Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

has anyone heard/used this turbo kit by driftmotion?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-11, 09:29 PM
SoCal Cyco
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
Default has anyone heard/used this turbo kit by driftmotion?

any thoughts or usefull info would be awesome. thanks

http://store.driftmotion.com/static/...-1turbokit.php
Old 06-03-11, 09:46 PM
5t341th
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

i've seen this before and considered it. but considering these are "chinese" turbos, u cant really rely on them for too much. maybe the other components might last, but the turbo and maybe the manifold would break/fail
Old 06-03-11, 10:56 PM
SoCal Cyco
Pole Position

it does say all internal are "garret" this seems alot cheeper than having to piece together a kit. it says good upto 500hp i would be fine with around 400. hehe i say that now. they have another kit that is good to over 600hp
Old 06-03-11, 11:23 PM
D-Boi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks like a good price but then again i know nothing about forced induction
Old 06-04-11, 12:23 AM
SZA
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Iv dealt with this kit on several occasions down here in in Texas. First, the turbo is not a "chinese" turbo. I have spoken with Aaron over at driftmotion on several occasions and he explained to me that the turbo housing may be generic but the internal are indeed Garrett parts. The DM67 kits is actually quite nice, i just wish it came with a larger AR backhousing. Now the wastegate on the otherhand is complete knockoff and although i havnt heard of too many problems with it, i personally would swap it out for a better counterpart; i.e. Tial 44mm, Hks 60mm, etc. The last thing you want is a gate that cannot hold boost, spikes, gets stuck/open, vice versa. The manifold is an ebay knockoff but DM does go through the manifold to inspect for slag/crack, etc. Other than that, the kit is actually quite nice. Dont know why people dog on it. Just because its not a dual gated full race manifold doesnt mean the product is actual crap. Im thankful for decent quality products out there for a decent affordable price.
Old 06-04-11, 07:08 AM
/209JOHN\
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hmmmm..nice kit and Good info.

This may work with a potential SC3 project for me.

Imma repost this in the SC300/400.. and get some thoughts
Old 06-04-11, 10:39 PM
SoCal Cyco
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SZA
Iv dealt with this kit on several occasions down here in in Texas. First, the turbo is not a "chinese" turbo. I have spoken with Aaron over at driftmotion on several occasions and he explained to me that the turbo housing may be generic but the internal are indeed Garrett parts. The DM67 kits is actually quite nice, i just wish it came with a larger AR backhousing. Now the wastegate on the otherhand is complete knockoff and although i havnt heard of too many problems with it, i personally would swap it out for a better counterpart; i.e. Tial 44mm, Hks 60mm, etc. The last thing you want is a gate that cannot hold boost, spikes, gets stuck/open, vice versa. The manifold is an ebay knockoff but DM does go through the manifold to inspect for slag/crack, etc. Other than that, the kit is actually quite nice. Dont know why people dog on it. Just because its not a dual gated full race manifold doesnt mean the product is actual crap. Im thankful for decent quality products out there for a decent affordable price.
good to know, i will look further into this then. i would change out the wastegate, what about the blow-off valve? and would i just get a fmic kit also? what about tuning? i already have an emanage, just keep it and use that?

Originally Posted by VIP-209
hmmmm..nice kit and Good info.

This may work with a potential SC3 project for me.

Imma repost this in the SC300/400.. and get some thoughts
this is a GREAT price for an almost complete turbo kit. please post all other info you find out anywhere else. thanks
Old 06-04-11, 11:26 PM
/209JOHN\
Lexus Champion

Arrow

Originally Posted by SoCal Cyco
good to know, i will look further into this then. i would change out the wastegate, what about the blow-off valve? and would i just get a fmic kit also? what about tuning? i already have an emanage, just keep it and use that?

this is a GREAT price for an almost complete turbo kit. please post all other info you find out anywhere else. thanks
I see you found my repost in the SC section. hehe Seems like alot of the SC3 guys are Na-T.

Here's the for anyone else interested in this kit: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...turbo-kit.html
Old 06-04-11, 11:37 PM
SoCal Cyco
Pole Position

Originally Posted by VIP-209
I see you found my repost in the SC section. hehe Seems like alot of the SC3 guys are Na-T.

Here's the for anyone else interested in this kit: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...turbo-kit.html
haha yep, it sound like i need to piece one together?
Old 06-05-11, 02:47 AM
/209JOHN\
Lexus Champion

^ keep me updated on your adventure. I been lurkin the SC section lately, I may do an SC3 project. :-)
Old 06-05-11, 06:02 AM
LexCafe
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I Just posted my shopping list on SC400/300 forum.