Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

M2 Axle-back

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-11, 05:22 PM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just ordered one last night i will post up a good vid soon as i get it. he shipped it already and it will be here saturday
Old 05-04-11, 07:48 PM
pli
Lead Lap

also let us know on the fitment. was reading some reviews of other products from this seller not fitting properly but most of the stuff not fitting are headers.
Old 05-05-11, 12:32 AM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by pli
also let us know on the fitment. was reading some reviews of other products from this seller not fitting properly but most of the stuff not fitting are headers.
got you bro i will post up a good overall unbiased review of this product. he already shipped it out and i will have it the 7th of this month. so far he is ultra fast on the customer service and shipping side of the business. the 7th is saturday i will have up a review by monday after i drive around for about 200 miles or so. i got a trip planned to go to galveston from houston this weekend so that soud give me enough time and miles to get a good feel for the sound and drone effect. my friend has a actual tanabe so i plan on comparing to his also this weekend.
Old 05-07-11, 03:17 PM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

i got the exhaust today. i never have bought a knock off exhaust before. i have had all name brand exhaust on all my car and i must say the build quality is pretty damn close to my old tananbe i had on a gs300 and my borla off my 350z. i will post up pics of the exhaust . i might even put it on tonight but for sure in the morning

and i must say that the seller is amazingly fast on the shipping. i live in houston ,ordered tuesday night and it was here saturday morning. and packaged properly
Old 05-07-11, 07:36 PM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

i got it installed and it fit 98 percent like i wanted it to. i am pretty impressed with this 200 dollar investment. everything bolted up like it was supposed to. the right muffler is perfectly in the right place the left muffler is off center to the right by less then a quarter inch. but i heard this happens with name brand exhaust also. it happened to me with my borla on my 350z. nothing a slight tweek wont fix. i was running out of daylight so i didnt mess with it. and the muffler sounded just as good as my friends tanabe. i am post pics/video sound clips and do a small right in a seperate thread so those people on a tight budget can make a informed decision.
Old 05-07-11, 07:55 PM
pli
Lead Lap

post up video when you can! excited to hear.
Old 05-08-11, 02:32 PM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

hey what are you guys using to make videos for exhaust i tried my iphone and you cant here anything even at full acceleration. sounds good to my ears but the phone isnt picking it up. it will pick up just the start up and reving cause i have it right at the back of the car. but any exhaust sound better under a load. and this is the first exhaust i have ever had that has absolutely no drone at all when driving at hwy speeds of 65-80 mph.
Old 05-08-11, 03:01 PM
pli
Lead Lap

have one person outside holding your iphone near the exhaust or set it somewhere facing the exhaust. and then do a few rev's, maybe revs up to 3k rpm. revs to 5k rpm. and then near redline rev.
Old 05-08-11, 06:58 PM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

this is the best my iphone would get. my wife was pretty damn close to the car also. it wasnt that loud on my cpu but when i used my headphones instead of the laptop speakers it sounded better. i did a start up and idle video and a take off video and a fly by video. i am sure the sound gets better once i do the airbox mod

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCScA...e_gdata_player
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCjzV...e_gdata_player
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQVf6...e_gdata_player
Old 05-08-11, 07:57 PM
peterhx123
Driver School Candidate

Sounds great! Mine came in last week but my car is still on the paint shop. Will get it tomorrow tho :d what kind of intake your considering on puting on? I will set up with K&N typhoon. But im impressed with the quality of the exhaust, looks great and know i can see it sounds great for a $250 exhaust.
Old 05-08-11, 08:08 PM
Silkky
Lead Lap

Sounds good!
Old 05-08-11, 08:46 PM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by peterhx123
Sounds great! Mine came in last week but my car is still on the paint shop. Will get it tomorrow tho :d what kind of intake your considering on puting on? I will set up with K&N typhoon. But im impressed with the quality of the exhaust, looks great and know i can see it sounds great for a $250 exhaust.
yeah man if you got one you will be very happy with it once you install it. it reminds me of my remus exhaust on my 2008 cls 550 , i miss that car. damn 18 wheeler ran into the back of me and totaled it in january. i have always been a fan of buying authentic products, this is the first car that i decided to fix up on a budget with replica stuff except for the rims.(i would never skimp on the rims lol but i also think your rim budget shouldnt be more then 5-8% of your cars cost. i dont believe in wasting money or overspending) my friends 2006 is250 has a set of 7800 dollar hre rims on it. i own a 2005 f430 also with some ashanti rims on it and they only cost 6000 so go figure. lol
anyway back on track....
but after buying this exhaust and a jp lip kit that is a replica. i am starting to second guess if its a good idea to always splurge on authentic items just to say you got the real thing or get a cool badge. i believe if you can cut corners and it still looks good by all means do it. i understand some people getting all authentic cause they own a shop or represent one or go to shows/drag race etc.... but for a daily driver i think its ok to get good quality replicas. and this m2 exhaust is something i would put in that catagory.200 bucks and the sound of a tanabe is the best bargain i ever had in the car world. but if you looking for power i dont think you get any from the m2. the response seems to be better but my is250 is just as slow as it was before i added the exhaust lmao.

and peter i plan on just getting a joez and doing the airbox mod(cut a hole in the side of it like the fsport). i use this car to drive to see my clients so i just want it mildly modded and very reliable. your car sshould sound awesome with that intake and exhaust. post up when you get it on
Old 05-08-11, 09:58 PM
Virulent
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the review and the videos.

I think I'm gonna go with an M2 exhaust as well. The IS350 is plenty fast for me, so I just want to have a little better soundtrack.
Old 05-08-11, 10:27 PM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Virulent
Thanks for the review and the videos.

I think I'm gonna go with an M2 exhaust as well. The IS350 is plenty fast for me, so I just want to have a little better soundtrack.
yeah i drove the is350 ... it has some spunk. i bet the exhaust note is gonna be even better on yours.

Last edited by stasis3131; 05-08-11 at 10:31 PM.
Old 05-08-11, 10:55 PM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

here are some pics of the packaging and the muffler itself so you can judge the build quality

Quick Reply: M2 Axle-back