our prays. Were talking about serious quantities of power. Oh yeah & plenty of $ to buy Well when I return from SRT, I'll give ya a update.
Old 07-25-02, 08:42 PM
Mike D.
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you know what type of numbers they're expecting with the new twin kit? Sounds very interesting. Thanks, Mike D.
Old 07-25-02, 09:08 PM
CamRen
Lexus Champion

twin turbo v8...

im thinking about 400-550 RWHP depending on turbo size etc. i bet its gonna cost around 8-10grand to do.
Old 07-25-02, 10:46 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by CamRen
twin turbo v8...

im thinking about 400-550 RWHP depending on turbo size etc. i bet its gonna cost around 8-10grand to do.
you get that much power and cost around the stage 4, so i'm guessing a twin turbo V8 will be well clear over $15k and oodles of power. SRT's stuff is getting intense!
Old 07-26-02, 01:12 AM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

twin turbo is sure sounds nice.. $$$ that what doesn't sound right here
Old 07-26-02, 01:37 AM
Mariusz
Lead Lap

Do you know what type of numbers they're expecting with the new twin kit? Sounds very interesting. Thanks, Mike D.
I know I'm expecting 530+RWHP(700Hp+) RELIABLY. I will have everything ranging from a rebuilt tranny to pistons, but no connecting rods. After I upgrade the connecting rods, we should see 630RWHP+ figures (800Hp+). Wonder how Mo's tranny will stand up to my abuse. I still have to talk to Mo about my injector size and the compression drop on the engine.

Last edited by Mariusz; 07-26-02 at 01:37 AM.
Old 07-26-02, 03:40 AM
Mark
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: SRT TWIN TURBO's IS,GS,SC YES U DAMN RIGHT! Now I'm gonna be broke...

Originally posted by PAULGS400
That's right TWIN turbo for the V-8 baby. Oh my GOD!!
He's gonna rock the Lexus scene with this news. Were talking about serious quantities of power. Oh yeah & plenty of $ to buy Well when I return from SRT, I'll give ya a update.
I hope to see a full write up soon.
Old 07-26-02, 04:10 AM
GS400_PUSHER
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Mariusz

I know I'm expecting 530+RWHP(700Hp+) RELIABLY. I will have everything ranging from a rebuilt tranny to pistons, but no connecting rods. After I upgrade the connecting rods, we should see 630RWHP+ figures (800Hp+). Wonder how Mo's tranny will stand up to my abuse. I still have to talk to Mo about my injector size and the compression drop on the engine.
I seen your ride in Moe's shop....very sweet looking GS.

I also know about the TT for the GS400 for about 2 months but had to swear to moe I wouldn't say anything about it to you guys until he says it was ok So I guess its ok. My TT setup should be on by X-mas
Old 07-26-02, 04:24 AM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Mariusz
So Mariusz, does this mean that you're Mo's test Mule ? How long has Mo had your car, and are there any rough estimates pricewise for the TT setup?
Old 07-26-02, 05:20 AM
GS400_PUSHER
Lexus Champion

I don't want to post no figures but I can tell you this much.....if you are driving a GS4xx than you can afford the TT setup. Unless your married Wife just wouldn't understand

Last edited by GS400_PUSHER; 07-26-02 at 05:21 AM.
Old 07-26-02, 07:32 AM
LexCiting
Lead Lap

Actually, my car is Moe's test vehicle. It has been used for R&D for over 3 months (I knew about the SRT TT before all you guys! LOL).

So I will have the 1st SRT TWIN TURBO GS400!

Anyway, my engine was completed torn apart, and checked for any pre-exisiting damage. I have upgraded forged pistons, bigger injectors, upgrade SRT fuel ECU, SRT custom manifords, oil cooler, tranny cooler, the whole nine yards. Basically I have a new engine, with the upgrades. Remember I was at a stage 2.5 supercharger, and already had the upgrades listed in my sig. They have really put the time into this! Believe me! I have PATIENTLY been waiting, but this was something that had to be done over time. I'll have to baby her in the beginning, but as soon as my break-in period is over, I have some money I need to collect from my races!

Last edited by LexCiting; 07-26-02 at 10:50 AM.
Old 07-26-02, 08:36 AM
GS400_PUSHER
Lexus Champion

Hey Lee or should I call you Lexciting! I'm not gonna tell you again.....I want to be the first to ride in that Monster of a BEAST as soon as it gets out of the Shop!!!!
Old 07-26-02, 09:47 AM
LexCiting
Lead Lap

Definitely!!! You know you will have to bring your camcorder too!
Old 07-26-02, 10:31 AM
BadBtsz4u
Lead Lap

Im speechless can you beleive this!!

So whats the ballpark figure on cost.Lexciting mentioned if your not married you should be able to afford this but it can t be under 10g could it?
Old 07-26-02, 10:41 AM
zxlr8
Pole Position

Default right on!!!

If you think supras are pushing 900 at the wheels with a lot of r&d Just think what a 4.0 v8 will do.......Lots more power and reliable wothout the headaches of a supercharger. I AM SO JACKED!!!! This is the ultimate Streetfighter....Gs,Sc, and even the fat ls400 will be amazing..... I will have this done......now which car??? HaHa anyways maybe a tansplant into a supra.....nah Gs400TT with 800 hp is good enough for me. Here comes all the apexi engine management and boost controllers just like in Japan for the v300 only bigger and better. For once the US is the first to the unbelievable.......go Mo and SRT. You are really going to get some biz....now if the price was really nice........

Quick Reply: SRT TWIN TURBO's IS,GS,SC YES U DAMN RIGHT! Now I'm gonna be broke...