Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Fujitsobo exhaust for Gs300

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-11, 05:11 AM
Achmed
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that it's important that folks should know that this exhaust system will fit all 1998-2005 GS models regardless of powerplant chosen. Because it fits our GS430 just fine.
One of the main differences that I wish Fujitsubo would have done during their manufacturing is to bevel out their flange to accept the OEM style copper doughnut at the cat. Instead they have you mash a metal gasket to the cat that has the Lexus flange beveled which offers barely enough meat at the top and bottom of the flange to make a good seal. It would have been a perfect fit if Fujitsubo beveled their mating surface. In my opinion, if there ever was to be an exhaust leak, this is where it would originate.
Old 08-22-11, 09:14 AM
Hypebeast
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

soundclip of your 430?
Old 08-22-11, 10:11 AM
Achmed
Rookie

Varoom-Varoom!
Old 08-23-11, 06:40 PM
Bippu147
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Old 08-23-11, 06:43 PM
Bippu147
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Achmed
I think that it's important that folks should know that this exhaust system will fit all 1998-2005 GS models regardless of powerplant chosen. Because it fits our GS430 just fine.
One of the main differences that I wish Fujitsubo would have done during their manufacturing is to bevel out their flange to accept the OEM style copper doughnut at the cat. Instead they have you mash a metal gasket to the cat that has the Lexus flange beveled which offers barely enough meat at the top and bottom of the flange to make a good seal. It would have been a perfect fit if Fujitsubo beveled their mating surface. In my opinion, if there ever was to be an exhaust leak, this is where it would originate.
it seals fine, you just need to clean off the OEM flange really well, and chip all of the residue off of it.
Old 08-24-11, 04:39 AM
Achmed
Rookie

I took a 90° die grinder with a 3M Roloc coarse disc pad to it but that still doesn't add more meat to the OEM cat flange.
Lexus used a design with a circular copper washer, that's their design for the exhaust seal that's tight around the pipe whereas most A/M exhaust manufacturers, such as in this case Fujitsubo use a very common design, a 2 hole exhaust gasket. We've all seen this type of gasket before but Lexus "trimmed" or designed their flange differently at the top and bottom leaving a very little mating surface to compress anything other than the OEM design was intended.
You'll be able to see what I'm talking about once you have to seperate the new Fujitsubo pipe from the Lexus' cat. You can inspect the 2 hole gasket and see just how thin it is in these two areas. It's minimal at best.
Old 08-24-11, 04:51 AM
Achmed
Rookie

Another thing I noticed is that the Right side or Passenger side muffler is canted counter-clockwise just enough to notice. I saw it when finished with my install. I stood back and saw the right muffler wasn't square with the other muffler.
What I did was to loosen both mufflers and twist them to their stop of the bolt holes. The left or drivers side muffler I tweaked one way and the passenger side I twisted clockwise.
If there was any more need to make this type of adjustment, I'd grind down and enlongate the holes of each mating pair as to have level vision of the mufflers at the rear of the vehicle.

You can see what I'm talking about in the first picture posted above, it looks like the passenger muffler is at an angle compared to the drivers side muffler which looks level.

Look, if I wasn't picky, I wouldn't have bought a Lexus.
Old 08-31-11, 11:00 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Achmed
Another thing I noticed is that the Right side or Passenger side muffler is canted counter-clockwise just enough to notice. I saw it when finished with my install. I stood back and saw the right muffler wasn't square with the other muffler.
What I did was to loosen both mufflers and twist them to their stop of the bolt holes. The left or drivers side muffler I tweaked one way and the passenger side I twisted clockwise.
If there was any more need to make this type of adjustment, I'd grind down and enlongate the holes of each mating pair as to have level vision of the mufflers at the rear of the vehicle.

You can see what I'm talking about in the first picture posted above, it looks like the passenger muffler is at an angle compared to the drivers side muffler which looks level.

Look, if I wasn't picky, I wouldn't have bought a Lexus.
Have pic?.... I'd like to do the same... I want it flushed higher and also have a shorter tip. still looking for the missing piece (between the cat and the catback exhaust for my V8).

on clublexus

also, the catback is rated 85db

Last edited by sam430; 09-01-11 at 12:23 AM.
Old 09-06-11, 09:02 AM
Achmed
Rookie

look at the first picture in post #19,
On my car the canted right muffler is corrected so a pic wouldn't do you any good to see what I was talking about.

Last edited by Achmed; 09-12-11 at 05:34 AM.
Old 09-06-11, 09:15 AM
vanquish2
Rookie

I've got this exhaust on my gte swap and it is SUPER quite....I kinda want it louder! Quality stuff none the less.
Old 09-12-11, 05:37 AM
Achmed
Rookie

yea I know it's pretty quiet but just loud enough. Especially at start up.
I don't want to hear the exhaust when on a road trip like a speed boat, it sounds quiet enough to make the journey still enjoyable by all who are aboard.
Old 09-12-11, 05:57 AM
vanquish2
Rookie

Yeah I'm interested to see how much it changes when I turn the boost up. The velocity of the exhaust is usually quite a bit different so I'm expecting it be louder under higher boost. If its this quite at low boost and idle yet moderately loud under high boost......that equals perfection! lol