Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

What's your favorite sounding intake/header/midpipe/exhaust combo?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-11, 07:28 PM
Husni08
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's your favorite sounding intake/header/midpipe/exhaust combo?

I find myself jumping from thread to thread searching for intake and exhaust clips so I can have a better idea of what setup I want so I thought I'd go ahead and make a thread to see what others opinions are on your favorite SOUNDING (HP gains aside) setup is. I'm personally interested in upgrading the entire intake/exhaust system but I have a few mods in line waiting. Anyways post your favorite sounding system(s) with a clip if you have one on deck. Again, we're not talking horses,nor facts, just opinions and music to a ninjas ears.
Old 07-26-11, 08:07 PM
Defender46
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Really liking my invidia with greddy se, a little quiet but the best sound I've seen, hard to keep these cars from being ricy. 350 fwiw
Old 07-26-11, 08:11 PM
chi123
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The best I've ever heard is the F-Sport Intake, PPE Headers, Invidia Midpipes, and F-Sport Exahust. From videos I've watched, it's super loud and best sounding IMO. I'm going down the road for loudest and so far I got a short ram intake, Invidia Midpipes, and next is probably a muffler delete since it's loud without mufflers. I may want PPE headers but still debating if it's worth the hassle.
Old 07-26-11, 09:13 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts

Hands down fujitsubo Legalis R exhaust noticeable only to you and not annoying to others. Since um not in to the loud sound. I pair if off with Joe z intake and ppe headers.
Old 07-27-11, 09:23 AM
Husni08
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Defender46
Really liking my invidia with greddy se, a little quiet but the best sound I've seen, hard to keep these cars from being ricy. 350 fwiw
I definitely agree on being hard not to have it sounding ricey. I like the subtleness of that setup from the clips I've heard but I feel like it lacks just a bit in

Originally Posted by chi123
The best I've ever heard is the F-Sport Intake, PPE Headers, Invidia Midpipes, and F-Sport Exahust. From videos I've watched, it's super loud and best sounding IMO. I'm going down the road for loudest and so far I got a short ram intake, Invidia Midpipes, and next is probably a muffler delete since it's loud without mufflers. I may want PPE headers but still debating if it's worth the hassle.
I had headers on my last ride (e46) and they were such a PITA but it was probably the most noticeable change in both sound and power. But in the end I can't say it was worth the hassle I dealt with. I'm hoping that won't be the case this time around. Keep the mods comin man.

Originally Posted by laobo979
Hands down fujitsubo Legalis R exhaust noticeable only to you and not annoying to others. Since um not in to the loud sound. I pair if off with Joe z intake and ppe headers.
Are you currently running this setup?
Old 07-28-11, 06:23 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts

Yes im the that setup now....
Old 07-29-11, 12:57 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Trust me , my set up is very subtle but when u stepped on it, wah music to my ears.... best sound and very nice gain, still waiting for dyno place to schedule for the official rwhp
Old 07-29-11, 03:46 AM
A_Grasso
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally, I love my afe/invidia/hks set-up. It sounds great at wot and if it's ever too loud, I can put silencers in and it sounds quiet inside like the f sport exhaust
Old 07-29-11, 05:32 AM
Defender46
Driver

My ebay intake comes in today, can't justify the price for f sport even though its the only one that shows hp gains etc, I refuse to use half the stock air box and im going for a louder intake set up to balance the exhaust. Also planning to build a heat shield/box set up to silence the haters. Should have pics by Sunday.
Old 07-29-11, 01:06 PM
A_Grasso
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ the joeZ intake adds 5hp. And it costs 125
Old 07-29-11, 01:20 PM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Intake - Fsport

Exhaust - PPE headers, With Hi Flow cats, Invidia Midpipes, Megan Drift Spec to finish
Old 07-29-11, 03:44 PM
Defender46
Driver

Originally Posted by A_Grasso
^ the joeZ intake adds 5hp. And it costs 125
Isn't it just a pipe that uses the stock air box? Therefore the same reasons I'm not interested in f sport apply
Old 07-29-11, 03:58 PM
Nelly
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I was at the BoS7 exhaust demo and I fell in love with the F-sport intake/exhaust + invidia midpipe.
Old 07-30-11, 03:38 PM
chi123
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Defender46
My ebay intake comes in today, can't justify the price for f sport even though its the only one that shows hp gains etc, I refuse to use half the stock air box and im going for a louder intake set up to balance the exhaust. Also planning to build a heat shield/box set up to silence the haters. Should have pics by Sunday.
How is the fitment on your eBay intake? I ordered an eBay short ram intake months ago and all I can say is that it is pretty loud. It kicks in at 3000 RPMs and gives a very deep sound. Pretty satisfied with it as I'm only interested in more noise. Only problem is that the fitment is not perfect and my passenger side of the engine cover is pushed up as a result but not bad for like $70.
Old 07-30-11, 04:58 PM
Defender46
Driver

It fits well, I kinda want ti change the pcv hose just because it looks a little stretched, I guess the angle is mildly off there. I built a heat shield or box for it today and now it has a nice echo to it Haha, should definitely keep the hot air out. Ill post a pic in a little while when I get home.

Quick Reply: What's your favorite sounding intake/header/midpipe/exhaust combo?