Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

cop problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-11, 01:42 PM
tom steele
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default cop problems

ok guys this is were i am at with this issue i went and rebuilt my starter to do that we all know you have to pull the intake manifold pain in the *** for just a starter anyway got it all back together after i had to replace three out of four of the studs because whoever put this on last time destroyed them surprised it ran after seeing this but anyway got those out after having to weld nuts on them and heat around the studs with a torch to remove them real pain in the ***. so i finally got them back together after putting new gaskets on. started up and ran ok then i noticed i forgot to tighten the radiator hose and it pop off getting the motor pretty wet so i fixed that blew the motor out but now i am having it pop misfire codes on 302 304 306 308 which is the passenger side of the motor. i took all the coils out checked them with my meter there all good cleaned contacts put dielectric grease on them and put them back in even swapped one to the other side just to see if the problem would follow it didnt. checked the o2 sensor none of the wire are shorted looks good and i just replaced the driver side one i swear i fix one thing then something else pops up wtf anyone seen this issue if so what was the fix?
Old 01-28-11, 01:00 PM
Dscustoms
Pit Crew

You reassembled it wrong and have a serious leak in the intake manifold. Smoke test it to verify.
Old 01-28-11, 09:24 PM
tom steele
Lead Lap

ill try that the new gaskets were cheap ones so who knows although i took it all apart again just to check all the wiring then put it back together and still the issue so i guess it possible but it should be sealed better than when i started i replaced three bad studs they cross threaded when the previuos owner had it so it probably wasn't sealed great to begin with it happened after the radiator hose came off and sprayed the motor its been more than dried and still the issue i try this hope its this so i can get it going soon.
Old 01-30-11, 01:48 PM
tom steele
Lead Lap

i figured it out stupid piggy back controllers got sick of messing with it so i took out the splitsec ftc1 and returned the car back to stock tune. now everything is great plan on driving it up to monterey bay for work just to make sure its good.