Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Cleaning up my IC piping before the install. :)

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-10, 02:14 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

good work... sigh i wanna install mine too :/ but i dont have a second car or time...
Old 12-13-10, 03:41 PM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vwynn
good work... sigh i wanna install mine too :/ but i dont have a second car or time...
You could install it on mine in the meantime.
Old 12-14-10, 06:15 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Rising_Sun
Dayum Rock! The kit looks sick! Let me know if you need a hand putting it together!
Thanks! To be honest...since this is my daily driver (for now at least) I can't afford to have too much down time.

I was thinking of actually just dropping it off at a good shop here on L.I. (I really don't want to go further west than Nassau county). I'll probably try to have them do everything; install, tune etc etc. Hopefully they can have something like a 2-3 day turnaround.

The kit itself is pretty self explanatory EXCEPT for the bracket...I am not exactly sure how it goes on. Also, since this is a used kit there aren't any directions so the installer will have to be very good and knowledgable.

FYI...I would also probably want to get a valvebody upgrade in the tranny at the same time; I'd be willing to pay someone $1500 when the time comes to fully install/tune this kit along with a VB upgrade. I gotta shop around.
Old 12-14-10, 11:42 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats on the kit and good luck with it.. Maybe we can do some runs against my slow TT daily driver
Old 12-14-10, 02:01 PM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Congrats on the kit and good luck with it.. Maybe we can do some runs against my slow TT daily driver
Yes...perhaps! I know Mr. Johnson was running mid 12's with this setup and said traction was a COMPLETE bich in the first two gears and still managed mid 4 second 0-60mph ranges.

He also mentioned on previous threads that on the highway (in 3rd gear and up) many cars couldn't hang - because then traction wouldn't be a problem for him at those higher speeds. My goal is just to add reliable power (not necessarily pushing the envelope) with this setup and not have any CEL issues. We'll see...all I know is it HAS TO be faster than my car is now and I FEEL that my car is fun right now as is...so it can only get better.

I can't wait to see what this thing can do! But I will wait until the Spring...no sense in doing this now when a crapload of snow is about to fall soon...
Old 12-15-10, 11:46 AM
3UZFTE
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Been gone for a while, nice to see someone is keeping the ball rolling. Of course last time I had heard, we were chasing peak numbers through headers and exhaust. I'm been so busy building my NA-T LS400 I haven't paid much attention to the 2GS thread, but again, nice to see someone taking up the slack. I like the idea of not chasing peak numbers and making the setup work first, than chase numbers. With a bit of hard work, some guts and patience and you'll have your 350rwhp GS. Keep it up Rock.
Old 12-16-10, 08:02 PM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey Rock what kit is this. Is it a custom kit from SRT or a RMM kit. If custom does the SC sit on the passenger side or the driver side.
Old 12-16-10, 08:44 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

its SRT stage III
Old 12-17-10, 05:31 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by spdrcr771
Hey Rock what kit is this. Is it a custom kit from SRT or a RMM kit. If custom does the SC sit on the passenger side or the driver side.
Yes, it's the SRT stage III kit as mentioned above...it is kit #6 of (I think) 25. The SC sits on the passenger side which is nice so there is no need to relocate anything...
Old 12-17-10, 05:36 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 3UZFTE
Been gone for a while, nice to see someone is keeping the ball rolling. Of course last time I had heard, we were chasing peak numbers through headers and exhaust. I'm been so busy building my NA-T LS400 I haven't paid much attention to the 2GS thread, but again, nice to see someone taking up the slack. I like the idea of not chasing peak numbers and making the setup work first, than chase numbers. With a bit of hard work, some guts and patience and you'll have your 350rwhp GS. Keep it up Rock.
Thanks! Well, I am kind of looking for power levels to be around 375-380whp. I'd like to add 100whp to where I am currently at...I know, I am getting a little piggy. lol But I don't think I would ever have the need to make more power than this ONLY because I KNOW it WILL cost many thousands more to beef up the tranny and engine to support power levels over 400whp...

I am not a gearhead so that cost would be REAL to me as the car would be going in and out of shops to get that work done; I would never do it...unless I (all of a sudden) have money coming out of my ears.