Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

D5 Concept Exhaust? Legit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-11, 02:50 AM
A_Grasso
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks like the hks but sounds weak compared to it lol. Good price tho. Whatever makes u happy bro!
Old 08-07-11, 09:47 AM
CleverName
Pole Position

Keep in mind that most of these exhausts are illegal in many many states...
Something many younger car owners fail to look into before buying.

Amazing how many posts I read with someone "whining" about a ticket when the law get enforced. (And of course it is ALWAYS the Officer that is the bad guy for you not knowing your state laws. )

V
Old 08-08-11, 06:33 AM
TheSenator
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CleverName
Keep in mind that most of these exhausts are illegal in many many states...
Something many younger car owners fail to look into before buying.

Amazing how many posts I read with someone "whining" about a ticket when the law get enforced. (And of course it is ALWAYS the Officer that is the bad guy for you not knowing your state laws. )

V
Are you speaking to decibel levels or emissions?
Old 08-08-11, 06:31 PM
CleverName
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TheSenator
Are you speaking to decibel levels or emissions?
My main reference was to decibels.
There is no way to harm emissions with just a cat-back system.

Noise pollution is becoming a big problem, and it is wonderful to see Law Enforcement finally cracking down on aftermarket exhausts. I'm actually hoping they make it illegal for muffler shops to install them, just like it is illegal to sell cigarettes to children.

V
Old 08-08-11, 06:55 PM
A_Grasso
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CleverName
My main reference was to decibels.
There is no way to harm emissions with just a cat-back system.

Noise pollution is becoming a big problem, and it is wonderful to see Law Enforcement finally cracking down on aftermarket exhausts. I'm actually hoping they make it illegal for muffler shops to install them, just like it is illegal to sell cigarettes to children.

V
Even if they made it illegal to install aftermarket exhausts, many people would still do it. I don't see why many car enthusiasts should suffer because a small percent of people don't like "loud" cars.
Old 08-08-11, 08:10 PM
CleverName
Pole Position

Originally Posted by A_Grasso
Even if they made it illegal to install aftermarket exhausts, many people would still do it. I don't see why many car enthusiasts should suffer because a small percent of people don't like "loud" cars.
Not saying it wouldn't get done in a home garage, just saying that if your state laws says it is illegal to "install" a loud exhaust, then a muffler shop should be held accountable for breaking those laws along with the car owner.

Louder than factory is illegal in many states and growing...

Just sayin...
Old 08-08-11, 08:15 PM
A_Grasso
Lexus Test Driver

^ any little thing done to a car nowadays is illegal. I doubt states will ever be able to strictly enforce "illegal modification" laws
Old 08-09-11, 12:33 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

In CA long as your exhaust is under 95 DB you are ok
Old 08-09-11, 05:54 AM
TheSenator
Pole Position

I think everyone has a good point. I equate it to the tint arguement. A certain % of tint is illegal in all states. Some shops will turn you away, some people still get it done. Just be aware that if you get stopped, there's a reason and your consequence.

Back on topic.....who's got vids of this D5 or the M2 exhaust? Seems like a few people have gotten these recently...
Old 08-09-11, 11:16 PM
MonsterIS
Rookie

^^ im getting mine in the mail tomorrow but wont get it installed until Friday. Will get videos and pics soon of my M2 exhaust...!!!
Old 08-10-11, 06:24 AM
TheSenator
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MonsterIS
^^ im getting mine in the mail tomorrow but wont get it installed until Friday. Will get videos and pics soon of my M2 exhaust...!!!
Nice! Been waiting for some good vids of this exhaust. I'm hoping its deep and just a bit louder than stock, not raspy or loud drone.

Keep us posted Monster!
Old 08-10-11, 11:11 PM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

I am the guy with the m2 vids on YouTube .... Sorry u can't Hear them all that well...I used my iPhone 4 not the greatest video sound in the world from it. But for the value I liked the exhaust I didn't expect much anyway...I just wanted a little growl... Nothing I hate more then a loud aggressive car that is slow as a turtle lol... But I would guess this exhaust is the same as a m2 except the cans are shaped like a hks... And for 130 you can't really lose even if you don't like it it's only 130... I have spent more on shoes ,
And the guy that said Lexus owners are label *****s he is telling the truth lol.
Old 08-11-11, 11:04 AM
Laid_Out
Driver

is there a difference between sus304 and t-304?

http://www.d5concepts.com/1-mu-lxis25061-a10.html

Is this what you're talking about? I don't like the round canisters as it's a bit on the ricey side. I prefer the oval mufflers but the price is pretty low. Looking at the piping though, the bend into the muffler doesn't even look mandrel bent. It looks like it it was put in a regular tube bender and as the piping diameter is smaller at the bend

Last edited by Laid_Out; 08-11-11 at 11:09 AM.
Old 08-11-11, 11:33 AM
TheSenator
Pole Position

Originally Posted by stasis3131
I am the guy with the m2 vids on YouTube .... Sorry u can't Hear them all that well...I used my iPhone 4 not the greatest video sound in the world from it. But for the value I liked the exhaust I didn't expect much anyway...I just wanted a little growl... Nothing I hate more then a loud aggressive car that is slow as a turtle lol... But I would guess this exhaust is the same as a m2 except the cans are shaped like a hks... And for 130 you can't really lose even if you don't like it it's only 130... I have spent more on shoes ,
And the guy that said Lexus owners are label *****s he is telling the truth lol.
Good point about the shoes. lol.
I'm guessing you already switched catbacks???
I'm in downtown Htown too.
Old 08-12-11, 09:06 AM
Laid_Out
Driver

Originally Posted by GiantsFan
In CA long as your exhaust is under 95 DB you are ok
that's not going to stop you from getting a ticket, a modified exhaust is a modified exhaust. The likeliness of getting pulled over is just less since you're attracting less attention.

Quick Reply: D5 Concept Exhaust? Legit?