Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

06ISDriver's intake Dyno TESTED!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-11, 11:20 AM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

all you need is the mapecu3 package. The wiring diagram was just released onto their support section of the website based on my install.
Old 09-27-11, 11:22 AM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Stylnhonda
Please do! Any cost idea yet?
as inexpensive and competitive as humanly possible. I'm aiming for it to be significantly less than what the big names retail for.
Old 09-27-11, 11:58 AM
XhyDra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Is your MAPECU3 compatible with both 250/350 models?
Old 09-27-11, 12:46 PM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

yes, but a different wiring diagram I believe. I'll start a thread just about that in a few days when I get my car back.
Old 09-28-11, 08:17 AM
getfunky
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please excuse my ignorance(and for veering off topic) but is this "mapecu3" suppose to be some sort performance ecu chip? It's from my understanding that no one has been able to crack the heavily encrypted, lexus ecu chip... If this is the case, shouldn't this be huge news on the lexus forums? I haven't seen any threads about this "mapecu3" chip.

But to get back on topic, congrats on the numbers! I'm glad I waited on getting an intake and can't wait to see these on the market.
Old 09-28-11, 09:12 AM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the compliment, I'm glad you waited too, however I feel this whole process is taking WAY to long, but I continue on. There's just some things that are completely out of my control and that's where I'm at right now, waiting on other people. It is what it is.

Anyway it's not a chip, it's a piggy back. I agree with you though that it should be garnering more attention then it's getting but I'm sure the dyno will open some folks eyes to the possibilities now.

Plus, the mapecu is ready for complete control of a supercharged application in both open and closed loop with just a simple 70$ additional accessory from MAPECU. It's also got launch control and 2 stage nitrous control.

My guy is still working with MAPECU to get the launch control operational on an auto, but he says he feels pretty confident. My car was officially running as of last night to develop the base map so we'll see where it goes today.

MAPECU, btw, has been INCREDIBLY accommodating and are a stand up bunch of guys and are highly recommended!
Old 09-28-11, 09:53 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 06isDriver

Anyway it's not a chip, it's a piggy back. I agree with you though that it should be garnering more attention then it's getting but I'm sure the dyno will open some folks eyes to the possibilities now.
Depends on the results...folks who played with fuel in open loop via AFCs were only seeing like 5-8 hp, I don't think it'll get much attention if your results, for what has to be north of $1000 with the parts and the labor of the guys working on it for you, are similar. If you get 30 hp NA that's another story.

Plus, the mapecu is ready for complete control of a supercharged application in both open and closed loop with just a simple 70$ additional accessory from MAPECU. It's also got launch control and 2 stage nitrous control.
Did you actually get the additional bits to run it in closed loop? You'd be the first to get that running on a 2IS AFAIK (the guy in Greece was only running open I believe) so I'd be curious to see what it can do there.

My guy is still working with MAPECU to get the launch control operational on an auto, but he says he feels pretty confident. My car was officially running as of last night to develop the base map so we'll see where it goes today.
What sort of system does it use for the launch control? Obviously something a lot better than factory TC...

MAPECU, btw, has been INCREDIBLY accommodating and are a stand up bunch of guys and are highly recommended!
Yup... buddy of mine does some MAPECU stuff on Supras (and 2JZ Lexus vehicles) and he's always had good things to say about the product and the folks behind it.
Old 09-28-11, 09:58 AM
Stylnhonda
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very interested to see the intake as well. Been holding off on the Joe Z or F Sport to see!
Old 09-28-11, 10:06 AM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

havent gotten the additional bits yet. so I dunno, but judging from all the documentation and what is already possible it seems completely doable.

I agree though, 5-8 would be severely disappointing, but I hold out hope because those SAFC's had a limited amount of control over the rev range whereas the Mapecu will be able to adjust timing and fuel on a potentially unlimited basis.

I feel pretty confident I'll be able to squeek out at least 15 whp more judging solely on my AFR's from my last dyno. 11.0 - 11.2 is incredibly rich as far as NA performance at WOT goes. We'll see though, maybe today.
Old 10-03-11, 07:16 AM
APynckel
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can we get pictures already?
Old 10-03-11, 07:20 AM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, I was super tired last night. Only got 3 hours sleep getting ready for IFO the night before. I'll post em up tonight when I get them from my brother-in-law.
Old 10-04-11, 03:45 PM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Added pics first post page 1
Old 10-04-11, 05:18 PM
Stylnhonda
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks pretty good. So what all will the intake come with? Do you need to re use the OEM lower and upper box? Any cutting of the upper box?
Old 10-04-11, 11:05 PM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

reuse the lower, no cutting. IT will come with all the necessary clamps and connections. Basically you'll take off your oem pipe and upper portion of the box and just replace it with this entire unit. Voila'

Last edited by 06isDriver; 10-05-11 at 04:43 AM.
Old 10-07-11, 11:47 AM
mikellucci
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

06isDriver, did you receive my PM around the intake? Just curious, thanks

Quick Reply: 06ISDriver's intake Dyno TESTED!