Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Photon's GS300 Turbo project

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-11, 10:35 AM
AKS14
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dig this build, lot of cool stuff.

Love the dry sump and BMRS lines!
We used them at the race team I used to work at, definitely awesome stuff.
Old 02-24-11, 06:10 AM
SlvrGS300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet build. that manifold is sick!

question though, all the na-t guys on this site say that oil squirters are the devil and not having them in the GE block makes it better. Why would you go through all the trouble to drill and tap and add them to a GE block when they are such a detriment to the motor?
Old 02-24-11, 08:17 AM
qphoton
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SlvrGS300

question though, all the na-t guys on this site say that oil squirters are the devil and not having them in the GE block makes it better. Why would you go through all the trouble to drill and tap and add them to a GE block when they are such a detriment to the motor?
Because I obstinate Russian and don't search easy ways (Joke)

Actually it is completely not difficult for though some the competent mechanic, especially if know what to do...
If I have made it in Siberia for 1 day ... in the USA it to make even easier and I am surprised why others don't address in machine shop.

Thanks my friends in Russia for the full information on the given mod.
Thanks Eric Kozeluh (Twins Turbo Inc.), it has helped me to find ***** on the block, in Russia it was impossible.
Old 02-25-11, 09:11 AM
qphoton
Driver

my hoosiers here

Old 02-28-11, 12:30 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by SlvrGS300

It's not really a detriment. It's just that most extreme hp drag racing people do short passes. They prefer to keep oil pressure in the engine bearings rather than waste it away spraying the pistons. Now, if you're doing constant road racing where youre close to redline 20-30 mins+ per session then cooling the bottom of the pistons will be beneficial. Even highway pulls typically don't last longer than 10-20 seconds. Typically not long enough to warrant oil squirters. Of course it cant hurt, but sometimes especially at very high rpms, you can have insufficient oil pressure at the bearings and damage them.
Old 02-28-11, 03:32 PM
Agent0024
Pole Position

Nice project, I can't believe didn't see this thread from a couple days ago.
Old 02-28-11, 07:41 PM
qphoton
Driver

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
It's not really a detriment. It's just that most extreme hp drag racing people do short passes. They prefer to keep oil pressure in the engine bearings rather than waste it away spraying the pistons. Now, if you're doing constant road racing where youre close to redline 20-30 mins+ per session then cooling the bottom of the pistons will be beneficial. Even highway pulls typically don't last longer than 10-20 seconds. Typically not long enough to warrant oil squirters. Of course it cant hurt, but sometimes especially at very high rpms, you can have insufficient oil pressure at the bearings and damage them.
I known one real project from Far East of Russia on rb26 w/ oil squirters sure that make 11000 rpm every day
yes, this is not 2jz (other r/s) but no any problems with bearings about 1 year ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftLNukJ6AFg

My friends from Sibiria usualy set limit for 2jz on 9300 rpm (head need some modifications - springs at first) with oil squirters too ... but really you don't need so much rpm for turbo, they say 8500 rpm will be same effective ...

Last edited by qphoton; 02-28-11 at 08:11 PM.
Old 02-28-11, 07:52 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Wow, you've gone way beyond your first set up. If I remember, you had Sam at Mahdavi Motorsports replicate what he did on my car for your first set up a couple of years back, correct? How did everything turn out? This new set up is sick!!! Can't wait to see how this new build turns out.
Old 02-28-11, 08:02 PM
qphoton
Driver

Originally Posted by veritek
Wow, you've gone way beyond your first set up. If I remember, you had Sam at Mahdavi Motorsports replicate what he did on my car for your first set up a couple of years back, correct? How did everything turn out? This new set up is sick!!! Can't wait to see how this new build turns out.
Yes, Sam Mahdavi sold me turbo kit in march 2007. It was my first setup that makes 360 rwhp. Next setup was in 2009 and was tuned in winter 2009-2010, but then I couldn't win a problem with wastegate control, and later I begin my third setup with many modifications and changes.
Yes, I too ... will see
Old 03-02-11, 05:15 AM
qphoton
Driver

Just recieved my hoosiers, real width is 330mm .. huh!

Old 03-02-11, 09:31 AM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

very nice project
Old 03-02-11, 10:23 AM
kuWuPt
Advanced

Received 92 Likes on 44 Posts

wow.. nice build..
Old 03-03-11, 08:36 AM
qphoton
Driver

Default some pics ..

Have tried on a tank of dry sump system and left head light...
Tank almost on a place, we will a little more press it to the engine and we will little hoist it ...

Old 03-03-11, 09:59 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

sick build
Old 03-03-11, 10:04 AM
1GStoEnvy
Lexus Champion

oh my, i'm in love...

Quick Reply: Photon's GS300 Turbo project