Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Prepping SRT Stage III SC kit...

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-11, 09:36 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Prepping SRT Stage III SC kit...

So, I got this kit used a while ago and I may install it this Spring or wait until the following Spring due to our baby coming in early May!

This SRT Stage III kit came with 440cc injectors but it only came with a 3.5" (or is it a 3.66") pulley! The classified ad from which I bought it said it is a custom 8.5lbs pulley. Are all kits in-line with others as far as pulley size versus the amount of psi?

I have read in many areas that with the RMM kits a 3.12" pulley only produces 8lbs of boost...if it is the same across the board this would mean that my pulley will only make 5psi IF THAT...and if this is true, isn't 440cc injectors overkill and won't it mess up my fuel?

I am (was) planning on tuning this kit with my Apexi Neo but after searching I have found out that anything larger than 370cc injectors, fuel cannot be properly adjusted by a piggyback A/F controller like the Apexi Neo.

What should I do? Can someone help me with my questions?

Also, what do you think is a fair price to:

-install the kit (with all the piping and intercooler), fuel pump, injectors, spark plugs
-properly tune it
-perform a valve body upgrade in the tranny

Mo from SRT said it would be around $2200...is this fair? Seems kind of steep.
Old 02-16-11, 11:01 AM
JiBBeL
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
You're probably right. I'd ask the other shop that has more experience in installing supercharger kits on the 1uz.... Oh wait. F'real though, probably one of those "get-what-ya-paid-for" and peace of mind kinda expenses. Hard to justify cheaping out on the install job, arguably the most important piece of the puzzle.
Old 02-16-11, 12:03 PM
klynchgs4
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if mo would install for $2,200, i would go for it - he's know these cars better than most people out there...and buy one (or both) of my trannies
Old 02-16-11, 03:03 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Contact glenn on the forum if you don't have the installation instructions. It's pretty straight forward to do. The tuning part can be handled with the AFC Neo since I run the SAFC-II on my setup with 440cc RC injectors with no problems at all. I'm assuming that you are not running a rising rate FPR so that means that when you're at full throttle, you're only getting 80% or so out of your injectors. As far as the sc'd pullies goes, I believe your kit uses the vortech blower and you can simply hit the guys over at http://www.superchargerupgrades.com/#vortech to get your upgraded pully. Let me know if you need additional help and I'll try my best.
Old 02-17-11, 05:49 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Alexus_300
Contact glenn on the forum if you don't have the installation instructions. It's pretty straight forward to do. The tuning part can be handled with the AFC Neo since I run the SAFC-II on my setup with 440cc RC injectors with no problems at all. I'm assuming that you are not running a rising rate FPR so that means that when you're at full throttle, you're only getting 80% or so out of your injectors. As far as the sc'd pullies goes, I believe your kit uses the vortech blower and you can simply hit the guys over at http://www.superchargerupgrades.com/#vortech to get your upgraded pully. Let me know if you need additional help and I'll try my best.
AWESOME information! Thanks! Glenn, as in RMMGS4? What would he know about the install of the SRT kit? He has the RMM kit. I know how everything goes together...the ONLY thing is I don't know how the bracket gets connected to the car itself. I know the route of the piping and how the SC gets connected to the bracket...I just don't kow how the bracket attaches to the car.

This is GREAT news that you are running 440cc injectors also and are successfully tuning your kit with the Apexi SAFC-II; obviously the Neo is basically the same type of A/F controller. I just have to *also get* an upgraded fuel pump, VB upgrade and colder spark plugs.

BTW, what type of kit are you running? What pulley size and boost? What are your power levels at? If you don't want to discuss could you send me a PM? Thanks again man!
Old 02-18-11, 09:10 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AWESOME information! Thanks! Glenn, as in RMMGS4? What would he know about the install of the SRT kit? He has the RMM kit. I know how everything goes together...the ONLY thing is I don't know how the bracket gets connected to the car itself. I know the route of the piping and how the SC gets connected to the bracket...I just don't kow how the bracket attaches to the car.

This is GREAT news that you are running 440cc injectors also and are successfully tuning your kit with the Apexi SAFC-II; obviously the Neo is basically the same type of A/F controller. I just have to *also get* an upgraded fuel pump, VB upgrade and colder spark plugs.

