Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2jzgte vvti swap wont start

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-11, 08:39 AM
Phommadong
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2jzgte vvti swap wont start

So yesterday I finish putting the wires and connecters together and see if the engine would turn over. Hooked up the battery and the first thing that happen- factory car alarm goes off and I was ok and then after unlocking and shuting off the alarm I try cranking the engine over, but no dice. Lights and all the fun stuff comes on but engine does not turn over as if its immobilized. The funny part I'm using the aristo ecu so it shouldn't have the immobilizer right? But I'm also using a v161 tranny. So maybe the ecu is not geting the signal that the car is in park or neutral (if I had the auto) maybe. The entire engine and tranny came out of a supra with harness. I'm stump for righ now and I need to get my car out the shop as fast as I can and a e4 military pay got me going pay check to pay check.
Old 08-29-11, 08:59 AM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you know what ECU model you have?

The one without immobilizer is: 89661-3A470
Old 08-29-11, 09:26 AM
Phommadong
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that's the one I got the 3a470 part sounds like mine but I'm gonna have to wait till the shop opens on Wednesday to confirm
Old 08-29-11, 02:28 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

v161, and you didn't wire up the neutral switch? That'll be the issue. Must do that, if you just have the big connector that went to the trans under the car, just try jumping the 2 LARGE pins together. (once your looking at the right connector it will make sense when you see 2 pins are way bigger than the other 9 or so in the bunch)

Just be careful, as doing this will allow it to start in gear, these are the same 2 wires you would run to the clutch safety switch to prevent that from happening if you want to..