Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Problems With AEM Intake

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-11, 02:50 AM
A_Grasso
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Problems With AEM Intake

Hey guys, just installed my AEM intake today and about an hour afterwards my check engine light and check vsc light came on. I disconnected my battery, reconnected it, and the lights went off but came back on as soon as i went on the freeway. Also tried removing the ECU fuse and still, the lights came on after a little while. Does anyone have an idea of what could be causing these lights to come on? I had a JoeZ intake on before and got none of these lights... PLEASE HELP!!
Old 01-19-11, 10:24 AM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

those lights are indicative of an engine code being set. You'd have to get those codes read before we could begin to tell you what the problem is, however, I'd be willing to bet you've got a leak after the maf sensor OR at the maf sensor itself.

If the system realizes MORE air is coming in than the maf sensor is reading it will throw a code. Start there, there isnt too much to go wrong with intake installations except for leaks in the system.

Oh also, make sure the vacuum hose connected to the head IS NOT kinked or stretched in any way. I had that problem with one of those run of the mill intakes in that it placed the intake too far away and caused the hose to kink when the engine would rock on its mounts. that throws a code too.