Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Alternative Air Filters for 98 GS300

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-01, 05:19 PM
hawkatl
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Grush, I might try the Swift intake once I'm past the factory warranty. But that costs about a grand, doesn't it? Thought that a $40 filter was a no-brainer, if I can find one.
Old 03-19-01, 04:28 PM
v300
Lead Lap

Default HKS

hawkatl,

HKS sponge element indeed lets your eningine breathe really well. In fact one of the best free flowing filtration elements out there. However, thats if you don't mind having sludge in your engine. IMOP I don't think it really filters elements well at all. Thats why it breathes so freaking well. BTW, I believe HKS does have a filter for the GS300. The same MAS air flow adapter worked for my 2JZ-GE and 2JZ-GTE configurations. However, I've stuck a K&N filter with a custom 4" velocity stack onto that same MAS air flow sensor.

I am not a certified mechanic or a rocket scientist but I know an interesting combination you can use to mock Swift Racing's setup. Get a HKS Super AFR and something like Rod Millen's setup. Go to your local dyno shop and let the games begin.

http://hks-power.com/s-afr/

In addition, if you really want reliable power, get an Unorthodox Racing Ultra Tr Cam Sprocket. A good number to use IMO is -3 degree (retard exhaust). If you are running a naturally aspirated 2J stick with the stock exhaust system so you won't loose the low end.

Last edited by v300; 03-19-01 at 04:31 PM.
Old 03-19-01, 04:48 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: HKS

Originally posted by v300
hawkatl,

HKS sponge element indeed lets your eningine breathe really well. In fact one of the best free flowing filtration elements out there. However, thats if you don't mind having sludge in your engine. IMOP I don't think it really filters elements well at all. Thats why it breathes so freaking well. BTW, I believe HKS does have a filter for the GS300. The same MAS air flow adapter worked for my 2JZ-GE and 2JZ-GTE configurations. However, I've stuck a K&N filter with a custom 4" velocity stack onto that same MAS air flow sensor.

I am not a certified mechanic or a rocket scientist but I know an interesting combination you can use to mock Swift Racing's setup. Get a HKS Super AFR and something like Rod Millen's setup. Go to your local dyno shop and let the games begin.

http://hks-power.com/s-afr/

V300:

how does the adaptor work? just plug right in, one side on filter one side on the pipe? what about the air-sensor? no problems? That's why I went with RMM's setup, customized pipe for the air sensor. When I got my Blitz Filter the retarded shop I went to got an adaptor that doesn't work at all. They end up using some poxy glue and tried to stick the whole thing together. Buncha retards there.

WOW the HKS website!!! I've been going to the dead and un-informative www.hksusa.com for a while. Whoever made the new HKS website are great people! heh heh heh
Old 03-19-01, 05:02 PM
v300
Lead Lap

Default ...concerning HKS

HKS USA’s website sure is awful. They do not think that internet marketing is a big player in the marketing factor. Supposedly they are concentrating on creating an international based middleware/dbase consisting of Oracle first before they make any web standards. After the integration is done they will then focus on the website. By the way, the people who did the original and existing design is autobuzz.com. Note the lack of creativity and design. However, as much as I am an advocate of HKS products, they should hit the electronic market now. Their 2000-2001 catalog is outdated and it is far from being the Partsmaster catalog.

BTW, the adapter is similar to the RMM except that the diameter of the adapter region is larger.
Old 03-29-01, 12:53 AM
1niceride
Lexus Test Driver

Just looked at my superstreet mag and in the new products section there is a section about trd.

Looks like TRD has the drop in filter replacement like K & N .

You guys might want to checkout WWW.trdsportparts.com to see if one is availabe for your car.
Old 03-29-01, 12:56 AM
1niceride
Lexus Test Driver

damn, just looked nothing on there website for us but maybe its not listed. Guess i will call Steve tomorrow and ask him.