Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

M2 Axle-back

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-11, 07:38 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Is this the same as the Top Speed Pro exhaust? Looks identical.
Old 05-28-11, 08:02 PM
nastyemu
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by inno
I just put mine in but it's poorly aligned. Anyone have tips on aligning the exhaust?
I used several heavy duty 24 inch zip ties on the rubber hangers and now mine has perfect alignment.

on the side that hung lower, I looped them directly around each rubber piece, and pulled till it was completely squished in on itself. That raised the side about .5 inches.

the other problem was that it wasn't centered left to right, so i looped another ziptie (doubled) through one rubber hanger and some metal piece (not part of the exhaust) and pulled it tight. When pulled tight, it yanks on the rubber hanger in that direction and I got it centered no problems.

None of them are touching anything that gets hot so they're good to go. I can take a picture of my masterpiece if you want
Old 05-28-11, 10:52 PM
DrockSMASH
Driver School Candidate

Had the shop do mine today... was going to try myself until i got it and realized it looked daunting, and i was short for time today.

I would have needed to go get ramps/tools/found someone to come over and assist.

Thank god i had the shop do it! It took 3 workers to get that bastard in while it was on the lift. Pretty poor fitment from the main part. Then they heated up the hangers and bent em to even it out.

Also, while it was on the lift the car died. This is the 3rd day in a row the battery died, but i always attributed it to me leaving the trunk open while the plastidip was dieing. The shop tried to sell me a new battery, but i declined and went to les schwab to have it checked, sure enough battery was rated as "bad" (still the stock battery on a 2006) so i had it replaced.

All in all, good day and I like the sound of it!
Old 05-29-11, 11:07 AM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

glad it all worked out for you bro. and all aftermarket exhaust are gonna need some tweaking to get them to fit perfect and for some reason its mostly the left side lol... glad you like it. post up pics when you can
Old 05-29-11, 11:11 AM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sffd103
Is this the same as the Top Speed Pro exhaust? Looks identical.
they are supoosed to be different but they do look the same. the top speed cost more. i never seen one in person except on a 350/370z
Old 05-29-11, 01:21 PM
inno
Rookie

For those who used zip ties or bent the hangers it would be great to see pics of what was done. My left exhaust tip sticks out too far and is too low. The right is a little in but centered well. Install is easy. An impact wrench makes a big difference with the spring bolts.

Thanks in advance for pics on the hanger situation guys.
Old 05-31-11, 01:21 PM
leftyjohn
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Installed mine this weekend. Less than 1/2 hr to install. Prob at least 1/2 hr to "adjust" and like Inno my left side sticks out about 1/2" more than the rite. System seems louder than audio clip and wasnt packaged well. Tips have some marks,one had some black crud on it and left side has a ding.
Had system half on before unwrapping the left side so I wasnt about to remove it pack it up and take it back 80 miles to my house.
But it does sound good when I blip it on a downshift (M/T)
If I had it all to do over, I wouldnt.But I guess thats what you get when buying a cheapo system.
Old 05-31-11, 06:07 PM
Stylnhonda
Lexus Test Driver

My left side sticks out to far as well. Trying to think how to bend a hanger so the exhaust goes in more flush with the bumper!
Old 05-31-11, 10:47 PM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by leftyjohn
Installed mine this weekend. Less than 1/2 hr to install. Prob at least 1/2 hr to "adjust" and like Inno my left side sticks out about 1/2" more than the rite. System seems louder than audio clip and wasnt packaged well. Tips have some marks,one had some black crud on it and left side has a ding.
Had system half on before unwrapping the left side so I wasnt about to remove it pack it up and take it back 80 miles to my house.
But it does sound good when I blip it on a downshift (M/T)
If I had it all to do over, I wouldnt.But I guess thats what you get when buying a cheapo system.
damn thats crazy you had marks and dings on the setup before you even got it on. that sucks. mine was packed well and i dont have the problem of one pipe sticking out to far. mine are flush. i had to adjust to center the left one but thats it. well i hope you enjoy it bro. does sound good for the money

Originally Posted by Stylnhonda
My left side sticks out to far as well. Trying to think how to bend a hanger so the exhaust goes in more flush with the bumper!
mine dont do that. sorry to hear that.
Old 06-01-11, 07:14 AM
nastyemu
Driver

Originally Posted by inno
For those who used zip ties or bent the hangers it would be great to see pics of what was done. My left exhaust tip sticks out too far and is too low. The right is a little in but centered well. Install is easy. An impact wrench makes a big difference with the spring bolts.

Thanks in advance for pics on the hanger situation guys.
I'll take a pic for you tonight hopefully if I have time.
Old 06-02-11, 03:18 PM
hoser813
Driver

I had a shop put the exhaust on for me since they were doing some other work at the time and I had them throw that in too. They called to say that it wasnt fitting up to the stock midpipe perfectly because the stocker has a bit of a cone to the end of it? Has anyone had any fitment issues like this? Any issues with leaking? They said that as it sits now there are no leaks, but they cant guarantee anything in the future happening.
Old 06-02-11, 11:28 PM
liquidfuel
Driver School Candidate

I got one almost 2 months ago for $200. At first, it was a bit loud for me but I'm used to it now and I think it sounds awesome.

Old 06-03-11, 07:37 PM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by hoser813
I had a shop put the exhaust on for me since they were doing some other work at the time and I had them throw that in too. They called to say that it wasnt fitting up to the stock midpipe perfectly because the stocker has a bit of a cone to the end of it? Has anyone had any fitment issues like this? Any issues with leaking? They said that as it sits now there are no leaks, but they cant guarantee anything in the future happening.
its fine bro just bolt up the spring loaded bolts and you are good to go
Originally Posted by liquidfuel
I got one almost 2 months ago for $200. At first, it was a bit loud for me but I'm used to it now and I think it sounds awesome.

nice looking ride bro i got the same color
Old 06-07-11, 10:14 AM
mjh09e
Lexus Test Driver

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

^^^^That fitment looks better than the F-Sport to me! Tips look like they fit the car and the openings a lot better too. Congrats
Old 06-08-11, 06:22 AM
hoser813
Driver

Easily the best $200 I've spent. The quality is great, fitment is damn near perfect, and the sound is exactly what I was looking for. Something deep and more aggressive without being overly loud or annoying. There is hardly any drone (every exhaust have more drone than stock on the highway) and is very well mannered. My only gripe is I wish it would be a tad louder at WOT high rpms.

Quick Reply: M2 Axle-back