Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

06ISDriver's intake Dyno TESTED!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-12, 05:48 AM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

no updates really, getting funding. My business plan is under review at multiple banks.

The difference in this system from the stock box are 2 fold:

1.) it removes the noise reducers and provides an outlet for the sound to escape out the front. I'm telling you, it sounds down right mean above 3k rpms. In normal cruising, you cant hear it. I often found my self upset when I had to switch back and forth to stock when it was being 3d scanned.

2.) The hood sealed portion as well as the outlet to the front provide almost the exact same thermal protection from engine heat as the stock setup. This is good, because the stock setup did as good a job as anyone could do. This, coupled with the smoother path and precise length and diameter of the intake is what makes this intake unique and perform so well.

The design is the first of its kind that will provide good looks, sound and ACTUAL power.....not the marketing horsepower......rwhp. It wont cost you an arm and a leg either.

Last edited by 06isDriver; 03-08-12 at 05:56 AM.
Old 03-08-12, 07:02 AM
mikellucci
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

This is exactly the way I would have designed the intake! Cant say enough what a nice option this will be to actually add rwhp to the 2nd gen IS platform. You should make the tube standard with a 1/8npt tap flange for meth/water nozzles. I'm J/K but not.
Old 03-08-12, 08:04 PM
iTaLiAnO
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 06isDriver
no updates really, getting funding. My business plan is under review at multiple banks.

The difference in this system from the stock box are 2 fold:

1.) it removes the noise reducers and provides an outlet for the sound to escape out the front. I'm telling you, it sounds down right mean above 3k rpms. In normal cruising, you cant hear it. I often found my self upset when I had to switch back and forth to stock when it was being 3d scanned.

2.) The hood sealed portion as well as the outlet to the front provide almost the exact same thermal protection from engine heat as the stock setup. This is good, because the stock setup did as good a job as anyone could do. This, coupled with the smoother path and precise length and diameter of the intake is what makes this intake unique and perform so well.

The design is the first of its kind that will provide good looks, sound and ACTUAL power.....not the marketing horsepower......rwhp. It wont cost you an arm and a leg either.
I understand the benefits, but maybe im missing something. If one used the F-Sport airbox (with holes for sound) with the Joe-Z tube and drop-in high flow filter, wouldnt that be the exact same thing, power-wise?
Old 03-08-12, 08:06 PM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

maybe....but you would have spent more money to do it I would think, purchasing all those pieces separately.
Old 03-08-12, 08:31 PM
iTaLiAnO
Driver School Candidate

Pipe = 125 bucks
http://l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=2804

F-Sport drop-in High-flow Filter = 66 bucks
http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...S250-2007.html

Holes in airbox = free

so ur intake has to retail at 160 bucks or less in order to be remotely competitive and make people decide not to go with name brands
Old 03-09-12, 07:19 AM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by iTaLiAnO
Pipe = 125 bucks
http://l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=2804

F-Sport drop-in High-flow Filter = 66 bucks
http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...S250-2007.html

Holes in airbox = free

so ur intake has to retail at 160 bucks or less in order to be remotely competitive and make people decide not to go with name brands
then go do that ....I wouldnt hold it against you, but thats 191 dollars + shipping. For just a little bit more money comparatively, you'll be getting WAY more product and customer service if you purchase one of my systems.

Your holes in your air box will be allowing hot air in and I can guarantee it wont sound as good as mine. Not to mention that I tuned the length for optimal torque and horsepower throughout the power band. Go look at that dyno on page 1 again, solid gains throughout.

I've designed a system for people that combines the best of all worlds. If you purchase one from me, you'll be getting a quality product, easy installation, and customer service/install help should you need it. Also, you wont be ruining your stock air box and everything can be returned to stock very easily.

You could go your route and save some money, which is fine.
Will it sound as good? Probably not
Will it make as much power throughout the band? maybe.....but I think I'd beat it on peak whp every time.
will it look as good?? in my opinion no, because it will look JUST like every other ISx50 running around getting groceries. Some people like something to set them apart.

bottom line is that you'll be buying a high quality product that performs for a respectable price. Believe me, I'd love to undercut the competition so severely but it's just not possible.

Thank you for bringing this up, because it was the dilemma of having to compromise a certain aspect to gain another that started this whole process. I wasnt content with paying high prices for low performance. I'm trying to flip the script for low prices and high performance.

I am a man of my word and I stand behind my products. A person buying from me can trust they are getting a product with proven power and no big company marketing mumbo jumbo. Each and every customer to me is more important than this whole forum combined for some of these mega companies. I hope you give me the chance to prove it.

Last edited by 06isDriver; 03-09-12 at 07:27 AM.
Old 03-09-12, 07:27 AM
iTaLiAnO
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 06isDriver
then go do that ....I wouldnt hold it against you, but thats 191 dollars + shipping. For just a little bit more money,with one of my intakes, you'll be getting WAY more product and customer service.

Your holes in your air box will be allowing hot air in and I can guarantee it wont sound as good as mine. Not to mention that I tuned the length for optimal torque and horsepower throughout the power band. Go look at that dyno on page 1 again, solid gains throughout.

I've designed a system for people that combines the best of all worlds. If you purchase one from me, you'll be getting a quality product, easy installation, and customer service/install help should you need it. Also, you wont be ruining your stock air box and everything can be returned to stock very easily.

You could go your route and save some money, which is fine.
Will it sound as good? Probably not
Will it make as much power throughout the band? maybe.....but I think I'd beat it on peak whp every time.
will it look as good?? in my opinion no, because it will look JUST like every other IS running around getting groceries. Some people like something to set them apart.

bottom line is that you'll be buying a high quality that performs for a respectable price. Believe me, I'd love to undercut the competition so severely but it's just not possible.

Thank you for bringing this up, because it was the dilemma of having to compromise a certain aspect to gain another that started this whole process. I wasnt content with paying high prices for low performance. I'm trying to flip the script for low prices and high performance.

I am a man of my word and I stand behind my products. A person buying from me can trust they are getting a product with proven power and no big company marketing mumbo jumbo. Each and every customer to me is more important than this whole forum combined for some of these mega companies. I hope you give me the chance to prove it.
I wasn't bashing your product. On the contrary actually, I DO think it's pretty cool. I DO think your gonna sell quite a few (assuming it's priced adequately), and I DO respect the "think outside the box" thing you've done.

I just don't believe the power is any different from the setup I mentioned. That's all. To be honest, I'd probably consider buying yours just because its "cool" looking lol
Old 03-13-12, 07:25 AM
Endgame
Driver

I just stumbled upon this thread. Good idea, very similar to the GT500 airboxes.