Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2JZGTE swap has begun

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-11, 08:13 PM
Burton
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bippu147
I don't assume like other people on here. Everything I post is factual information.
Was that a crack at me? I try to help people the best I can when I make mistakes i am the first to admit it. I did my swap on my own over five years ago with no help from anyone on this board or any other for that matter. If it wasn't sorry but kinda felt that way.

now the fuel gauge, do you know what is different about the TRD gauge. The fuel system uses a resistive feed back from two sending units one on each side of the tank. This does not change when you swap the motor. I can not find anywhere the gauge goes through the ECU. Your solution is good but I like to see my speed in MPH.

Thanks
Old 07-08-11, 09:26 AM
Bippu147
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Definitely wasn't a crack at you....just sick of seeing people post wrong information on here time and time again, ESPECIALLY in these swap threads.

To be honest, i found that fix by a fluke. In Canada our speeds are all KM/H, and I wanted the TRD Cluster. I bought Kipod's and swapped it in, and then I noticed the fuel gauge worked perfectly.

I never actually attempted to fix the problem, i just kept track of my mileage.
Old 07-08-11, 11:20 AM
Burton
Pole Position

OK thanks for the info I will try and track down what is different with the TRD and Aristo units, and i totally agree with you about the information out there on the swap.

Ben
Old 07-08-11, 11:30 AM
Bippu147
Lexus Test Driver

Would be nice to find a fix for it. Hopefully you can figure it out.
Old 07-08-11, 11:38 AM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Burton
OK thanks for the info I will try and track down what is different with the TRD and Aristo units, and i totally agree with you about the information out there on the swap.

Ben
Yeah like using GE na tranny on a aristo motor, just because the gs god said it will fit doesnt mean its right.
Old 07-08-11, 05:01 PM
Answer300
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by japspec
Yeah like using GE na tranny on a aristo motor, just because the gs god said it will fit doesnt mean its right.
Uh oh, here we go......
Old 07-09-11, 08:10 AM
SlvrGS300
Lead Lap

Funniest thing I have read on these forums in a loooooooong time. . . roflmaololomgwtfbbq
Old 07-10-11, 04:08 PM
Htowncory
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Car has been running EXcessively rich. Ie, solid 10's- high 10's.

Ordered Aristo maf from Japan and it raised a/f's by a solid point.

Now, Im convinced that using my NA gs300 maf housing which is 2.75 inches in diameter versus the Aristo tubing which is 3.25 (solid .5 inch larger) is creating the problem. So, Im working on getting a Aristo airbox/maf housing so that Ill have the correct Aristo maf housing.

Im confident when I get the Aristo tubing the a/f will raise even more and Ill gain back even more power, improve gas mileage.

While im waiting for the aristo airbox/maf tubing Im thinking about going to the junk yard to find a 3.25 inch maf tubing to temporarily install on the car to test out. I wonder how hard it will be to find a 3.25 inch maf tubing in the pick and pull junkyard..
Old 07-10-11, 08:03 PM
Bippu147
Lexus Test Driver

the MAF Outputs a 0-5000mV signal to the ECU. The Maf is calibrated to give the proper signal in a 2.75" pipe, the Aristo Maf is calibrated to give the proper signal in a 3.25" pipe....they tell the ECU the correct amount of airflow in their proper housings.

So by putting an Aristo MAF in a GS300 housing, the MAF is sending the ECU an improper voltage. So yes, it will change your air fuel, but it might not be the solution to your problem.

I would assume as soon as you put the Aristo MAF in the proper housing, your air fuel will go back to where it was.
Old 07-11-11, 12:54 AM
gijohnnyb
Driver

I made a thread about this but it was widely ignored. In regards to the speedo problem...might this be a plausible solution?

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.c...rod/prd126.htm
Old 07-11-11, 06:47 PM
Wicked GS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gijohnnyb
I made a thread about this but it was widely ignored. In regards to the speedo problem...might this be a plausible solution?

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.c...rod/prd126.htm
Our problem is with the fuel leveling, not the speedometer... If someone has actually used this and it's worked for our problem I'm all ears because I'd really like a solution so I don't have to count miles anymore
Old 07-11-11, 06:56 PM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

I dont know what the problem is i dont run out of gas at 1/4 tank, just recheck the fuel pump installation and try to find the problem.
Old 07-11-11, 07:19 PM
Wicked GS
Lead Lap

I dont know what the problem is i dont run out of gas at 1/4 tank, just recheck the fuel pump installation and try to find the problem.
Mark I'm going to check yours out
Old 07-11-11, 10:23 PM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Wicked GS
Mark I'm going to check yours out
Lol you got jokes lmao.
Old 07-12-11, 02:46 AM
gijohnnyb
Driver

Originally Posted by Wicked GS
Our problem is with the fuel leveling, not the speedometer... If someone has actually used this and it's worked for our problem I'm all ears because I'd really like a solution so I don't have to count miles anymore
Hmmm, I will look into the fuel leveling thing as well.

Last edited by gijohnnyb; 07-12-11 at 02:52 AM.

Quick Reply: 2JZGTE swap has begun