Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

06ISDriver's intake Dyno TESTED!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-11, 07:10 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by clubfoot
Well that wasn't very smart to run a couple 100hps NOS shot on something less than a built up turbo 400 or a C6! Who was this bright bulb?
George Debski, who ran that way flawlessly for years, having the fastest, most reliable, B-body in the world on what for a while was a totally stock motor and nitrous (he eventually did a mild head port and a mild cam upgrade).... he was also the first stock-bottom-end B-body in the world to get into the 11s (on a car that's in the 15s from the factory). He was actually pretty smart, he just didn't want to give up overdrive for a while.

His kit was smart enough to turn on/off as needed to keep the transmission alive, and the post-TH400 kit still had a number of safety systems designed into it...it's still a design I point folks to when they ask how to set up a nitrous kit even an idiot can't kill the car with.

Originally Posted by clubfoot
Like I said heat and friction kill automatic transmissions. An instantaneous shot of NOS is NOT the same as a mild bump in hp on a ****ty transmission, it will slip and overheat in an instant!
Toyota normally build in a pretty good "safety" factor into their blocks, transmissions and differentials, so hopefully the IS trans will hold a little shift tightening. I guess we'll find out.
I'm sure it'll hold up to a little, as I'm sure at least some of the settings are the way they are for ride comfort in addition to longevity, I mentioned that earlier. My point was nobody knows how much. If folks want to experiment and find out, go for it, just think it's worth mentioning there might be a reason not to go too crazy with it.
Old 11-26-11, 07:02 AM
clubfoot
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurtz
George Debski, who ran that way flawlessly for years, having the fastest, most reliable, B-body in the world on what for a while was a totally stock motor and nitrous (he eventually did a mild head port and a mild cam upgrade).... he was also the first stock-bottom-end B-body in the world to get into the 11s (on a car that's in the 15s from the factory). He was actually pretty smart, he just didn't want to give up overdrive for a while.
Sounds like he was running in a "stock" class and wanted to keep the overdrive and costs in check which is why he stuck with that transmission. But, like every weak link in the chain he had to change it, 'cause turning it off and on was probably losing him some time just to save the trans from blowing apart. Good for him he saw the light.

LOL,...HKS is crazy, that's why we're following his progress so we will know what NOT to do. I say go for it
Old 11-28-11, 11:07 AM
itruns
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So just quick random thoughts here:

So just quick random thoughts here:

If cat backs give around 5hp for $800-$1,500.. perhaps being able to always run max available factory timing with a Snows water/Meth kit...$350-$550? (plus whatever the methanol might bring to the table)... would be hard to show on a dyno though..

And a HKS module for quicker shifts and possibly more timing yet... but around $1,500?

Hemmm… wish I still had garage takeoff parts sitting around… Guess I’ll have to let someone with deeper “toys” pockets try these first…
Old 11-30-11, 05:15 PM
Cuztom350
Driver

Hows the production coming?
Old 12-01-11, 07:30 AM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Unfortunately it hasn't started yet, so it doesn't look possible to get the first batch ready by Christmas. I am trying as hard as I can to get this to production as quickly as possible. I understand why in-house manufacturing is highly preferred and I will be working towards that in the future.

Thanks everyone for your patience and I hope everyone who is interested will continue supporting this effort. I will be sure to post any updates as soon as they occur.

Thanks again!
Old 12-01-11, 09:04 AM
getfunky
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bummer... but you still have my support! Good luck though, sounds like a lot of work to get it manufactured... Will there be some special discount for the first 20 buyers or group buy? (i had to ask, lol)
Old 12-01-11, 09:40 AM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

definitely!
Old 12-06-11, 06:05 PM
tBayBoi20
Driver

I'm pretty sure I'll be getting one...good work man!
Old 12-28-11, 02:02 PM
itruns
Driver

Any recent updates?
Old 12-31-11, 07:47 AM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

I've gotten manufacturers on board and it should be about 6-7 weeks after I give the go that a batch is ready. We're getting close, hang in there!
Old 12-31-11, 09:29 AM
Gville350

Received 434 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by 06isDriver
I've gotten manufacturers on board and it should be about 6-7 weeks after I give the go that a batch is ready. We're getting close, hang in there!
Great to hear! Props on your own innovation.
Old 12-31-11, 09:39 AM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

count me in for the first one! guinea pig ?
Old 12-31-11, 10:27 AM
two2tone
Lead Lap

I hope it's not going to be like $300+ lol
Old 12-31-11, 02:13 PM
itruns
Driver

do we have any ideas on the price yet? Can we reuse an exsisting joeZ pipe and use your Cold air topper?
Old 01-03-12, 10:41 AM
JETLEX
Driver

I've been following this thread for awhile now.

Do you think this would do anything for a stock IS250?

Quick Reply: 06ISDriver's intake Dyno TESTED!