Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Alternative Intake Piping Solution

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-11 | 01:47 PM
pli
Lead Lap

Default Alternative Intake Piping Solution

So i made my own intake using leftover 2.75inch pipings from my brothers turbo.

but i realized i kinda need to have a vacuum hole or i use one of these little intake thingies on the engine end of it

So then i tried to research on some other intake piping available and came across this:

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...er=245770_0_0_

the piping is very similar to the joe z and f sport piping, and it has a vacuum hole for the vacuum lines.

credits to pingu because i found this intake through his thread AND its 3"!https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...for-gs300.html

would anyone be up for trying this? its just as good as the joe z and f sport since its basically identical.
Old 05-18-11 | 02:14 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Your best bet would be to follow pingu's diy. It is a lot like the PLP intake, or the Joez intake for the IS300s, 2IS', ISF's, etc. Then just do a high flowing drop in filter of your choice and you should be good to go.

This method is best I think because it retains the factory air box and you don't have to worry about the MAF sensor. Good luck .

EDIT: I just realized this question was about an IS250, not a IS300 like I originally thought.

Last edited by mex lex; 05-18-11 at 02:19 PM.
Old 05-18-11 | 02:14 PM
IS35O
Pole Position

F-Sport is 3 1/8" ID and JoeZ is 3" ID.
If its close to that and its your car, they are all pretty much the same.
Old 05-19-11 | 10:03 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Arrow

Originally Posted by pli
So i made my own intake using leftover 2.75inch pipings from my brothers turbo.

would anyone be up for trying this? its just as good as the joe z and f sport since its basically identical.
The only issue I see is that its really not desgined to fit or work for the IS250/IS350..

I mean great job on your DIY project and all, but it's really not identical (in a good way).

Regards,

Joe Z
Old 05-19-11 | 06:30 PM
machefai
Driver

After much online research, here's the direction I was headed before I just shamefully gave up and bought a blue joez pipe: http://www.treadstoneperformance.com...rcooler+Piping

Athough i will say, I'm def happy with my purchase....just hate giving up on things!

But good luck with your custom mod! This should be a great and cheap alternative! Can't beat $25 for some nice qual pipe like this!