Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

GS to GM LS motor swap ?'s...

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-11, 10:25 AM
DslDrager
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS to GM LS motor swap ?'s...

Hye guys I have bin searching all morning so I figured I would ask the people who are on here.. one of my friends wants my to build a turbo GM LS motor for him and what not..but I'm looking for swap kits..He cant afford me to build it from scratch!!! hahaha I found one place called DGR Fab..but they dont exist on the net anymore..I remember seeing something few years back..some web sites but I can't seem to find anyhthing.. I think I have a found a company to do all the wiring conversion..but any help would be great..
Old 05-29-11, 11:27 AM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

The more important questions would be:

Why? Power? Perception?

And more importantly... how much is his budget and when do YOU get paid?

Chances are you will do a bunch of legwork and unpaid consulting for most likely a dream that will never be. If he can't afford YOU to do it from scratch he can't afford it period. if there was a FULL and PROVEN swap kit then... MAYBE.
Old 05-29-11, 04:38 PM
DslDrager
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JBrady
The more important questions would be:

Why? Power? Perception?

And more importantly... how much is his budget and when do YOU get paid?

Chances are you will do a bunch of legwork and unpaid consulting for most likely a dream that will never be. If he can't afford YOU to do it from scratch he can't afford it period. if there was a FULL and PROVEN swap kit then... MAYBE.
Why? its what he wants... Power.. ?? there is no replacment for displacement.. I hate foriegn cars and their engines...but he loves his lexus and I already built him a turbo LS1 motor..and have a T-56 trans to go in it.. budget is about 20,000 a company has done this called DGR Fabrication.. but thier web site is and error page..now and thier phone number isn't working.. I can build all of the mounts myself but I rather no do that!! but looks like I will have too...
Old 05-29-11, 04:46 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,240 Likes on 1,359 Posts

Their site doesn't work for me either - they stopped being a vendor here more than a year ago (if not more).

You might get some ideas from these threads.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...available.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...soon-pics.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-fun-pics.html
Old 05-31-11, 01:16 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Their site doesn't work for me either - they stopped being a vendor here more than a year ago (if not more).
since im looking into this swap also (but supercharged not turboed) i found out dan folded and closed up shop dave
Old 06-01-11, 12:31 PM
fastryan
Driver

is this a gs300? if its a 400 wouldnt a set of pistons and a turbo smoke that damn ls, then live to talk about it? your talking "ls" but there are many different ones now. most are heavy and weak. the 6,7 or 8 models are all good, but that's a $ 10,000 engine by itself.
Old 06-02-11, 02:39 PM
Dscustoms
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$20k but he can't afford for you to build some mounts? Hell, my shop would do it for that. What's the holdup? You parrot some nonsense with hatred of foreign cars and their engines? No replacement for displacement? Come on, it's 2011. This is the wrong place for that. I'm surprised anyone would bother to help you. You might also do some research and figure out what cars are really foreign these days!