Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

megan exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-10, 03:55 PM
DaXxJaPxX
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KI_GSE21
WoW, let's get a video clip of your true dual custom setup! Must free up quite of power there =)

Congrats !!!
Yea, freeing up some power on my tiny is250 motor, hahaha. Wish they made the 350 AWD earlier I'll get a video up soon though, gonna wait till the snow lets up around here
Old 12-24-10, 10:55 PM
JoeCombs
Pole Position

Originally Posted by pratik_10
hey joe do u have just the megan exhaust or have you put in a mid pipe or something
sorry for the late reply, i only have the axle-back, there are currently no midpipes for AWD, allthough i have been bugging megan racing about that, last i heard it was supposed to be done this winter, fingers crossed.
Old 12-24-10, 10:58 PM
JoeCombs
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DaXxJaPxX
Just got my megan exhaust put on yesterday, and i would have to say i'm more than satisfied. I'll post a video later on this week, but IMO, it sounds better than any 250/350 i've come across on youtube/CL(if your looking for a deep and non-raspy tone). Had them cut the axle back piece from megan and go true dual from the secondary cats back, res deleted. Music to my ears
im curious of how this sounds as well, did you have the exhaust put on before you modified it so you can compare the difference? ifs its a huge difference maybe ill just do this instead of waiting for megan to make a midpipe.
Old 12-25-10, 06:09 PM
Imnutz4jdm
Lexus Test Driver

shall i throw on my megan or keep the hks hi power
Old 12-28-10, 05:09 AM
DaXxJaPxX
Driver

Originally Posted by JoeCombs
im curious of how this sounds as well, did you have the exhaust put on before you modified it so you can compare the difference? ifs its a huge difference maybe ill just do this instead of waiting for megan to make a midpipe.
Now that the absurd snow storms and holidays are over, i'll get a video up this week. Not sure how the quality will be, i feel like most exhaust videos never live up to how to exhaust actually sounds. Regardless, i'll put one up soon. And no i didnt have the axel back on by itself prior to getting the work done. Had it all done in one session, so the only comparrison you'll have are the 2-3 videos on youtube, lol. I'd def do it this way instead of waiting for megan to put out a midpipe for $500 give or take. Exhaust shop put on stainless steel piping and chopped up/installed the megan axle back for $250.

Last edited by DaXxJaPxX; 12-28-10 at 11:18 AM.
Old 12-28-10, 09:39 AM
aly250
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the invidia mid pipe and the megan axle back set up, ill try and post a video soon, i honestly love it because its loud but i had to put my silencers in because it was too loud for my dad to sit in the car..but ill try to post a video..it still sounds pretty aggressive with the silencers
Old 12-28-10, 10:05 PM
Imnutz4jdm
Lexus Test Driver

DaXxJaPxX
where is the shop u went to bro??
i might need to make a trip up to MA to get this done if its legit
Old 12-29-10, 04:44 AM
DaXxJaPxX
Driver

Originally Posted by Imnutz4jdm
DaXxJaPxX
where is the shop u went to bro??
i might need to make a trip up to MA to get this done if its legit
I'm sure there's one around you, lou's custom exhaust. There's a ton in MA. The one i went to personally was in manchester NH. It's legit though, sounds sick, and they did it in 2 hours. Like i've been sayin, i'll get a clip up so people can hear it (too damn lazy). If your ever in the area and want to hear it before u get the work done, let me know.
Old 12-29-10, 08:18 AM
Imnutz4jdm
Lexus Test Driver

yea NH .... that is mad freakin work.... haha yea i mm look around here .... when they did the true duel ... did they remove the cats as well? can is it possible to get some pix of how it looks underneath
Old 12-29-10, 09:24 AM
DaXxJaPxX
Driver

Originally Posted by Imnutz4jdm
yea NH .... that is mad freakin work.... haha yea i mm look around here .... when they did the true duel ... did they remove the cats as well? can is it possible to get some pix of how it looks underneath
i wanted to take pics before they finished, but i didnt expect it to be so quick. By the time i got back to the shop, it was already off the lift n rdy to go. They said they could remove the secondary cats since those are simply to have the car pass in CA, but will add a raspier tone if thats what your in the market for. From reading forums only gives like 1-2 hp. I just had them cut right after the secondary cats and go straight back. And from the looks of it, the closest lou's custom exhaust is in worcester MA, at least its a **** ton closer than NH.