Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

TBKO Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-02, 07:57 PM
Turbo'd_Wxman
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by IS300TURBO
1k....nope....

Wow, surprise another person arguing. IS300Turbo, please re-read the above statement. I said that if it is a bolt on kit, it will cost like $1,000. If it is an inhouse install only, then it is going to cost you more. Do you think it would take 2 weeks to install a bolt-on turbo kit? No, it takes less than two days. Finally, PHR hasn't released their street kit yet, so they obviously are quoting you installation and dyno tune for their stage 1 kit.

Please stop this arguing garbage and check your facts before you go making foolish statements.
Old 09-07-02, 01:41 AM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

kids if we cant play nice then we cant play at all... jk lol
Old 09-07-02, 12:36 PM
IS_Dude
Driver

chill guys...

In defense of IS300TURBO it's the StageI that PHR charges $2000 for the install. It's just that the StageI isn't a bolt on kit and that's why it's more. It's no big deal just a simple misunderstanding.

why does everyone get so defensive?

IrishIS300,
I think that SC300TURBO(jeff) has about 50k on the turbo setup on his sc300. The most miles I know of on the IS with the exception of the Toyomoto guys like Free, dt, and others.

guru22 has about 6k
TBKO had about 7K on jeff's car
OCIS 8K (I don't know what kit he has)
MrMark ???
SRT peeps ???
dt1313, and Free(on his first car) probably had a lot.
Emo how many do you have?
Various other Toyo guys.
Old 09-07-02, 10:01 PM
Turbo'd_Wxman
Pole Position

Originally posted by IS_Dude
chill guys...

In defense of IS300TURBO it's the StageI that PHR charges $2000 for the install. It's just that the StageI isn't a bolt on kit and that's why it's more. It's no big deal just a simple misunderstanding.

why does everyone get so defensive?

IrishIS300,
I think that SC300TURBO(jeff) has about 50k on the turbo setup on his sc300. The most miles I know of on the IS with the exception of the Toyomoto guys like Free, dt, and others.

guru22 has about 6k
TBKO had about 7K on jeff's car
OCIS 8K (I don't know what kit he has)
MrMark ???
SRT peeps ???
dt1313, and Free(on his first car) probably had a lot.
Emo how many do you have?
Various other Toyo guys.
Hey, I don't mind productive informative conversations. However, this has not been a productive conversation. Many of these guys just pretend they know everything and try to make others look stupid. Atleast have the correct information if you are going argue a point.
Old 09-09-02, 10:47 AM
IS300TURBO
Driver

that was my only comment in that whole argument....sorry for the misunderstanding....damn
Old 09-09-02, 01:30 PM
ro-lex
Rookie

Originally posted by Turbo'd_Wxman

Wow, surprise another person arguing. IS300Turbo, please re-read the above statement. I said that if it is a bolt on kit, it will cost like $1,000. If it is an inhouse install only, then it is going to cost you more. Do you think it would take 2 weeks to install a bolt-on turbo kit? No, it takes less than two days. Finally, PHR hasn't released their street kit yet, so they obviously are quoting you installation and dyno tune for their stage 1 kit.

Please stop this arguing garbage and check your facts before you go making foolish statements.
Damn dude, you need to chill out alittle. PHR might be a good tuner and all, but not everyone is as high up on them as you seem to be.
Old 09-09-02, 01:47 PM
isman
Pole Position

That's because his Turbo IS is by PHR. You can't blame him for being enthusiastic about his tuner.
Old 09-09-02, 04:40 PM
ro-lex
Rookie

Enthusiasm is one thing, flamming other people for even questionning PHR is another. I think Wxman falls into the latter category. Am I the only one that notices this??
Old 09-09-02, 06:21 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

PHR is a very good and solid company as is toyomoto and other shops like Sound Performance ect.. they have been werkin on Supra's and in general the 2jz motor for ages..that is where WXMAN is coming from.. that is all...I dont have a PHR turbo or a toyomoto turbo but if you do enough research on the companies you can clearly see how they would have the upper hand in the makin a good turbo kit and tuning is key and yes they can tune thier asses off....
Old 09-09-02, 07:09 PM
IS_Dude
Driver

Default new boost?

EmoDragRacer who are you trusting to do your upgrade? And what are you upgrading to btw?
Old 09-09-02, 07:22 PM
Turbo'd_Wxman
Pole Position

Originally posted by ro-lex
Enthusiasm is one thing, flamming other people for even questionning PHR is another. I think Wxman falls into the latter category. Am I the only one that notices this??
rolex, I honestly can careless what kit anyone buys. I just get annoyed when people constantly try to trash a companies reputation or when people try to make me look like I am dumb. I hate that.

