Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2JZGTE swap has begun

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-11 | 08:47 PM
Htowncory
Rookie

Originally Posted by SlvrGS300
that grey plug is for the factory immobilizer. you dont need that.

i had to rearrange the pins in my jumper plug to make my shift lock work

SlvrGS300 - any info on what pins I need to switch around? I cant get my shift lock to release and any info you can help me with would be appreciated!
Old 05-25-11 | 08:58 PM
SlvrGS300
Lead Lap

When I did my swap, I had to swap the pins in the grey plug with the black jumper to the right of the orange plug in this pic.

If I remember correct, I used the GS jumper on the Aristo plug because I didn't get the jumper or it was broken or something.

Then you have to rearrange the pins in the plug to make it look like it does in this pic.

once you do that the dash lights light up and the shiftlock will release the shifter.

Hope this helps,

Ryan
Old 05-25-11 | 10:07 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

another 4 door Supra.... Nice
Old 05-26-11 | 06:13 AM
Burton
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Htowncory
Burton - ive checked out the orange plug you showed me and my shifter is still locked.

Guys, what is this connector used for ?

There is no plug on my Aristo pcm for this wiring/plug. The stock gs300 pcm has a connector for it but not the Aristo pcm.
You do not use the plug in your hand.

I believe silverGS is correct and I had my plugs wrong. It is the one to the right of the Orange plug as he states. I did this swap over 5 years ago and my memory just isn't what it use to be. If you look in my pictures the plug in my car is gray and is what came with my Aristo front clip.

I will try to get some pictures up of the other connector as soon as I can but I will not be home untill late tonight.

Sorry for the miss information but I am getting old

Ben

Last edited by Burton; 05-26-11 at 06:19 AM.
Old 05-26-11 | 09:09 PM
Htowncory
Rookie

I am still not able to get my shift selector out of park and its one of the only things really holding me back from driving my car.

So, any advice you guys can give me, especially any details on the pin/wiring swap for the shift selector Id really appreciate it.

Thanks guys

Cory
Old 05-27-11 | 01:10 PM
vanquish2
Rookie

Hey guys....its great to see everyone helping each other out.....you don't see this on most forums....

I've done the Nissan thing years ago before everyone had SR's....sold it to get out of debt but when my wife said she missed my BOV a couple weeks ago I knew I had to do something new.

I am getting ready to do this swap and want to know if there is a good prep thread on here to help me make sure I have all my ducks in a row....

I'll be following this thread as well.....also, I work at a Lexus dealership and I'm more then welcome to helping with anything I can......thanks in advance guys!
Old 05-27-11 | 05:50 PM
SlvrGS300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by vanquish2
Hey guys....its great to see everyone helping each other out.....you don't see this on most forums....

I've done the Nissan thing years ago before everyone had SR's....sold it to get out of debt but when my wife said she missed my BOV a couple weeks ago I knew I had to do something new.

I am getting ready to do this swap and want to know if there is a good prep thread on here to help me make sure I have all my ducks in a row....

I'll be following this thread as well.....also, I work at a Lexus dealership and I'm more then welcome to helping with anything I can......thanks in advance guys!
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...it-begins.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...e-for-now.html

Last edited by SlvrGS300; 05-27-11 at 05:57 PM.
Old 05-28-11 | 05:27 PM
SBM2jLEX
Driver

I was having the same problems man lol. And actually one of my resources for when i was doing this swap was SlvrGS300's build threads! Some good info there and all over this site.
Old 06-07-11 | 08:55 PM
Htowncory
Rookie

Its running, I can get the car out of park, and sounds healthy.

Only issues im still having :
1) Car is running PIG rich. No higher than 12's and goes straight to 10's (or lower) with any acceleration. There must be something fuel wise different between my stock GS300 fuel pump/regulator and the 2jzgte fuel system thats causing it to run so rich.

Im going to search around to find out what else I need to do to my fuel system to prevent it from running so rich.

2) traction light is on (couldnt get the traction system to work, bah, guess Ill just have to pull the bulbs in the cluster)
Old 06-07-11 | 09:06 PM
Wicked GS
Lead Lap

That's normal for them to run rich, Toyota programs them to run on the richer side, cruising Im between 14.7-15.1 on the A/F ... when I nail it, it goes to 10.0 but levels off

Its running, I can get the car out of park, and sounds healthy.

Only issues im still having :
1) Car is running PIG rich. No higher than 12's and goes straight to 10's (or lower) with any acceleration. There must be something fuel wise different between my stock GS300 fuel pump/regulator and the 2jzgte fuel system thats causing it to run so rich.

Im going to search around to find out what else I need to do to my fuel system to prevent it from running so rich.

2) traction light is on (couldnt get the traction system to work, bah, guess Ill just have to pull the bulbs in the cluster)
Old 06-07-11 | 09:08 PM
Htowncory
Rookie

Originally Posted by Blu SC3
That's normal for them to run rich, Toyota programs them to run on the richer side, cruising Im between 14.7-15.1 on the A/F ... when I nail it, it goes to 10.0 but levels off
This is not rich.

Its UBER rich.

I have never seen my guage go higher than 12. Even cruising its like.. 11.3.

When it idles its like.. 10-11's and I can see black smoke (unburnt fuel) dumping out the exhaust.

Something is wrong, I can only imagine that my stock gs300 fuel pressure regulator is somehow increasing the fuel pressure higher than what the aristo 2jzgte needs.
Old 06-07-11 | 09:27 PM
Wicked GS
Lead Lap

This is not rich.

Its UBER rich.

I have never seen my guage go higher than 12. Even cruising its like.. 11.3.

When it idles its like.. 10-11's and I can see black smoke (unburnt fuel) dumping out the exhaust.

Something is wrong, I can only imagine that my stock gs300 fuel pressure regulator is somehow increasing the fuel pressure higher than what the aristo 2jzgte needs.
Yeah I have the same problem, dumping a lot of fuel ... I'm planning on running a Super AFC just to lean it out a little, but you seem to have a bigger issue on your hands ... some of the local guys have the same A/F numbers as me.
Old 06-08-11 | 01:29 AM
jacksonvp
Pole Position

Because of the difference in driveline's between USDM and JDM GTE are you still able to use the USDM GE transmission crossmember/mount?
Old 06-08-11 | 06:02 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

I would try the O2 sensors first, i think i have seen that issue before.
Old 06-08-11 | 06:53 AM
Bippu147
Lexus Test Driver

is your stock O2 plugged in?

Quick Reply: 2JZGTE swap has begun