Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

HKS350 does it again! Living up to the title..

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-11 | 05:30 AM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Bumping this thread because I found alot of info and support on the HKS F-Con iS.

1) It has a program that fools the OBD2 program in the stock PCM/ECU.
2) It can be tuned by target Air to Fuel ratio. So if I input 12.5 AFR then it will hold it.
3) Video output.....Just like the GTR. I can veiw all my engine data on the Nav Screen.

Coping over some data I have.

The iS series is HKS's correction / trim only ECU.

It features:
• 4 24x16 INJECTION trim maps (8x in total, for AFM or MAP), for different fuel octane ratings.
• 4 24x16 IGNITION trim maps (8x in total, for AFM or MAP), for different fuel octane ratings.
• 24x16 INJECTION and IGNITION trim maps, for scramble mode.
• 12x8 INJECTION and IGNITION correction map based on throttle change and RPM.
• 24x16 INJECTION correction map, applied by AFR-target map.
• 24x16 AFR target map for wideband-controller feedback correction, applied to the 24x16 fuel trim map.

It also features 2 optional voltage outputs suitable for:
• Airflow.

Injection (fuel) and ignition (spark) trim and correction can be individually enabled and disabled by:
• VPC
• Throttle change correction map
• Scramble map
• GCC (graphical control computer)
• IAT correction map
• ECT correction map
• Fuel trim map A
• Fuel trim map B

The iS series also features a cool feature that does not require having the optional Navigator unit. Basically there is S-Video output to display specs and numbers to a mini-TV, a popular item in Japan and slowly becoming popular in Australia and elsewhere around the world.

Hardware / Software differences between F-CON iS and F-CON SZ

• New function: Immobilizer Function Channel parameter in Basic Tab of Parameter.
• New items in Monitor window.
• Map and parameters have been added for Close-Loop Cancellation Trim Map.
Navigator interface has been removed as F-CON iS will NOT work with F-CON Navigator.
Maximum Logging Time has been increased.
• Map and parameters have been added for Injector Dead Time IN/OUT.
• Parameters have been added for VIDEO Output Function.
• Parameters have been added for GCC Input Items.
• Parameters of Option Voltage have been added for A/F Adaptor Output.
• Parameters of Scramble Trim have been added for Trim C.
• Parameters have been added for AIC Fuel Cut.
• Parameters have been added for OBD-II Communication Function.
6 (Maximum) has been added to Map View.

Old 08-26-11 | 05:42 AM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

This is what you'll need to complete the Tune.

http://www.rhdjapan.com/hks-f-con-is...-osc-set-61120

Once you get it wired up and running let me know. You can send the hardware to me and I have a way to upload MAPS into it via a HKS Pro dealer in AUS.
Old 08-26-11 | 05:53 AM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

This is cool, but I'm not ploppin down 1350 for it. The mapecu3 can do all of these things too for just a little more than half the price. The one thing that the F-Con has over the mapecu is the video output.

The whole nav screen info center would be cool as hell. The mapecu is viewable on pc though, it just isnt as clean unless you mounted a carputer and all that.

Very cool though. Props
Old 08-26-11 | 06:19 AM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 06isDriver
This is cool, but I'm not ploppin down 1350 for it. The mapecu3 can do all of these things too for just a little more than half the price. The one thing that the F-Con has over the mapecu is the video output.

The whole nav screen info center would be cool as hell. The mapecu is viewable on pc though, it just isnt as clean unless you mounted a carputer and all that.

Very cool though. Props
Yep it is $$$$$ but if you spend $1250 on a exhaust, $700 on headers, $350 on an intake. Then whats $1350 on a ECU.

If you add it together = $3650 SO if you gain 50whp (and it should) then that's $73 per HP gained. Not bad IMO

Right now everyone is paying @ $2300 and getting 25hp so the math = $92 per HP gained

Is there a working Map3 ECU on a 2GR-FSE setup yet?

I had to look to AUS because those guys down under aren't scared to mod. these motors.

The guy I linked up with swaps the 2GR's in old school cars like Supra's and has built these to handle 900+ HP.

I'm looking into there piston, rods and crank setup. They have some cams on the way to.

These guys don't market themselves because there a pro race shop and don't need outside income from selling parts. Most of there swaps are running HKS Fcon Gold standalones but they had started with the Fcon-iS.

Found out you can push these motors to @ 550 HP before the stock crank fails. So 500HP on a good tune can be a daily driver. Been told the transmissons hold up well to @ the 500HP mark also.

With a good tune on all stock HC pistons etc.... the most you'll get is 10-11psi and 475 whp. This is running @ 100 octane fuel. So there's not a whole lot to be had stock.

I'm trying to get 400 whp on 93 octane. I hope to do it on stock bottom end with cams (if I can get them). Otherwise I'll settle for @ 380whp on a all stock motor @ 7-8psi.

With the IS350 gearing it should be good for mid 11sec 1/4 times. (380whp)

Last edited by HKS350; 08-26-11 at 06:44 AM.
Old 08-26-11 | 07:14 AM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Dude, I'm pumped for you. I think pepos is the only one working a mapecu3 right now on his 4gr. But I've already done the due diligence for mine and have found the ecu pinouts are exactly the same. I think I'll be ordering one in the next week, so I'll keep ya updated.