BTW, what type of kit are you running? What pulley size and boost? What are your power levels at? If you don't want to discuss could you send me a PM? Thanks again man!
I totally forgot that glenn is running the RMM kit. But what I would do is hit him up to see if he has the instruction info for the RMM kit which will give you a basic idea of how the blower is installed. I'm pretty sure that it bolts up to the side of the cylinder head and onto the alternator as a bracing. As far as what you will need, I'd say just get an walboro 255lph fuel pump and a set of one step colder NGK IX spark plug and drop them in there. I'm not sure if 8lbs. of boost on the V8's require a thicker head gasket upgrade or not but your best bet is to call up Mo over at SRT and ask him directly. I would also say that you won't need the VB upgrade if you're staying below 400 rwhp as I know for a fact that our A650e transmission are built to handle that much power with a transmission cooler efficiently. As far as my setup, it is pretty much as custom setup where I only use part of the LMS bracket and the upper intake pipe from the kit that they made for the IS300. I basically designed everything around the car so it's hard to say how much I'm making to the wheels. But if I'd have to guess, I'd say 360-380 to the wheel since I don't care for dyno power but more for driving dynamics. I had the head ported a little along with port matching each of the intake runners to the gaskets and such. I think that I'm running the 2.76" pulley if I remembered correctly. Also, I have a GS300 not a 400 like yours.
Old 02-19-11, 10:13 PM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So, I got this kit used a while ago and I may install it this Spring or wait until the following Spring due to our baby coming in early May!

This SRT Stage III kit came with 440cc injectors but it only came with a 3.5" (or is it a 3.66") pulley! The classified ad from which I bought it said it is a custom 8.5lbs pulley. Are all kits in-line with others as far as pulley size versus the amount of psi?

I have read in many areas that with the RMM kits a 3.12" pulley only produces 8lbs of boost...if it is the same across the board this would mean that my pulley will only make 5psi IF THAT...and if this is true, isn't 440cc injectors overkill and won't it mess up my fuel?

I am (was) planning on tuning this kit with my Apexi Neo but after searching I have found out that anything larger than 370cc injectors, fuel cannot be properly adjusted by a piggyback A/F controller like the Apexi Neo.

What should I do? Can someone help me with my questions?

Also, what do you think is a fair price to:

-install the kit (with all the piping and intercooler), fuel pump, injectors, spark plugs
-properly tune it
-perform a valve body upgrade in the tranny

Will the previous owner of your kit provide any help on how the bracket mounts? Any pics of it?
Pulleys from one SC unit can be totally different on another. it depends on the units internal ratio or internal step-up ratio,that determines impeller rpm & output. The 3.12" pulley on the RMM could be way different on 2 different Vortech models.
Old 02-20-11, 01:26 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd just have mo do it for many reasons.
Old 02-20-11, 09:35 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

this kit does not require professional install...the VB and Tune yes I would have someone help you...the tune that is with the kit will "work" it just wont allow the benefit of your headers.

PM me when you get a chance. You still have my #? If so just call me when your ready to install and I can help over the phone. There is 2 complex things in the install, 1) tap for the oil line, 2) change the fuel pump. If your confident with these or have someone that can come over and help you with these the rest is a walk in the park.

Yes the kit is designed to push 8.5 lbs of boost unless some parts were changed when it left my hands. The injectors are the correct size you just need to get a fuel pump. Your making this more complex then it needs to be Its a straight bolt up kit for your car!!! Only thing IMO that you needed to do was powder coat or polish the pipes to clean them up...the rest is ready to rock and roll.
Old 02-20-11, 08:25 PM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by passnu2
this kit does not require professional install...the VB and Tune yes I would have someone help you...the tune that is with the kit will "work" it just wont allow the benefit of your headers.

PM me when you get a chance. You still have my #? If so just call me when your ready to install and I can help over the phone. There is 2 complex things in the install, 1) tap for the oil line, 2) change the fuel pump. If your confident with these or have someone that can come over and help you with these the rest is a walk in the park.

Yes the kit is designed to push 8.5 lbs of boost unless some parts were changed when it left my hands. The injectors are the correct size you just need to get a fuel pump. Your making this more complex then it needs to be Its a straight bolt up kit for your car!!! Only thing IMO that you needed to do was powder coat or polish the pipes to clean them up...the rest is ready to rock and roll.
Thanks Mike! I'll call you when I get a chance...been busy with a lot over here lately.