Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

M2 Axle-back

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-13, 10:42 PM
merk50
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got mine last week. I did a res delete and love it. As far as cleaning, I take it to the car wash every week and it comes out super shiny. Best bang for your buck.
Old 06-11-13, 05:16 PM
sbadd99
Driver School Candidate

arrived and fitted up, looks good sounds great dosn't spoil the car
Left tip still needs some work, seems to be a common issue over the years that still hasnt been sorted, but for the money bloody great buy
Old 06-19-13, 12:49 PM
andy350
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Got my m2 with resonator delete installed today at local muffler shop for $75.
Do NOT try to install this yourself.
They had to cut the end piece to make it fit properly.
He had sparks flying everywhere while using that tool to cut it.
Then he had to bend the hangers to adjust it because left driver side was hanging lower.
Took him 45 minutes to install and adjust and he does this everyday for a living at his muffler shop.

The fitting issue should have been fixed by now...it's 2013...and people have been complaining about this issue since over 3 years.

Also the tips need to be improved...need to be more smoother and rounded instead of looking like someone just cut it...

But Overall...sounds 1000 times better...but u must do the resonator delete to make it sound like this.
Also, i feel like it has little more power...feels more like a sports car now.
Definately recommend...but don't install it yourself...
Very happy!!!
Old 06-19-13, 12:53 PM
andy350
Intermediate

Forgot to post my question...
I hear a little on and off rattling noise when i slow down to like 10 mph.
Anyone else have this problem...
Seems like its coming from rear passenger side...
Checked under car...but can't figure out what it is...

At stand still, don't hear the rattle...

What could it be???
Old 06-19-13, 08:46 PM
merk50
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by andy350
Then he had to bend the hangers to adjust it because left driver side was hanging lower.
Took him 45 minutes to install and adjust and he does this everyday for a living at his muffler shop.

The fitting issue should have been fixed by now...it's 2013...and people have been complaining about this issue since over 3 years.

Also the tips need to be improved...need to be more smoother and rounded instead of looking like someone just cut it...

But Overall...sounds 1000 times better...but u must do the resonator delete to make it sound like this.
Very happy!!!

Totally agree with res delete and there was no shot I was doing it and messing something up so I just paid $80 for some garage to do it. Hangers needed to be bent for a proper fit as well.

No rattle here.
Old 06-20-13, 05:30 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Very happy!!!
Well technically your right, you got an extra 5-7hp, but you cant feel it. The sound of the exhaust is whats making you think that, or in other words your butt dyno.

I used to have a resonator delete before I got my invidia midpipe and i hated it, too much rasp
Old 06-20-13, 05:36 AM
andy350
Intermediate

what difference did adding invidia midpipe make?

Is it still the same loudness minus the rasp sound?

How much for the midpipe and how much for installation?

thanks
Old 06-20-13, 06:29 AM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

what difference did adding invidia midpipe make?

Is it still the same loudness minus the rasp sound?

How much for the midpipe and how much for installation?

thanks
I think it was louder. I used to have a Fsport exhaust + resonator delete and it was loud and raspy. Then I added the invidia midpipes and it was just as loud (maybe a bit louder) but was still too high pitched for my taste. I then got the HKS Hi-Power exhaust and it was incredible. Loud, deep, and zero rasp all throughout the RPM range.

I paid ~$300 from a vendor and had a buddy do the install. Shops should only charge an hour of labor as it doesnt take that long.
Old 07-16-13, 10:46 AM
Ramjet44
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just got an M2 exhaust axelback system for my 07 is350. I'm having a problem trying to figure out how to connect it to my existing tail pipe. The hole in the gasket isn't big enough to go around what is there. I think I am supposed to use the old hardware with the spring around the bolt but I'm having a hard time getting the bolt started with the spring on it. I assume I am supposed to leave the old doughnut gasket in place and not use the gasket they sent. The bolts they sent won't work with the existing weld nut in place. Everyone talks about how easy the install is, but I'm having this problem. I have the system all hung in place and it looks good. Can anyone help?
Old 07-16-13, 12:17 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

You have to push the bolt a bit. I did install lot of them and never have problem with the bolts.
Old 07-16-13, 05:14 PM
ILL250
Driver

I had a hard time getting my oem bolts in but it eventually started going in after pushing it in a bit.
Old 07-17-13, 08:45 AM
An2ny
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ramjet44
I just got an M2 exhaust axelback system for my 07 is350. I'm having a problem trying to figure out how to connect it to my existing tail pipe. The hole in the gasket isn't big enough to go around what is there. I think I am supposed to use the old hardware with the spring around the bolt but I'm having a hard time getting the bolt started with the spring on it. I assume I am supposed to leave the old doughnut gasket in place and not use the gasket they sent. The bolts they sent won't work with the existing weld nut in place. Everyone talks about how easy the install is, but I'm having this problem. I have the system all hung in place and it looks good. Can anyone help?
Take a picture of the issue if you can.
Old 07-17-13, 11:26 AM
allicedout
Rookie

Originally Posted by Ramjet44
Where did you buy it from and how much did it cost? I know the OP said he got it for $200 off ebay but that seller can't be found and this thread was started in 2011 so I assume that info is a little dated. If anyone can tell me where they ordered from with the price that would be appreciated. I'm in Ontario, Canada but will just have it shipped to Buffalo or pay the shipping and have it sent to me directly.

Thanks.
Old 07-17-13, 01:30 PM
bob4256
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by allicedout
Where did you buy it from and how much did it cost? I know the OP said he got it for $200 off ebay but that seller can't be found and this thread was started in 2011 so I assume that info is a little dated. If anyone can tell me where they ordered from with the price that would be appreciated. I'm in Ontario, Canada but will just have it shipped to Buffalo or pay the shipping and have it sent to me directly.

Thanks.
Have you searched for "Lexus is250 m2 exhaust" on eBay? There are tons for sale....

And you won't find it for that price new due to supply and demand
Old 07-24-13, 09:08 AM
allicedout
Rookie

Originally Posted by bob4256
Have you searched for "Lexus is250 m2 exhaust" on eBay? There are tons for sale....

And you won't find it for that price new due to supply and demand
Thanks, I found a seller with one for $264.00, shipping and duties and taxes come to approx $100 so not bad having it shipped to my door for $364.00. Have to factor in living in Canada and paying a little extra to get it over the border. I think I'm going to order mine this weekend. Hoping for no or absolute minimal drone at this point, my last car was a 2005 Mustang GT S/C that had muffler deletes with a hi flow catted x-pipe, after hitting boost it sounded like a nucluer explosion just occured!! I enjoy the drivabilty of the Lexus and want to try and maintain that as best I can.

Quick Reply: M2 Axle-back