Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

F-sport exhaust hanging lower on driver side...advice?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-11 | 09:11 AM
xnfsx
Pole Position

Exclamation F-sport exhaust hanging lower on driver side...advice?

I just put on the exhaust by the dealer, i noticed instantly that the exhausts were not in line. The technician would not fix it for me and said he did it the best he could. Is this a fitment issue with the 2006 model only? anyone else experiencing this particular problem? the driver side muffler slants / like that at around a 10 degree angle. Another thing when i crawled under was the fact that the y pipe is not tucked in like how the stock is tucked in near the f-sport rear sway bar, and the end of the y pipe connecting to the midpipe is off a bit (could this be the problem?)
Old 07-20-11 | 09:22 AM
Denver
Lead Lap

here my thread that i made. kinda similar. all i did was loosen all bolts and tighten them up slowly

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...d-exhaust.html
Old 07-20-11 | 09:33 AM
kannon
Pole Position

My tanabe hangs lower on driver side as well. Makes me angry. I've played with the bolts and that didn't help me, well it helped a little bit but not all the way. Eventually ill just have to zip tie it. Its not an uncommon problem your having.
Old 07-20-11 | 09:35 AM
LiCelsior
Retired
CL Folding 500000

cant u just bend the hanger so it makes it higher?
Old 07-20-11 | 09:46 AM
shadowman
Lexus Champion

It's tough to get them aligned. You have to have alot of patience and keep playing around of the bolts. Basically once you get them on the hangers, you need to tighten slowly and in a certain order. Slowly work to align them...

My is a bit lower on driver side too... but I gave up after 2 tries. But I looked alot better than when I first got them on.
Old 07-20-11 | 10:27 AM
Denver
Lead Lap

yeah you gotta keep trying. i had to readjust like 4 times to get it right. i even used a pump jack to lift the exhaust a little and then tighten up each bolt slowly. dont tighten one bolt at a time. i dont think you can bend the hangers, well not on the f sport exhaust
Old 07-20-11 | 01:58 PM
langjaykev
Lead Lap

I was about to make a thread about me using zip ties on my fsport. Its adjusted. but Im a bit worried about it messing up with the hangers/exhaust in the long run has anyone put the zip ties in the same spot as I did?
(dont mean to jack your thread but this might help you out :P)

Both sides now have 1 1/2 finger gap from the bumper. test drove it yesterday night on the freeway, didnt touch the bumper nor was there any vibrations through the car.
Old 07-20-11 | 02:36 PM
Denver
Lead Lap

dont know how long that will hold. the zip tie might melt from long driving
Old 07-20-11 | 03:14 PM
langjaykev
Lead Lap

it doesnt get hot at all. not close to the muffler. couple members actually did it to their exhausts as well, but diff locations.
I got the idea from Caymandive. after searching the forum. and then i went ahead and did it aswell :P
But he did it on a diff hanger.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...too-low-2.html
Old 07-20-11 | 03:29 PM
xnfsx
Pole Position

i am going to put my car on ramps right now, and take pics. its the whole muffler slanting down though back to where it connects to the y pipe.
Old 07-20-11 | 03:38 PM
langjaykev
Lead Lap

oh =\ i guess yours is more serious.
Mine was just leftside lower than my right about 1/2 inch.
Old 07-20-11 | 04:28 PM
xnfsx
Pole Position

mine sticks out too, i tihnk i found the problem, maybe all of you should check as well. There are different size bushing mounts, i believe that the dealer swaped the wrong ones.

this is a picture of how low the pipes hang, is this suppose to be like that?

this is a picture of how slanted my left muffler is

this is the bushing mount...

notice the difference? spacing wise, one is bigger that the other, it should be the bigger one.

see the bushing how it is off? i believe this is suppose to be in the hanging for the muffler not the y-pipe.

see how this is off?
Old 07-20-11 | 05:26 PM
langjaykev
Lead Lap

hmm im not to good with these stuff =\ since im a rookie, but I remb there were couple threads on here about the pipes hanging really low. so maybe you can try searching and maybe its the same issue?
Old 07-20-11 | 05:31 PM
xnfsx
Pole Position

i hear u im just getting into modding myself. does ur exhaust hang like that? it really annoys me alot. In NYC, im scared a manhole will rip my whole exhaust off lol.
Old 07-20-11 | 05:44 PM
langjaykev
Lead Lap

Nope, mine seems normal, but then again my car is stock height. You are lowered so its probably more noticable haha.

All i know is my Left muffler was 1 finger gap lower than my right. And I zip tied it to even it out yesterday. Cuz it bugs me to see the left lower than the right. OCD status haha.

Quick Reply: F-sport exhaust hanging lower on driver side...advice?