I dynoed 271 pre ppe headers. I suspect I'll be in the 286 range without a tune and I'll certainly be able to squeeze out some ponies by leaning it out a bit and playing with timing. My last afr reading was only 11.2 at the highest.
Old 08-26-11 | 07:22 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

I need to see your car again in person. It's been a while and your car has evolved. Looking pretty sick, man.
Old 08-26-11 | 08:21 AM
eriktreves
Driver School Candidate

Not to make a huge deal out of it but $1300 isn't really out of the norm for this level of tuning ability. The company that I work for sometimes, sells several standalone systems that start at $1300-$1400 and go up to around $2700. The software/tuneability and interface seems to me is what sets them apart. Little things like Global Fuel Adjustment is huge. Another is the ablity to "blend" in the MAP sensor input. Also being able to switch to speed density would be nice. I have and do tune Turbo and SC V8's, and this thread has peaked my interest for sure. Do both ECU's have plug-in harness? It looks like the F-Con does, but wasn't listed on the website. I know for me being able to tune it on the NAV, would be nice, but after the tune is in there (if it is right), you shouldn't have to mess with it again, unless you change something. For me it would be too tempting to mess with What is the turn around time on ordering a F-Con and then getting MAPs loaded? I will more than likely do a rear turbo system (keep the engine bay stock) so any help you can provide would be great in either direction.
Old 08-26-11 | 10:25 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Subscribed !!!
Old 08-26-11 | 10:25 AM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

see, this is what I'm talking about. It just took some time, but the boosted applications are coming online for the 2IS. Soon we'll be wanting more power after these successful tunes and new rods and pistons and cams WILL be born.

The 2IS has just become affordable as a first or second car for alot of younger drivers out there. With that in mind, it should begin to take a larger presence in the aftermarket scene because its mostly younger people that modify.

Whereas before, it was a 40K sports sedan that mid to late 20's and 30's bought. They have families, and other interests than primarily modding their car. Kids have nothing else to spend money on except cars and girls.

Now its a low 20's even high teens priced car that MANY people will enjoy for the first time. Also, lets not forget that the general design has remained unchanged and will continue into next year.

It's about to get super serial up in here. HKS350! go get some pistons made!!!!
Old 08-26-11 | 10:33 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

very interesting .... Supercharged and fully tuned i think i'm in love lolz.....
Old 08-26-11 | 10:42 AM
eriktreves
Driver School Candidate

Yup...my other car with low PSI (7) is making 543 RWHP (6000 RPM) and 650 RWTQ (3150 RPM). It is just too easy to make stupid power with a turbo. Echo your comments the rotating assy. Isn't worth it if you end up with an oil pan full of parts. But a safe tune around 6-7 psi should be fun as hell in either a 250 or 350....would like more info on the ECU's out there for the IS 350. My shop already produces turbo kits for Factory Five Cobras and Mustangs. Now that I have an IS 350 and the 250 is basically the same as far as fitment of parts...I could easily make my a car into a mule for the rest.....end state would be streetable daily driver boost , intercooled, 6-7 psi, or around 390-410 FWHP for the 350 with a single turbo where the left muffler sits and the waste gate exiting out the right muffler area. Very similar setup we do on the mustangs.
Old 08-26-11 | 11:27 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by eriktreves
Yup...my other car with low PSI (7) is making 543 RWHP (6000 RPM) and 650 RWTQ (3150 RPM). It is just too easy to make stupid power with a turbo. Echo your comments the rotating assy. Isn't worth it if you end up with an oil pan full of parts. But a safe tune around 6-7 psi should be fun as hell in either a 250 or 350....would like more info on the ECU's out there for the IS 350. My shop already produces turbo kits for Factory Five Cobras and Mustangs. Now that I have an IS 350 and the 250 is basically the same as far as fitment of parts...I could easily make my a car into a mule for the rest.....end state would be streetable daily driver boost , intercooled, 6-7 psi, or around 390-410 FWHP for the 350 with a single turbo where the left muffler sits and the waste gate exiting out the right muffler area. Very similar setup we do on the mustangs.
The trick has always been waiting for someone to offer a complete kit to do that for a reasonable amount of $.

When most 350 owners could get into an IS-F, which already has 414 FWHP and a better transmission, for about 10k over their own car, it made little sense to drop 8k on a kit that added less and nuked any remaining warranty.

(and forced induction on a 250 made even less sense when it was only around $4000 more for a 350)

It is nice to finally see some tune options opening up, even if they're a bit spendy... (I'm spoiled, coming from an LT1 where $99 got you pretty much complete tuning of every single map/parameter/etc possible)
Old 08-26-11 | 12:49 PM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

pssstt......http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CP-Pi...item27a489b474

I bet they can make you some for the 2GR too
Old 08-26-11 | 12:59 PM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 06isDriver
pssstt......http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CP-Pi...item27a489b474

I bet they can make you some for the 2GR too

Correct me if I'm wrong........Its the same piston, IS-F and IS350 share the same pistons and rods.
Old 08-26-11 | 04:50 PM
KC95SC400
Lexus Test Driver

When I took my 1uz V8 block to the machine shop they told me they could have pretty much anything made by any of the major names (CP, Ross, ect) for around $700-800. Complete custom set of pistons.

KC

Quick Reply: HKS350 does it again! Living up to the title..