Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

M2 Axle-back

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-11, 08:41 AM
Stylnhonda
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The exhaust is just what I would expect for the price of it. I did not expect anything real nice, or with great fitment for the price. IMO that's exactly what I got.

It does look like it's made cheaper than my Greddy. The piping, the welds, the mufflers especially. Fitment was off on mine on the left side, it stuck out farther than the right muffler and it also hung off a bit.

In the end, I could not deal with it. I had to get something nicer. Will never look back after buying the Greddy SE. Great fitment, great sound, great look and quality.

Also my M2, had a lot of surface rust on it for the few months I had it.
Old 12-30-11, 08:50 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Stylnhonda
The exhaust is just what I would expect for the price of it. I did not expect anything real nice, or with great fitment for the price. IMO that's exactly what I got.

It does look like it's made cheaper than my Greddy. The piping, the welds, the mufflers especially. Fitment was off on mine on the left side, it stuck out farther than the right muffler and it also hung off a bit.

In the end, I could not deal with it. I had to get something nicer. Will never look back after buying the Greddy SE. Great fitment, great sound, great look and quality.

Also my M2, had a lot of surface rust on it for the few months I had it.
I feel you get what you play for in most cases.
Old 12-30-11, 09:20 AM
Stylnhonda
Lexus Test Driver

I agree in most cases. Car forums are funny. I've had 3 S2000's in the past and everyone was going crazy over the Password JDM Kevlar Intake. Everyone loved it, said they could actually feel the power etc. So I spent the $1,200 on it and hated it. It looked cool, but fitment was not perfect, sound was less than a nice open air filter intake etc. Sold it a week later! Maybe I'm just ****!
Old 12-30-11, 09:41 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Stylnhonda
I agree in most cases. Car forums are funny. I've had 3 S2000's in the past and everyone was going crazy over the Password JDM Kevlar Intake. Everyone loved it, said they could actually feel the power etc. So I spent the $1,200 on it and hated it. It looked cool, but fitment was not perfect, sound was less than a nice open air filter intake etc. Sold it a week later! Maybe I'm just ****!
The placebo effect hits a lot of people.
Look at those who say they feel a difference with a drop in K&N air filter.
Old 12-30-11, 07:40 PM
Fuzzie
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it looks a lot like the tanabe exhuast but is louder. well, its only louder at low rpms. the exhaust sounds really nice, but is nowhere as quiet as the tanabe or greddy.

if you want a little louder than the tanabe or greddy, then get the M2.

i think from quiet to loudest (axel back exhausts) are tanabe, greddy, m2, fsport, and hks hi power.
Old 01-01-12, 12:18 PM
juvi22003
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I wanna buy an exhaust on Tuesday and there are so many bad comments and issues on the M2 and Top speed i really don't wanna go thru all this problem to install an exhaust. anybody know if the Tsudo is any good?
Old 01-01-12, 03:11 PM
CarbonDtls
Lead Lap

Juvi how many of the same posts are you gonna make?

I had the M2 fitment was perfect and did not have any issues.
Have Tanabe now only because I got a good deal on it.
Old 01-02-12, 04:38 PM
Stylnhonda
Lexus Test Driver

Mine did not fit good. I'd just get a nice exhaust or you may be buying another exhaust soon if you don't like the M2.
Old 01-02-12, 05:40 PM
LamTheSham
Pole Position

Still in for sound clips of the M2 + Invidia... :P
Old 01-03-12, 06:27 AM
juvi22003
Lead Lap

I think i will be getting the Tanabe....and still looking forward to the sound clip for the M2+Invidia....
Old 01-03-12, 03:43 PM
2soonJR
Driver

Just got the invidia midpipes today and i should have video clip up soon.... sometime tomorrow

but as far as fitment on the M2 exhaust, it was fine (everything lined up evenly) but the sound for me was to low, needed more roar!
Old 01-04-12, 03:48 PM
Uda880
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just ordered it from surewinproducts. $230 shipped. Although if you're in SoCal, there is another distributor that you can pick up directly from that sells it for $220 + $20 (pick-up fee) and sales tax. The total ends up being what you would pay for surewinproducts shipped.
Old 01-05-12, 08:27 AM
juvi22003
Lead Lap

I decided not to go the cheap route, I ordered the Tanabe from gotoracingonline.com
Best and lowest price, call or email Kris he will hook you up. He also got a special this month on the Invida Mid-pipes.
Old 01-05-12, 08:45 AM
LamTheSham
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 2soonJR
Just got the invidia midpipes today and i should have video clip up soon.... sometime tomorrow

but as far as fitment on the M2 exhaust, it was fine (everything lined up evenly) but the sound for me was to low, needed more roar!
Invidia should change that! Can't wait for the clip. I'm looking for something quiet, but can roar at the mids/highs. :P

Since this exhaust is supposedly a Tanabe clone, I looked up Tanabe + Invidia, and there's this one white IS250 on youtube with that setup, and it sounds great, so hopefully, the M2 and the Invidia sound like that.
Old 01-05-12, 10:19 AM
2soonJR
Driver

Originally Posted by LamTheSham
Invidia should change that! Can't wait for the clip. I'm looking for something quiet, but can roar at the mids/highs. :P

Since this exhaust is supposedly a Tanabe clone, I looked up Tanabe + Invidia, and there's this one white IS250 on youtube with that setup, and it sounds great, so hopefully, the M2 and the Invidia sound like that.
clip is up https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...-midpipes.html

Quick Reply: M2 Axle-back