Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

question on a 2JZ swap

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-10 | 08:40 AM
etmoron
Driver School Candidate

Default question on a 2JZ swap

i have a 98 gs300 and i came across a cheap 2jz motor from a 95 supra with hella low mileage.

i was wondering if this would be a hard swap or would it be easier to get a aristo clip with the vvti ? just worried about wiring and stuff .

sorry if this has been ask before
Old 12-22-10 | 08:48 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

OMFG....dude even with the low post count you have been a member for 4 years. search you know this has been covered
Old 12-22-10 | 08:54 AM
toyotero
Rookie

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...onversion.html
Old 12-22-10 | 08:56 AM
etmoron
Driver School Candidate

When I search a bizzillion posts pop up, just wanted to know if the wiring would be harder. Thanks foe ur input tho
Old 12-22-10 | 09:04 AM
etmoron
Driver School Candidate

Thanks toyotero, but he using a vvti from a aristo. Guess when time comes ill just mount everything and send out wiring harness to a shop
Old 12-22-10 | 09:26 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by etmoron
When I search a bizzillion posts pop up, just wanted to know if the wiring would be harder. Thanks foe ur input tho

yes im sure there all a billion posts about it because JUST LIKE YOU DID they search see a bunch of threads and go man i dont wanna read all those, i'll just post a new thread or they dont even search and post new threads instead of actually searching for the info which is on here,for the most part nothing we ever talk about isnt on here someplace

its called doing some leg work and not being lazy
Old 12-22-10 | 10:22 AM
etmoron
Driver School Candidate

Sorry bro., I guess ill start working out my legs and stop being lazy . U have a nice car btw
Old 12-22-10 | 10:39 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Sorry bro., I guess ill start working out my legs and stop being lazy . U have a nice car btw
lol...its all good man. where you been since becoming a member in 2006? same car or you just get another gs?

thanks, never thought of my car as nice yet...to much still to do..i have done alot of changes to it since that picture, not to mention i have TONS of parts just sitting there waiting on me to mount or waiting on me to go pick up or pay for or whatever the case maybe.

i dunno if he will answer a PM as im sure he gets bombarded with them but try and ask jefftsai.

BTW the supra 2jz, is it a 2jz-gte or a 2jz-ge? i would assume but i dunno for sure your referring to the 2JZ-GTE since your 98 gs300 already has the 2JZ-GE in it.
Old 12-22-10 | 10:51 AM
etmoron
Driver School Candidate

I jump around alot from different projects. When I signed up back in 06 I had 92 sc400. So I didn't write much. I picked up the gs300 earlier this year so I've been lurking around and stuff.

So far im getting a 95 usdm 2jzgte motor with jdm twins, a first gen aristo auto tranny.
Im a certified toyota tech and I got tools for almost any job, just wondering about the harness.

The motor is affordable but I was thinking maybe a 2nd gen aristo clip would be easier down the line.

I picked up my gs crashed so no current pics yet but as soon as it comes back I got volks and ltuned springs waiting for it
Old 12-22-10 | 10:57 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

I jump around alot from different projects. When I signed up back in 06 I had 92 sc400. So I didn't write much. I picked up the gs300 earlier this year so I've been lurking around and stuff.

So far im getting a 95 usdm 2jzgte motor with jdm twins, a first gen aristo auto tranny.
Im a certified toyota tech and I got tools for almost any job, just wondering about the harness.

The motor is affordable but I was thinking maybe a 2nd gen aristo clip would be easier down the line.

I picked up my gs crashed so no current pics yet but as soon as it comes back I got volks and ltuned springs waiting for it
im the last person who can tell you this info...i have read it but since i have the V8 i ignore most of it their are alot of swapped users though on here besides jeff if u cant get him, i mention him cause he's the gs300 guru man.

well welcome back to our club....i myself owned a SC400 also. i miss the car sometimes but def dont miss cracking interior all the time
Old 12-22-10 | 12:03 PM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Lazy lazy lazy. But like sakataj said, you'll get more info in ten minutes of searching than this thread will ever get.
Old 12-22-10 | 03:02 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

VVTi GTE wiring is MUCH easier especially if you have a 98 to Mid year 01 GS300.
Old 12-22-10 | 03:05 PM
etmoron
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
VVTi GTE wiring is MUCH easier especially if you have a 98 to Mid year 01 GS300.
i figured that much , but again this engine is cheap enough for me to buy and then just send out the wiring harness to somebody .

i figured with the aristo clip everything is there and just take out put in kinda deal. thanks for your input
Old 12-22-10 | 03:08 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

What I meant by the VVTi GTE wiring being much easier is that it is almost a straight plug and play on the wiring harness. You just have to run 1-2 extra wires and that's it Basically you shouldn't need to pay anyone to do the wiring on a VVTi unless you don't know how to run a few wires lol. The only downside to the VVTi is that a majority of tuners out there don't know how to tune it or work with it.
Old 12-22-10 | 03:40 PM
AshburnM3
Pole Position

i have a 98 gs300 and i came across a cheap 2jz motor from a 95 supra with hella low mileage.

i was wondering if this would be a hard swap or would it be easier to get a aristo clip with the vvti ? just worried about wiring and stuff .

sorry if this has been ask before
omg,dont pull out the motor, buy the whole supra with the engine in it!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: question on a 2JZ swap