Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Intake help for a old-newbie

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-11, 04:00 PM
bichkikr
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intake help for a old-newbie

I've got a 01 GS300 that has literally been sitting for a couple years, that i'm bringing back to life. My car was the test car for the Injen intake before, and i've also had it supercharged, and now back to NA. All i'm looking for is an intake that is legal in CA, that I can pass smog with. If I have to, i'd put a stock one on, but I feel like that's wasting the performance of the Greddy exhaust. I haven't been on the forum in a LONG time, so can anyone tell me who makes intakes that are bolt on and smog legal? Otherwise, anyone selling a stock one?? I've searched where I thought they'd be, and no luck. PM me or respond...your choice.

Thanks!
Old 01-05-11, 06:07 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

You'll probably have to go back to the Injen intake then because they're the only one off the top of my head that is CARB legal. How come your car was out of commission?
Old 01-06-11, 06:53 AM
bichkikr
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
You'll probably have to go back to the Injen intake then because they're the only one off the top of my head that is CARB legal. How come your car was out of commission?
damn it. checked their site and they don't have much. I'll have to call them. I traded the car 2 years ago to somebody...and recently he called and didn't want it anymore because it's just been sitting. So, i gave him my old LS instead, so now I have the GS back. Not bringing it back to it's full show glory, but at least back to looking real nice so i can drive it with confidence.