Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

My GS430 Wont Start!!!!PLEASE HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-11, 09:58 PM
blacklyon
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My GS430 Wont Start!!!!PLEASE HELP!!!!

I bought a new computer for my car because the one that came with my car had a burnt circuit that i thought was the problem for it not starting. The new computer i bought came with the chip for the key also. I replaced the computer but its still not starting. Do i have to get it flashed for it to recognize my car? and if i get it flashed and it still doesn't work, what could be the problem?
Old 02-05-11, 04:12 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 89 Likes on 81 Posts

I dont know about the GS, but in other cars flashing is needed, the reason seems to be something that would go for any car. The computer needs to be flashed with the correct vin number as well as the correct chip for the key.
Old 02-05-11, 08:59 AM
8TREYLOC
Driver School Candidate

if u turn the key and it feels like it wants to start but doesnt want to turn over , then that means u need to flash the ecu .
Old 02-05-11, 09:09 AM
entryspeed
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unfortunetly I'm thinking you should have went to a lexus mechanic or the dealer ship to begin with when this whole thing started. I believe as well the ECU (new one) needs to be flashed to match the vin correctly amongst other things on the car. GL
Old 02-05-11, 09:10 AM
blacklyon
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 8TREYLOC
if u turn the key and it feels like it wants to start but doesnt want to turn over , then that means u need to flash the ecu .
Thats exactly what its doing. I turn the key it feels like its going to start but it doesnt. Im having the ecu flashed today. Hopefully it works out but if it doesnt i will be back to see what the next step could be.
Old 02-05-11, 09:10 AM
blacklyon
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by entryspeed
Unfortunetly I'm thinking you should have went to a lexus mechanic or the dealer ship to begin with when this whole thing started. I believe as well the ECU (new one) needs to be flashed to match the vin correctly amongst other things on the car. GL
Thanks for the advice bro!
Old 02-05-11, 06:24 PM
entryspeed
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it still doesnt start check all your power in and out of the ignition area. First make sure the main power wire to the starter is intact and secured with a constant12v going to it. Then check your starter selinoid activation wire, usually a much smaller wire that sends a 12v signal to the starter when the key is in start position. If some how you are getting that 12v signal there to the starter and its not budging. Then its most likely a faulty starter. If however you are missing that 12v signal when the key is in the start position then you infact have a sercurity trouble code not allowing the car to start or the starter relay maybe bad or ECU may not be ready for the car ie (flashed yet). Keep us up to date. Also just for my FYI is everything else in the car working all accesories/radio/lights anything else that turns on with the ignition. Does the fule pump get its 3-5sec 12v power when you first turn the key on etc. Where in florida are you
Old 02-05-11, 06:30 PM
8TREYLOC
Driver School Candidate

did it start after u got it flash?
Old 02-05-11, 06:41 PM
blacklyon
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by entryspeed
If it still doesnt start check all your power in and out of the ignition area. First make sure the main power wire to the starter is intact and secured with a constant12v going to it. Then check your starter selinoid activation wire, usually a much smaller wire that sends a 12v signal to the starter when the key is in start position. If some how you are getting that 12v signal there to the starter and its not budging. Then its most likely a faulty starter. If however you are missing that 12v signal when the key is in the start position then you infact have a sercurity trouble code not allowing the car to start or the starter relay maybe bad or ECU may not be ready for the car ie (flashed yet). Keep us up to date. Also just for my FYI is everything else in the car working all accesories/radio/lights anything else that turns on with the ignition. Does the fule pump get its 3-5sec 12v power when you first turn the key on etc. Where in florida are you
So i got the computer flashed today and it still didnt start. It turns over and sounds like its about to start but its not starting. He flashed it about three times today. Everything in the car turns on so i know its getting sufficient power. Im not sure what else to do. Im in hollywood, fl by the way
Old 02-05-11, 06:42 PM
blacklyon
Driver School Candidate

No it did not and im lost on what to do.
Old 02-05-11, 06:42 PM
blacklyon
Driver School Candidate

Could it be a fuse??? If so which one?
Old 02-05-11, 06:47 PM
8TREYLOC
Driver School Candidate

maybe it could be or r u sure none of the wires are sliced.
Old 02-05-11, 10:21 PM
blacklyon
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 8TREYLOC
maybe it could be or r u sure none of the wires are sliced.
Im not sure. Which harness should i check?
Old 02-06-11, 04:20 AM
alexdan
Driver

just joking around ....does the car have gas??? did u check the basic things like does the car get gas and spark ?
Old 02-06-11, 06:27 AM
colombianc
Driver School Candidate

I would also check all the vaccum hoses to make sure there are no tears....this happen to my 430 once and it was a cracked hose that conected ti the intake.

Quick Reply: My GS430 Wont Start!!!!PLEASE HELP!!!!