Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2jzgte vs 2jz na-t

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-11, 09:01 AM
Gs300chino
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2jzgte vs 2jz na-t

Ok we all go tru this and get diffrent opinions but i have been doing alot of reserch and have been stuck on one question its going to cost me around $5k to do the gte swap in my 2nd gen gs and thats not including going single turbo on the other hand its costing me around $4500 to go na-t and put in pistons and rods and with the turbo kit already included i know the prices may vary but i do get wholesale price on most parts and do most the work myself my problem comes with what are the diffrence in the blocks and head them self i know the 2jzgte has oil squerters and the fact of it having forge pistons dont really matter because at the end of the day if i go nat it will have custom pistons and rods.So what am really asking is is it worth to put pistons and rod in the ge motor and turbo it or is it better to just go gte power level to reach is 500whp thats the goal please all input is appreciated i have been going back and forth with this and its time to make a desition woot woot
Old 01-07-11, 09:52 AM
mtparker18
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This has been a debate forever. Some will say GTE and some will say NA-T. At the end of the day, it's more about what you want to do (aslong as it's right).

Are you doing your own work?
Old 01-07-11, 12:18 PM
Gs300chino
Rookie

Originally Posted by mtparker18
This has been a debate forever. Some will say GTE and some will say NA-T. At the end of the day, it's more about what you want to do (aslong as it's right).

Are you doing your own work?
most of it yes and a buddy of mine as well i am having the motor build at a shop doe just to be on the safe side
Old 01-07-11, 12:29 PM
mtparker18
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At this point, it's more about how much money you want to spend. If you NA-t, you'll need to build the ge trans. I can't remember what you'd have to do to the GTE trans at 500whp. It's all about what you want to spend.
Old 01-24-12, 06:39 PM
2jz31
Driver School Candidate

i am also doing a na-t swap. I will be using a r154 from a mk3. The 2jzge can handle alot, you just need all the right support for it.
Old 01-27-12, 11:07 AM
850Lexus
Pole Position

I was looking at going the swap route but I think I am going to go the NA-T route. The only thing I don't like is the IM and piping going over the turbo. I found a intake that does away with that is on one of the NA-T forums, I think Club NA-T. I don't know anything about them yet to know if it is a quality product but they also have a turbo setup to go along with it. I also think I want to go with a six speed, less issues upgrading the tranny unless you just prefer auto because you will still be limited to so much power.

So for what it would take to get a front clip shipped is about 5500-6000. Probably another 4-5k to get it up and running. I could do a whole lot to my current drive train with 11k and have a 6speed.

Last edited by 850Lexus; 01-27-12 at 12:42 PM.
Old 01-27-12, 03:54 PM
powerovany
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 850Lexus
I was looking at going the swap route but I think I am going to go the NA-T route. The only thing I don't like is the IM and piping going over the turbo. I found a intake that does away with that is on one of the NA-T forums, I think Club NA-T. I don't know anything about them yet to know if it is a quality product but they also have a turbo setup to go along with it. I also think I want to go with a six speed, less issues upgrading the tranny unless you just prefer auto because you will still be limited to so much power.

So for what it would take to get a front clip shipped is about 5500-6000. Probably another 4-5k to get it up and running. I could do a whole lot to my current drive train with 11k and have a 6speed.

with the manifold u can keep the runners cut it open and relocate where the throttle body is mounted or buy the stock turbo one if you dont feel comfortable with doing this ive seen it done before alot of ppl do it
Old 01-27-12, 04:13 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by powerovany
with the manifold u can keep the runners cut it open and relocate where the throttle body is mounted or buy the stock turbo one if you dont feel comfortable with doing this ive seen it done before alot of ppl do it
HUH? The stock turbo intake manifold does not fit the NA head or runners. You would still be cutting/modding/welding the runners weather your using one of the cheap ebay ffim plenums or the oem gte ffim.

SRT does make a 100% bolt on GE FFIM for like $2000. But you could just buy a complete VVTI GTE engine for that much.
Old 01-27-12, 04:50 PM
powerovany
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 99 GS3
HUH? The stock turbo intake manifold does not fit the NA head or runners. You would still be cutting/modding/welding the runners weather your using one of the cheap ebay ffim plenums or the oem gte ffim.

SRT does make a 100% bolt on GE FFIM for like $2000. But you could just buy a complete VVTI GTE engine for that much.

sorry i was typing not looking at the screen didnt proof read... but what i meant to say y dont u just cut the stock manifold down and relocate the throttle body with all its sensors as if it were in the location of the regular turbo one? pay a good welder a few bucks and save yourself the 1500 extra you would spend