Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

TBKO Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-02, 10:34 AM
IS300TURBO
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Turbo'd_Wxman

rolex, I honestly can careless what kit anyone buys. I just get annoyed when people constantly try to trash a companies reputation or when people try to make me look like I am dumb. I hate that.

This whole thing started when Sentinel said, "Well we all drive is300s not supras or sc300 or gs300 so for me at least your time with is300s is all that counts lots of shops have experience tuning supras." My response was to help those on the board that don't have enough info to decipher the truth. It is a fact that 2JZ tuners have a huge advantage over the other "Joe's" out there.

Then ISMan gets on me for the VVT-i, which emog has also confirmed is not a big deal at all. In fact, it was on the 1998 NA Supra.

Then, I try to answer Irish300's questions, and I get a "what are you an idiot" response from TurboIS300. In fact he throws the PHR quote in there. Well, put yourself in my position. That seems to me like he is saying, dude you don't know anything since even your own tuner says its more. So, I try to reclarify the point.

I appologize to everyone here if it seems like I am instigating problems. I remember only a few months ago when I knew jack about F/I cars! I learned from guys like SC300Turbo and Freelance and IS300GTE. I thought many times that some of these guys were abrasive with the exception being Freelance (Emog). Now that I own a turbo, I realize they were never being abrasive, but trying to weed out the scam artists. Now, I am in the same position that they are in. If you guys are anything like me, you love this car so much. You probably spend hours detailing it. Sometimes when you look at the car you just are amazed that you are blessed to own this car. I love my car so much, and I would not do anything that might damage it. I am 27 years old, and this is the first new car I have ever owned. I lived a poor life for a while and I have worked very hard to be in a position to live the life I want. This car symbolizes all that hard work for me. I know it means the same to many of you and I will do everything I can to help you guys like some of the other guys who helped me. If my tone has been inappropriate, then I ask your forgiveness. However, I cannot appologize for giving information regarding PHR, Toyo, TBKO, and all the other tuners out there.
i didnt mean it like that...you just get very defensive...you could easily just said that i was wrong and i would have said ok...sorry for the miscommunitcation...thats all it was......once again...sorry...but no need to think i meant it that way
Old 09-10-02, 01:01 PM
Turbo'd_Wxman
Pole Position

All is cool IS300Turbo, I guess I just took it the wrong way. Honestly, things always turn nasty on IS300.net and maybe sometimes I wrongly assume the same here.

For those of you who care, my car will be back in a couple of days. The car remains without standalone computer. My horsepower levels are on the PHR Engine Management ECU. It is much more than an A/F computer since it will control timing, etc.
Anyway, so this means the stock IS300 Ecu is still fully functioning on the car.
Old 09-10-02, 05:47 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

watch out for the VVTI problem... and good luck with it.. we should all be supportive in some way.. unless you jsut str8 up hate the person..I am not pushin my values onto ppl here.. but this is forum is a lil diff then .net.. I am not here to make enemies nor am I here to play gawd.. jsut tryin to keep a nice balance ya know
Old 09-10-02, 06:17 PM
IS300TURBO
Driver

All is cool IS300Turbo, I guess I just took it the wrong way. Honestly, things always turn nasty on IS300.net and maybe sometimes I wrongly assume the same here.

For those of you who care, my car will be back in a couple of days. The car remains without standalone computer. My horsepower levels are on the PHR Engine Management ECU. It is much more than an A/F computer since it will control timing, etc.
Anyway, so this means the stock IS300 Ecu is still fully functioning on the car.

haha..its cool man...and yes...i know how .NET is...its a lil crazy if you ask me...i love PHR..and actually...i think they have 1 of the cleanest setups around....good quality!
Old 09-10-02, 06:18 PM
IS300TURBO
Driver

Originally posted by EmoDragRacer
watch out for the VVTI problem... and good luck with it.. we should all be supportive in some way.. unless you jsut str8 up hate the person..I am not pushin my values onto ppl here.. but this is forum is a lil diff then .net.. I am not here to make enemies nor am I here to play gawd.. jsut tryin to keep a nice balance ya know
hey man..i love the way you have this place going....keep it up...

push anything you want to on ppl to get them to see that you dont have to be a **** to ppl....ill back you on it
Old 09-11-02, 12:08 AM
Turbo'd_Wxman
Pole Position

Originally posted by EmoDragRacer
Despite the clutch smoking out horribly, we have got to 450 rwhp at 4000 rpm, then the clutch went bye bye. Unfortunately, we could not complete the pull because mr. clutch said no more. We have yet to experience to many problems with the VVT-i.

On a side note, Jarrett's car will debut very soon, and I promise it is gonna be SICK!!! Wait until you guys see what he has done to his IS300. They are breaking it in as we speak and it should be "on a track near you soon".

Last edited by EmoDragRacer; 09-11-02 at 01:09 PM.
Old 09-11-02, 01:03 AM
MrWigggles
Rookie

I would like to add that when I shop for turbos (I have yet to buy one for my SC300) I find Dyno charts to be very helpful.

However, the most important thing to me is the average power between 4K and 6K RPM not just the peak value.

Often a tuner can tune for a high peak power figure at red-line with the side-effects of increased turbo-lag, poorer throttle response, reduced low-end torque.

And I'm trying critize any tuner in particular just merely suggesting that looking at the whole DYNO curve is way more important than looking at the single peak horsepower number.

-Mr. Wigggles
Old 09-11-02, 02:45 AM
Static911

MrWiggles,

I totally agree with you. Of course, I don't know much about turboes, but after dynoing a few intakes, you're absolutely correct about looking at an area rather than peak power.

You should check out Turbo'd_Wxman's dyno chart.

The IS300 fully spools by 3,500 RPM I believe and literally, the line is horizontal until redline. It was/is insane!

Ethan

Last edited by Static911; 09-11-02 at 02:46 AM.
Old 09-11-02, 01:10 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Despite the clutch smoking out horribly, we have got to 450 rwhp at 4000 rpm, then the clutch went bye bye. Unfortunately, we could not complete the pull because mr. clutch said no more. We have yet to experience to many problems with the VVT-i.

On a side note, Jarrett's car will debut very soon, and I promise it is gonna be SICK!!! Wait until you guys see what he has done to his IS300. They are breaking it in as we speak and it should be "on a track near you soon".

marc send me a pm or IM me.. would like to chit chat.. peace