This whole thing started when Sentinel said, "Well we all drive is300s not supras or sc300 or gs300 so for me at least your time with is300s is all that counts lots of shops have experience tuning supras." My response was to help those on the board that don't have enough info to decipher the truth. It is a fact that 2JZ tuners have a huge advantage over the other "Joe's" out there.

Then ISMan gets on me for the VVT-i, which emog has also confirmed is not a big deal at all. In fact, it was on the 1998 NA Supra.

Then, I try to answer Irish300's questions, and I get a "what are you an idiot" response from TurboIS300. In fact he throws the PHR quote in there. Well, put yourself in my position. That seems to me like he is saying, dude you don't know anything since even your own tuner says its more. So, I try to reclarify the point.

I appologize to everyone here if it seems like I am instigating problems. I remember only a few months ago when I knew jack about F/I cars! I learned from guys like SC300Turbo and Freelance and IS300GTE. I thought many times that some of these guys were abrasive with the exception being Fairuza (Emog). Now that I own a turbo, I realize they were never being abrasive, but trying to weed out the scam artists. Now, I am in the same position that they are in. If you guys are anything like me, you love this car so much. You probably spend hours detailing it. Sometimes when you look at the car you just are amazed that you are blessed to own this car. I love my car so much, and I would not do anything that might damage it. I am 27 years old, and this is the first new car I have ever owned. I lived a poor life for a while and I have worked very hard to be in a position to live the life I want. This car symbolizes all that hard work for me. I know it means the same to many of you and I will do everything I can to help you guys like some of the other guys who helped me. If my tone has been inappropriate, then I ask your forgiveness. However, I cannot appologize for giving information regarding PHR, Toyo, TBKO, and all the other tuners out there.

Edit: Fairuza comment below.

Last edited by Turbo'd_Wxman; 09-10-02 at 12:58 PM.
Old 09-09-02, 07:45 PM
Static911

Well said Turbo'd_Wxman.

Please keep the thread ON-TOPIC.

Thank-you,

Ethan
Old 09-09-02, 08:04 PM
IS_Dude
Driver

Wxman, You do have a lot of knowledge about what it took to get the PHR kit and you no doubt learned a ton about dealing with a tuner on getting some major things done to your car, from a relative newcomer to the HiPo industry i'm guessing. I'm sure you've learned a lot about turbo's as well and you are where a ton of people want to be. BOOSTED! Thier are quite a few people out there who know a lot about boosting like GTE, SC300, Hyper, etc... and if we take their knowlege and experieces like yours then we can make good decisions.

You do get very defensive about PHR though. It's cool though.
Old 09-10-02, 01:40 AM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

hmm well I am weighin options now.. waiting to hear back from a few ppl and lookin into finishing up my own kit... like WXMAN.. I have learned alot... not only from the boards but from talkin to tuners first hand...at this stage in the game the creation of a turbo kit is not as hard as the tuning of the kit... for that I would def. go to either Lance or jarret... two of the best 2jz tuners out there... by any means.. also Sound Performance and can tune damn well also...

I am proly not most unbaised person on the boards when it comes to Turbos.. I have dabbled with XS and tbko and they both have proven to be good places... lance and jarret are also very helpful...

the end goal here guys is to get as much info on kits as possible and use that to make your descision on buyin a kit.. if you have questions on certain things feel free to call the tuners.. or openly ask questions on the forum..like for instance the VVTI issues.. if you are on stock management.. in any way shape or form and are tryin to hit over 500 you will run into issuesbut that can be disabled and bypassed...

Marc was defensive I think mostly cause yes he has werked for his car very hard and he took offense to the comments... I understand where he is comin from I have had comments made to me about how I quickly change from kit to kit and buy and sell parts alot..I werk damn hard like the rest of ya to get the money for my car and parts.. and this is my 1st priority hence we get somewhat offended when ppl criticize what we are doing..ya know...
Old 09-10-02, 09:25 AM
isman
Pole Position

What was the topic of this thread? j/k. BTW, Emmo is not "freelance" but fairuza right? Anyways, props to all Turbo IS owners, and the enthusiasm could be misunderstood as being defensive. It's all good to give your on hand personal experience with your Turbos for the others. Just make sure that the experience you share is not biased and thus should be accurate info. so others may use it as an accurate info. I have also been involved deep into my car, but have not disclosed any specific info. yet for others to use as reference cause it not done yet.

Quick Reply: TBKO Turbo