Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Megan Drift Spec Angled Look

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-12, 07:59 PM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Anyone have an idea of what a exhaust/muffler shop will charge to cut or rebend my Hks hi power to look like the Megan drift spec. I really like the tilted-angled look. It reminds of my apexi n1 that I had on my civic SI.
Old 01-07-12, 10:09 PM
chi123
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RastaRacer
Anyone have an idea of what a exhaust/muffler shop will charge to cut or rebend my Hks hi power to look like the Megan drift spec. I really like the tilted-angled look. It reminds of my apexi n1 that I had on my civic SI.
Now I don't know what muffler shops you go to will do but it shouldn't be more than like $150. Some might cut your piping and use their own shorter piping. Other might do other things. They also got to bend your hangers or weld new ones on. My friend is having a muffler shop weld on a Greddy muffler to his '12 Civic soon so I might be able to give you a better idea of how much since he wants to angle it and stuff. Another friend of mine had his coffee can cut off and a new muffler welded on and that was $40 at a good muffler shop.
Old 01-17-12, 05:21 AM
DaXxJaPxX
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RastaRacer
do you already have a rear lip on there? if not, just know that a rear lip (at least the GFX one) will not fit once the exhaust is angled. I'm actually going to get my driftspec's straightened out so i can fit the rear lip on
Old 01-17-12, 07:08 AM
SiskoMax77
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DaXxJaPxX
do you already have a rear lip on there? if not, just know that a rear lip (at least the GFX one) will not fit once the exhaust is angled. I'm actually going to get my driftspec's straightened out so i can fit the rear lip on
Is that for any rear lip or just the GFX? I have a full TOM's on the way for my ride.........just curious, thanks!
Old 01-17-12, 07:09 PM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I see on the guy chris250 with the sgm IS. He has this exhaust and it looks perfect. I just don't know if he had to do any mods to it. I pm'd him to find out.
Old 01-25-12, 09:37 AM
DaXxJaPxX
Driver

Originally Posted by SiskoMax77
Is that for any rear lip or just the GFX? I have a full TOM's on the way for my ride.........just curious, thanks!
im no expert on the subject matter, but my tips are about an inch from each side of the OEM exhaust cut out, which is fine. But most lips lower the cut out, as well as extend the bumper outwards slightly, so i'd be cautious. The angling is relatively drastic, id say about 30-35 degrees. If at all possible, get the lip on first then go get ur exhaust installed, u'll save a lot of time/money IMO

As for bending, all i know is i went to lou's custom exhaust and they guy told me he'd have to recut it and rehang it, so about $250. i thought that was a bit high and am currently shopping around