Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Torquemaster plugs

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-02, 04:34 PM
garnet92
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Torquemaster plugs

Just got my Torquemaster plugs this afternoon (finally). Thanks to Steve Ganz for delivering, Mean Gene for the dyno results, and CL for the group buy.

It is hard to believe these are $12.50 plugs – they’re really cheap looking. Even the trademark “TM” on the insulator looks like it was written by a grammar school kid with a Sharpie marker. Anyway, I could care less what they look like if they smooth out the idle and improve performance.

They’ll be installed on Friday and I’ll expect to G-Tech some more 0-60 runs to see if there’s any difference – frankly, I’ll be happy with ANY improvement in acceleration times, don’t know how much we can expect from approx. 6.5 hp and (more importantly) 14.5 ft. lbs. torque increase, according to Mean Gene’s dyno tests.

I'll post the results on this thread as soon as I can.

Stay tuned.
Old 08-14-02, 05:46 PM
Kajukenbo
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes,

I cannot wait to see you result. Garnet92, you have always tried to stay objective as much as possible. "Just the facts" is what I always like..........

Thanks
Old 08-14-02, 05:55 PM
garnet92
Lexus Test Driver

Default Thanks

KJ – thanks for noticing – I’m not gonna bs myself and I don’t bs my buddies.

BTW, kudos on the CAB – ‘bout time someone offered this – has it reduced the noise as much as you expected? I’m glad to see that you’ve insulated it too. I know you can’t post the price here, but can you pm me?
Old 08-15-02, 07:11 AM
BananaGS
Tech Guru

I agree, these are the cheapest looking plugs I've ever seen. For $12.50 a piece, they don't even ship them in a box. I inspected the tips, they look ok, but not quite evenly, look worst than a 50cents plug. I am gonna wait a few months to hear every result before putting mine in.

Anh

Last edited by BananaGS; 08-15-02 at 07:12 AM.
Old 08-15-02, 12:53 PM
Kbueno
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

- I could care less what they look like (as far as graphics) as long as they deliver gains! I compared them against the Bosch +4 and both look like good quality. Mine are going in Saturday.

Peace
Old 08-15-02, 01:40 PM
LexusL
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has any1 installed them on there gs300 and if so did it make a great improvement that it had did on the gs400?
Old 08-15-02, 01:59 PM
PAULGS430
Lexus Test Driver

Question TM's

Strange I received the TM's 1 month ago & they were designed well & in good shape. I dunno why they would look cheap?
BY the way someond posted the installlation of the TM's in a GS300 & was raving about the smooth throttle response & power delivery. I believe it was Sasha from Canada I think.
Well let the rest of us know how the new group of Tm's perform.
later Paul
Old 08-15-02, 03:03 PM
BLW
Driver

Default Installed today

I installed my set of plugs today and they are performing as promised. I can feel the difference, especially how the engine gains rpm faster than the other plugs. I had denso iridiums and assumed they have been in the car since day one and had 60k miles on them. I think the logo looked a little weak, but the rest of the plug, especially electrode looked much stouter and better designed than the densos.
I do not think they look cheap at all, at least not where it counts.

If they gain performance with use ( as stated by TM) I will be extra pleased. I am happy with my purchase, especially since they are basically the same cost as the Denso's.
Old 08-15-02, 04:39 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

I had mine installed the friday before the Carson meet. Check out my thread...
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=54554
Old 08-15-02, 04:47 PM
garnet92
Lexus Test Driver

Default Read it!

LXO, I actually alread read your assessment and was glad to see that your experience was positive - (so far) it's been unamimous among all who've installed. It's almost too good to be true!

I also just touched base with Mean Gene and he's happier than ever with his - says that they seem to get better with time! I'm still planning to get some hard results via G-Tech tomorrow.
Old 08-15-02, 06:31 PM
RacingAristo

If someone could kindly post some installation guide, that would be perfect.
Old 08-15-02, 09:24 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

I agree with the TM's less than stellar looks but once installed you can't see them. Had mine installed today along with the Tom's STB F/R and an oil change. Also reset the ECU. Drove home in heavy traffic so not much to report.
Old 08-16-02, 12:07 AM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

For those of you putting in the plugs yourself. I was told the torque spec of the plug is 13 ft/lbs. Remember to do the change when the car is cooled down. You could end up stripping the thread of the spark plug seat if the car is too hot (aluminum thread gets weak when heated) just in case you forget.

ricky
Old 08-16-02, 05:06 AM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: Torquemaster plugs

Originally posted by garnet92
It is hard to believe these are $12.50 plugs – they’re really cheap looking. Even the trademark “TM” on the insulator looks like it was written by a grammar school kid with a Sharpie marker. Anyway, I could care less what they look like if they smooth out the idle and improve performance.
Hahahahahahahaha........ Mine arrived Wed. afternoon also, and I couldnt agree more....
But, I will also reserve judgement and base it solely on performance!!! Cant wait........
Old 08-16-02, 09:46 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,325 Likes on 1,416 Posts

Lol - I'm going to get mine powdercoated before they go in.

I'll have mine done tomorrow along with brake install! Can't wait myself!

Quick Reply: Torquemaster plugs